VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Updated post #471 to reflect the complete set of exposed variables, i.e.:

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} - this string contains the active module name e.g. 'UH-1H' or 'A-10C'

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} - this string contains the active module category, value is either 'Helicopters' or 'Planes'

{TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.dcsversion} - string containing DCS version number

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.vrmode} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.easycomms} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.multiplayer} - value True or False

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

That was quick, great work! Will play with this!

On the note of adding your own

commands to the VA profile.

With the most recent plugin build you can now make use of exposed variables.

With these you can put in place your own logic in the VA profile for applying different keybinds and functions across different modules.

The exposed variables are (EDIT now the complete list):

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} - this string contains the active module name e.g. 'UH-1H' or 'A-10C'

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} - this string contains the active module category, value is either 'Helicopters' or 'Planes'

{TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.dcsversion} - string containing DCS version number

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.vrmode} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.easycomms} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.multiplayer} - value True or False

Pro tip to test, add this to one of your TX press/release commands:

Other -> Advanced -> Write value to the event log and put {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} in the value field.

Have fun :joystick:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

On the Keyword tab you can do an Export and see all of the commands that are in the VIACOM database.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hey AbortedMan

Bogey Dope is part of the 2.5.1 command set.

If you're still on 2.5.0 you may want to update:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3433007&postcount=399

Cheers

Ah thanks, just realized I was on 2.5.0.

Do you have any recommendations on other speech engines? The MS one is giving me an extremely tough time recognizing most commands fluidly.

How do I turn it off?

I have been able to get Voiceattack working again by fixing the mic level.

Yep, good old win 10 mic level issue. So, its now fixed and Voiceattack working.

I have downloaded and installed Vaicom, (2.5.1 something. The latest one) ok so far.

also purchased Chatter pack, ok so far.

Somewhere in the settings, I'm getting hopelessly tangled. Completely tangled. Its not working for me.

I have no issue with the software. There is a faulty connection between my ears.

Having quite a struggle with it, so I'm taking a break from it.

Just running with Voiceattack for a while. However each time I start Voiceattack, no matter what profile I have it load, I get the Chatter in the background?

Question, how do I turn the Chatter OFF?

I have been able to get Voiceattack working again by fixing the mic level.

Yep, good old win 10 mic level issue. So, its now fixed and Voiceattack working.

If you're having issues with mic volume being changed you can use a utility called nircmd and run a .bat file on Windows startup that constantly resets the volume to 97% like I do.

c:\windows\nircmd.exe loop 9999999 500 setsysvolume 63000 default_record

99999999 = how many times to loop the command.

500 = interval in milliseconds that the loop runs.

63000 = the level of mic volume...for some reason it's in this weird format, but it works.

default_record = your default recording device (in Windows).

This command loops every 500ms 9999999 times (which equals about a week). Be careful though, every time you run this command it will create a new instance of nircmd running the same loop over the previous one. You can kill them in task manager by finding "nircmd" and ending the task.

Edited by AbortedMan

"When I Say" Has All The Words

I have just updated to 2.5.1 and the recognition is fantastic. One problem I am having, is when I go into the profile, and select a spoken request, in the line at the top "When I Say" has every word. For example, if I select Request Refuel, I get Abort Takeoff and all other words.

Is there a fix for this or is it part of the profile. If this has been answered before, appreciate a nod to the post.

Cheers

Thanks guys.

@Steve that's because the keywords collection is a multipart command: you can expand/collapse the view by clicking on the symbol that resembles a horizontal line in the lower part of VA edit window.

However the command content itself in the 'when I say' field will not change.

That field's content relates to VAICOM PRO's keyword database and should only be changed following the FINISH steps from the keywords editor (see User Manual).

Catch me on PM if you need more explanation.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I have been using VAICOM for a few weeks now and i'm liking it.

I have a strange problem with the "Select" command, when i try and call up ATC in the Caucasus map they are not responding with a beep.

As a test if i just say the ATC name then voice attack correctly recognises what i have spoken.

However when i include the "Select" command after saying the ATC name (with a brief pause between words) then voice attack just displays gibberish.

Sometimes even though it recognises what i have said i.e."Kolkhi... Select" it still does not transmit my command.

I don't have this problem when using the Nevada map, i just say the airfield name and then say "Select" and can communicate with them no problem.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong ?.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Hey Gunner

Since the Select function works OK (in Nevada) this will be related specifically to your recognition of the Caucasus ATC names.

I'm assuming Instant Select option is not selected in preferences.

As suggestion in VoiceAttack options you can experiment with setting a higher value for Command Weight, i.e. try 90 or higher.

Also if you haven't done so suggest to spend some time with Training Mode, focussing on ATC names and adding words to the speech dictionary if required.

Have a look and let me know how it goes.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

DUDES ABOUT VAICOM PRO

Hello Hollywood

I have two small problems with Vaicom pro:

First, in preferences frame disable the menus of the game but when I start dcs world and use ppt the menu appears on the screen. I must return to re click disable the menu in the game.

Secondly, when I start vaicom pro in the debug log, the vaicom pro 2.5 version appears when I have installed 2.5.1.

Thanks for your help

Hey Gunner

Since the Select function works OK (in Nevada) this will be related specifically to your recognition of the Caucasus ATC names.

I'm assuming Instant Select option is not selected in preferences.

As suggestion in VoiceAttack options you can experiment with setting a higher value for Command Weight, i.e. try 90 or higher.

Also if you haven't done so suggest to spend some time with Training Mode, focussing on ATC names and adding words to the speech dictionary if required.

Have a look and let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply Hollywood.

I spent more time this morning with the Training Mode and also doing the Windows 10 speech recognition exercises.

Anyway i've got it working nicely now by watching exactly what voice attack was seeing/doing in the log.

The trick is all in the timing of speech so i just say the ATC name, wait 0.5 seconds until i see the purple dot "awaiting additional input" line and then say "Select" immediately. VAICOM then transmits my message...... happy days :thumbup:.

Took me about four frustrating hours to figure that out but got there in the end. :pilotfly:

Cheers...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Been flying operation bactria using this and all was going fine with JTACs Playboy and Anvil.

However with Deathstar, despite voice attack recognizing me I kept getting a message

"JTAC recipient does not match currently selected unit" Followed by APC or HMMVW malarky.

Constantly saying

"Deathstar, boar one one - checking in playtime 60 minutes" In a variety of flavours and nuances with some *extra* words thrown in after a while

Just gives me thuds and not understanding, JTAC recipients not matching etc.

Used the mic keys on my keyboard and no problem, Deathstar exists and hes quite happy to natter, except now so much time has gone by there's no more targets, immensely frustrating and can't for the life of me figure it out.

Edited by Sadist_Cain

exposed variables

First, thanks Hollywood for this app which adds to the immersion greatly for me.

I have already used the aircraft type in some VoiceAttack commands of my own to great effect, but can I ask if 'player callsign' is available, or if it's not available can i request that it is added to the list?

Thanks

Tim

Sorry, this might be a silly question.

I got everything to work so far and am just playing around with it. Doing a free flight over Nevada and trying to get vector info form different airfields.

When I call Henderson, for instance, I would say "Henderson request vector" (just like in the manual - easy comms on and no call signs needed)

Voiceattack log tells me (awaiting additional input). What am I missing here?

Thanks guys, and Hollywood. Ive been using VAICOM since early on and I must say, you are a genius. I would have paid way more for the pro license!

//Edit: Tried the same ting with taxi to runway, or request engine start and getting the same message about awaiting additional input

//edit2: I’ve played around with it a tad more and figured out that, if I use the call AFB name before my

Command it gives me the additional input message. If I just use the command “request taxi to runway”, it works fine.

Is it possible that the instand select option somehow interferes with the force NATO call sign or force afb name option?

Log below:

11:02:08 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

11:02:08 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 press'

11:02:08 PM - Listening resumed

11:02:08 PM - Listening resumed

11:02:11 PM - Recognized : 'atc request taxi to run away' (contains 'atc') (Confidence 92)

11:02:11 PM - (awaiting additional input)

11:02:13 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

11:02:13 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'

11:02:13 PM - Listening suspended

11:02:13 PM - Listening suspended

Edited by tribundf

Thanks guys for all the nice comments

@mosqui PM Sent.

@Cain You may need to involve the Select command first: PM sent.

@Gunner Great, thanks for updating.

@t1mb0b Happy to look into it. I am curious though: why would you send different commands depending on player callsign?

@tribundf Looks like you need to observe the 0,5 sec micropause between recipient and command, see page 15 of the manual.

Have a look at post #497 by Gunnergolly and try take it from there, PM me if more help needed.

@Baracuda The Hornet, hm, dunno... do you think people would be interested in that? :D

Support for the FA-18C is already pre-baked in the plugin and it should (disclaimer) work from Day One.

Groeten terug!

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Not sure if this has been done before but when using Nevada map, I call ground crew and all recognised, but if I request startup, takeoff etc I get no reply.

I did a test on New Caucasus and evrything works great. Is it the Nevada map that is causing problems with Viacom Pro?