Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
bojangles_25

Default Question about DCS serials and Steam

Hi All,
It seems that Steam has now seen 2 different 'warthogs':
  • The original standalone product
  • The new DLC for the free 'DCS world'
I bought the original stand-alone product, which was only ever updated to 1.1.1.1 via Steam. Then I used the same serial number that I got from Steam to activate the newer version from DCS.com and stopped using my Steam version.

I also bought a serial for Black Shark 2, P51 and UH-1 via DCS.com

Is it possible to use the serial number that I already bought ages ago for Warthog (on Steam) and my existing serials for other modules, with the Steam installation of DCS world and its modules?

I tried 'Activate a product on Steam' but.. does that ever work?

I guess this is a common question... Does anyone have any idea or is there official announcements from ED?
"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"
Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles_25 View Post
Hi All,
It seems that Steam has now seen 2 different 'warthogs':
  • The original standalone product
  • The new DLC for the free 'DCS world'
I bought the original stand-alone product, which was only ever updated to 1.1.1.1 via Steam. Then I used the same serial number that I got from Steam to activate the newer version from DCS.com and stopped using my Steam version.

I also bought a serial for Black Shark 2, P51 and UH-1 via DCS.com

Is it possible to use the serial number that I already bought ages ago for Warthog (on Steam) and my existing serials for other modules, with the Steam installation of DCS world and its modules?

I tried 'Activate a product on Steam' but.. does that ever work?

I guess this is a common question... Does anyone have any idea or is there official announcements from ED?
Note:
If you Download DCSW on Steam and Have Previously Bought A-10C 1.1.1.1 on Steam, it will automatically Add A-10C DLC to your DCS World DLC Licenses with a New License Key.

Everything else should work Except:
Black Shark 2 UPGRADE
Flaming Cliffs 3 *(except the certain region).

UH-1H Should Work, when Steam merges the Keys into their database.

P-51, A-10C, CA etc should all work already,
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro

Last edited by SkateZilla; 09-09-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
alexbap

I have another question about keys. I have DCS World and A-10C installed without steam and today I bought BS2 and Huey by steam.
How can I install or get keys from steam to my DCSW? On Steam, DLCs don't show up on my games library.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
guitarxe

Right click on DCS:W and click on "show keys" or something similar. All keys from different DLCs will be there.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
bojangles_25

Thanks SkateZilla for the reply

Indeed, I notice now that if I visit the store page for 'A-10 Warthog DLC', it states I already own it (cool!)

And also, I just activated my Black Shark 2 key on steam, so that should work if I install it.

Seems that the P51 And Huey keys don't work yet though.. They are a different format with no dashes, maybe a different key database...?

Once I can activate everything on Steam, it will be the way to go in the future
"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbap View Post
I have another question about keys. I have DCS World and A-10C installed without steam and today I bought BS2 and Huey by steam.
How can I install or get keys from steam to my DCSW? On Steam, DLCs don't show up on my games library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxe View Post
Right click on DCS:W and click on "show keys" or something similar. All keys from different DLCs will be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles_25 View Post
Thanks SkateZilla for the reply

Indeed, I notice now that if I visit the store page for 'A-10 Warthog DLC', it states I already own it (cool!)

And also, I just activated my Black Shark 2 key on steam, so that should work if I install it.

Seems that the P51 And Huey keys don't work yet though.. They are a different format with no dashes, maybe a different key database...?

Once I can activate everything on Steam, it will be the way to go in the future
To Retrieve Steam Keys from DCSW:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...3&postcount=91
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro

Tags
activation, licensing, serial, steam