Wingman AI (cluster bombs single vs pairs)

Greyman

I have just flown a single mission and when i asked my wingman to drop a CBU105 onto just 2 armoured cars, he dropped 2. As there doesn't appear to be an option in the radio menu to select the number of bombs he/she should drop, it would appear that he/she thinks "I'll drop a bomb on each of the targets". Whereas this would be great for a normal bomb, it does appear to be a little wasteful for a CBU on closely packed targets.

Is there a way of telling the wingman to use single cbus or anything else that ED might do to the AI to make the AI a little less wasteful?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but i did search the forum, albeit possibly in a male sort of way :)

Edited by Greyman

I don't think there's a way to change this except changing his loadout in the mission planer / editor. I usually don't give them CBUs anyways as the AI's effectivness with CBUs is rather poor. They always set the HOF to it's maximum and so miss their targets far off. If large patterns or colums of vehicles are expected I do the rough work and then call in the wingman in to help me mop up. With precision ammunitions the AI is pretty effective. - If you can make him rolling in hot... AI / Wingmans really need some code polishing!

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

I noticed this behaviour while doing a community created mission called something like "Surrounded!", where you are faced with successive waves of 4-5 vehicles, always with an anti-aircraft presence of some sort. The load out is 4xCBU105 and 4xAGM65D, so the first tactic I tried was to take out the AA with a maverick and then have the wingman take out the rest of the now stationary vehicles with a cluster bomb. As there are more than 4 waves I planned to reverse the roles when I had run out of Mavericks. Unfortunately, with the wingman going OTT with the cluster bombs, he uses them up twice as fast.

It looks like I am going to have to find another way of doing it.

Thanks for your answer.