DCS Ideas and irritating things

MKLele

Hi guys! First of all I would like you to excuse my poor English - I’m a huge fan of DCS and I’ve been playing it since about 2013. Through my whole very positive experience I found some steps that could make my favorite sim/game even better. Remember – those are my opinions! I will split it into sections so you guys could refer to it more easily.

1. Modules

1.1 Aircraft Modules that would make this game even better

1.1.1 Easy to create(/change)

1.1.1.1 DCS:AV-8B+

I know that RAZBAM is working hard on their AV-8B N/A but I could even give them another 20$ for a AV-8B Plus. This aircraft in my opinion would be a very good fighter in the DCS. For those of you who don’t know – AV-8B+ featured a AN/APG-65 radar (which is very similar to that being modeled to DCS:F/A-18C) replacing the FLIR on the nose. It added capability of using AIM-120s. I really hope that after releasing the Hornet RAZBAM will come back to that idea.

1.1.1.2 DCS:MiG-21F

It would be aircraft “connecting” an upcoming DCS:MiG-19 and DCS:MiG-21Bis.

1.1.2 Not so easy but we would love it (I think)

1.1.2.1 DCS:F-16C

I really hope that the next “big” aircraft to be made for DCS by ED is F-16C. It would be really nice gap filler between F/A-18C and A-10C. My personal favorite version of the F-16Cs are Block 40 and Block 52+ (maybe because I’m polish :D).

1.1.2.2 DCS:F-15E

I think there already was an idea from RAZBAM to make F-15E for DCS. If so I really hope it is still in consideration.

1.1.2.3 DCS:Su-7BKŁ/Su-17

One of those aircraft would be a nice attack/bomber aircraft supplementing MiG-21 in A-G missions.

1.1.2.4 DCS:MiG-23M/MiG-23MLD

This would be a perfect enemy for the upcoming DCS:F-14x.

1.2.1 Terrains

1.2.1.1 Desert Map

We need a good desert map of an location in the Near East but focusing more on Syria or Afghanistan. (I know it was already announced I’m just recalling it :D)

1.3.1 Other modules

1.3.1.1 Already existing

1.3.1.1.1 NS430

That system could be implemented to even more aircrafts besides Mi-8, for example: DCS:L-39, DCS:TF-51 and so on.

1.3.1.2 Non-existent

1.3.1.2.1 DCS:Flaming Cliffs 4

A very nice addition to FC4 would be Su-34. Big bomber with A-A capabilities. And it’s a two seater! Also MiG-29K would be a great addition.

3.1.2.2 DCS:[insert a name of SAM]

You guys know SAM Simulator? Why not implementing a similar system to DCS? It would be much more advanced than DCS:CA.

3.1.2.3 DCS:CGI/DCS:AWACS

I don’t think I have to explain it…

2. Other things

2.1 Models

Cmon guys it's DCS 2.5 - why for example Buk have so beautiful model and S-300 have crappy Ka-50 era low res blocks. (I'm not even touching the Ziu-9 and Ikarus 280 :D)

2.2 Assets of particular countries

As a Pole i would like to thank DCS team for making the textures for a Polish F-16s, but thats not enough. Why not making a "Bare metal" or something textures for some aircrafts and giving them to countries that actually use them. For example: in Poland just from DCS asset list i could count at least 20 aircraft, vehicles and so on that aren't available for Poland, like MiG-29A, MiG-29G, Oliver Hazard Perry ship class and other.

Let me know what do you think. Remember these are just ideas - don't treat them like something that has to be done. Thank you for reading this whole post - again please join a discussion about this subject.

Best wishes.

-AV-8B+ has planned by RAZBAM

-F-16C has planned by ED

-NS-430 has planned to add to another helos and aircrafts by BSK

-FC-4 not planned "yet" by ED.

-DCS: "Sam Simulator" actually CA has Sam control over some sams and manpads, unknown if ED confirm plans to a 3D cockpit / hardcore module or similar on vehicles / ships

-DCS: CGI/AWACS, you have test LotATC 4?

-3D models, ED and 3rd parties has a great list of AI 3D new and reworking old models on develop. S-300 and others sams has into the ED plans to update them, and actually has a serie of cold war SAMs and AAA on develop.

I recommended you check the "unofficial" roadmap

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

ED or 3rd parties will eventually pretty much do a some point everything you listed here MisiuBPL, they just need to balance this out with other business commitments, DCS has grown a lot and has many more toys available now.

I would really want the focus back on the whole package again, things like damage modeling / ballistics, the many different AI, missile logic, ATC. I would love to see these things up to the amazing FM level, these things will truly take DCS to that next combat sim level and even more way above all those other sims, I mean the F/A-18 in VR with carrier ops, who in the flight sim world is not going to want to experience that.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link