Fighters wait to activate... but still exist. - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #21
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

That only applies to ground vehicles, and furthermore only works in single player at this time, unfortunately.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #22
Backdraft

Zayets, thank you, I will try this. Now I have a question in regards to late activation. I made a help group with late activation but when I test in game they never activate?? And their time boxes are all zeros even though I put a time in there. Any clue to that guys??
Backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #23
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

You need a trigger. GROUP ACTIVATE (groupname)

Visible before start is only an option for ground units in single player missions.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #24
Zayets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdraft View Post
Zayets, thank you, I will try this. Now I have a question in regards to late activation. I made a help group with late activation but when I test in game they never activate?? And their time boxes are all zeros even though I put a time in there. Any clue to that guys??
As per above, it looks this works only with ground vehicles (and offline only). I remember I did this trick before for aircrafs : in front of the aircraft place a Humvee having one waypoint which just to free the taxi path for that particular aircraft once it moves. Now, you can make this visible before start as it is a ground vehicle. Then set a flag to activate it once a certain condition is true. The Humvee will move aside and the aircraft can taxi. There is one small drawback to this for AI planes : they will start their engines and they will obviously consume some fuel until they move. But other than that, it should work.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #25
falken76

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunf View Post
You have to use "Start" triggered action, and trigger with "AI push task" action.
I copied what you said to the T and it didn't work. I know the trigger is going off because I added a message that just said "Plane should be rolling" and that appears. But the plane just sits there, it has waypoints, it just won't do anything. What am I missing?

Why is the AI ignoring the fact that I set waypoints for the plane?
falken76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #26
falken76

Quote:
Originally Posted by falken76 View Post
I copied what you said to the T and it didn't work. I know the trigger is going off because I added a message that just said "Plane should be rolling" and that appears. But the plane just sits there, it has waypoints, it just won't do anything. What am I missing?

Why is the AI ignoring the fact that I set waypoints for the plane?
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had the wrong coalition set for the plane so it was a client instead of AI so of course it should just sit there lol. It works if I follow the steps correctly Thanks for this awesome bit of info.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #27
falken76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdraft View Post
Aww I see, thbaks. When I click take off ramp it moves to another airport
If all your slots are full you can still do a late activate, just remember to give the plane taking off from the runway a group name so you can apply it to the trigger. Then set a group activate to a trigger you have set up either through an event or crossing into a zone.

Last edited by falken76; 05-02-2018 at 03:45 PM.