A-10 Capabilities and Sortie Surge - Video

Arsonist

This video was featured in a 05/03 Popular Mechanics article titled "The A-10 Warthog Was a Badass Even in This Old-School '70s Film". Interesting read. They say max turn around time is 20 minutes from wheels down to wheels up. Hey Snoopy, what are the average turn around times with the newest Hawgs?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a20136657/a-10-warthog-70s-film-strip/

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

This video was featured in a 05/03 Popular Mechanics article titled "The A-10 Warthog Was a Badass Even in This Old-School '70s Film". Interesting read. They say max turn around time is 20 minutes from wheels down to wheels up. Hey Snoopy, what are the average turn around times with the newest Hawgs?

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a20136657/a-10-warthog-70s-film-strip/

Even an A model couldn’t be turned in 20 minutes if you did everything by the Tech Order.

Even an A model couldn’t be turned in 20 minutes if you did everything by the Tech Order.

Though I am sure that you are correct, I also suspect that corners are often cut by some ground crews.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Being a retired A10 Weapons troop. I can tell you we never cut corners. Like Snoopy said, that leads to crashed jets and jail time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Which leads to aircraft incidents and people in jail.

Being a retired A10 Weapons troop. I can tell you we never cut corners. Like Snoopy said, that leads to crashed jets and jail time.

It is good to know that your men do what they are supposed to when they are supposed to do it. My most sincere apologies to the chiefs and the crews for thinking otherwise.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Fair enough. I was an ejection seat mech and tiger team leader responsible for full bird 256 day inspections, so I know about not cutting corners. In the vid they said they were doing hot turn arounds to test how many sorties they could put out if the ol' "Fulda Gap" incident were to happen. I'm sure at that early stage in the Hawg program they didn't have too many PnPs to follow, so in the vid they had it down to 20minutes. What's the current turn around time on the Charlie for 50% fuel, hardpoints, and rounds? Just curious.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Fair enough. I was an ejection seat mech and tiger team leader responsible for full bird 256 day inspections, so I know about not cutting corners. In the vid they said they were doing hot turn arounds to test how many sorties they could put out if the ol' "Fulda Gap" incident were to happen. I'm sure at that early stage in the Hawg program they didn't have too many PnPs to follow, so in the vid they had it down to 20minutes. What's the current turn around time on the Charlie for 50% fuel, hardpoints, and rounds? Just curious.

Not 20 minutes.

Early videos also said you could change and engine in 8 hours. The best I’ve ever personally seen an engine changed was 14 from start to finish to include engine trim and ops checks.