In VR the In-Cockpit Menus are too far way..

This has bothered me for a while. When in the cockpit in VR, the Radio, Messages, ReArm/Refuel menus seem too far away. If you close each eye, you can see that the two images are much further apart than the cockpit and HUD. This makes the objects appear at a distance.

They are so far apart the they appear further away than the cockpit frame and HUD. But they are drawn on 'top' of the Cockpit and HUD. This makes no sense and makes it hard for my brain to accept. So, I usually see these menus as double-vision because my brain can't make sense of it.

This seems like a bug to me. If in fact these 3D menu objects exist outside the cockpit according to their perspective, this is wrong. :cry:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Do you have an eye prescription? I've never had a problem reading them, certainly no double vision. I can see where that would be troubling.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Yes but I have no problem like this with anything else in vr.

Wish I could figure out how to do a screenshot with both eyes. I think if you would overlay them it is obvious that the menus are placed in 3D space outside of the cockpit.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I dunno man, wish I could help. Maybe open a ticket.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

try playing with IPD in the vr menu

I have not this issue, but try to enable force IPD in the vr menu and set it between 63-70

Hope this helps you. Also in options main menu uncheck the "adjust size of..." I don´t know what else , mine is in spanish :megalol:

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

It doesn't bother me, I just need to focus my eyes on the window and it comes into focus. It feels completely natural to the way our vision really works to me. I do have to use VR Zoom to read it though, the resolution kind of sucks in VR.

Actually I think I had it backwards. I think that the messages are too close. Double vision would indicate that the object is very close and I am focusing past them. Just hold your finger in front of your eye and focus on anything else. It's like the messages are 5 inches in front of you. Or something like that..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Yes that's exactly what it's like, however that feels natural to me. When I look at it to read, I focus my eyes on the chat panel and it comes into view naturally, I just need to use VR Zoom to read it because the res is not so great. I Usually hit Shift+tab to make it go away anyway when I'm not using it to chat. It took a little bit for my brain to accept that what I was seeing there was a box overlayed on top of the cockpit with opacity so I could see through it. At first it looked like the letters behind the cockpit were out of place to me. But that's because they were on top of it and the panel was translucent, then it all came together and now it looks normal to me.

I'll try that next time I'm in VR. In real life I never hold anything 5 inches from my face to read it.

I have tested this mostly in the A10c, and if it were the distance of the cockpit it would be much better. But 5 inches in front of your face is far from the cockpit.

And now Oculus is broken. It failed on an update and so I tried to uninstall it to reinstall it. Now it's not uninstalled, and it's not listed in the list of apps, so I cannot uninstall it. OR Support is stumped. I am starting to think the OR software is a POS after that last update/patch fiasco and now this stupid stuff. Plus they don't support Steam very well. My next VR may not be OR. Anyhow... a little OT..