How do I use LGBs?

Kreye

Hi y'all,

I'm having issues with dropping GBU-12s lately. I do everything as explained by Wags in his video and for some reason the bombs wont track the laser.

The weird thing is that it worked initially and for some reason it stopped working a few days ago.

Whilst flying on the Thru the Inferno server I have pre-set up waypoints, did not tamper with the codes in the DED, do everything as I did it when it was working but the last 8 GBUs I dropped just did not want to track the laser. It also made no difference starting to press the first stage of the trigger to lase earlier or later in the drop... Did anybody experience the same issue so far? Does anybody have an idea?

The second thing i noticed is that imho the brakes are not working properly. Even with anti skid on they easily lock up which of course hinders your actual braking ability. Before the question arises: no, I do not come in too hot for landing and yes, I do aerobraking until it's not possible any more.

Any tips? Is this due to the WIP nature of the Viper?

Any comments and thoughts appreciated!

Try actually going into the DED and set laser code to 1688. I do and mine hits everytime unless I do something silly such as mask the pod, or lase to late.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Hi y'all,

I'm having issues with dropping GBU-12s lately. I do everything as explained by Wags in his video and for some reason the bombs wont track the laser.

The weird thing is that it worked initially and for some reason it stopped working a few days ago.

Whilst flying on the Thru the Inferno server I have pre-set up waypoints, did not tamper with the codes in the DED, do everything as I did it when it was working but the last 8 GBUs I dropped just did not want to track the laser. It also made no difference starting to press the first stage of the trigger to lase earlier or later in the drop... Did anybody experience the same issue so far? Does anybody have an idea?

The second thing i noticed is that imho the brakes are not working properly. Even with anti skid on they easily lock up which of course hinders your actual braking ability. Before the question arises: no, I do not come in too hot for landing and yes, I do aerobraking until it's not possible any more.

Any tips? Is this due to the WIP nature of the Viper?

Any comments and thoughts appreciated!

Did you manually fire the laser with trigger?

Hi i don't have a HOTAS with a 2 stage trigger like the warthog so i bound the laser to the L key on my keyboard.The problem i had after arming the laser was that i thought i just had to press the L binding and it would lase.I was wrong i had to hold down the L button until the bomb hit the target.The L in the TGP screen will flash while holding it down telling you that it's lasing.Hope this helps.Good luck.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Hey guys,

I'm completely aware that I have to keep holding the trigger and keep lasing for the bomb. To me it looks more like the bomb never tracks in the first place... It's so weird because it worked when i first tried it and now I'm still doing the same thing with a completely fatal result...

Thanks anyways for trying to help me out. :)

• ED Team

Please post a short track replay showing the issue and we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey guys,

I'm completely aware that I have to keep holding the trigger and keep lasing for the bomb. To me it looks more like the bomb never tracks in the first place... It's so weird because it worked when i first tried it and now I'm still doing the same thing with a completely fatal result...

Thanks anyways for trying to help me out. :)

In real life continues lasing would.make the bomb fall short.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I experienced a lot of times this problem. I drop some GBU's and it's working fine, but sometimes the rest of your loadout won't track the laser, I tested it on a private server and we saw the bombs disapear with no impact on the ground, no "hole" caused by an unarmed GBU! Very strange.

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

I personally drop gbu-12s all the time. Even with 10's at the same time. Haven't missed yet. Personally. But I been setting the laser code every time on the TGP. By going into LIST on the UFC, 0 to go into the MISC page. Then 5 to set the laser code to 1688. Due to to the fact all GBU's at this moment are set to 1688, which can not be changed. but you can change the code on the TGP. But like I said I haven't had any issues with the TGP. So take my experience with it with a grain of salt. Hope this helps anyone looking to use the TGP who doesn't understand how to set the laser code. Maybe bombing will be better for you. :)

The F16 use the laser code 1687 on the TTI server, so you need to set the TGP to 1687 to use GBU on the TTI server.

Makempay, the GBU use what ever code is set in the Mission editor and not always 1688 if changed inside the mission editor

Are you releasing correctly, ie centered on the CCRP line, releasing on time etc? The only times where my GBU-12s will miss is because of pilot error, either an off-axis release or releasing too late or too low etc

Anyway, post a track so we can see what's the issue

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

How do I use LGBs?

Hi,

I know the TGP is not really ready yet but in this clip:

He does hit the target.

I have laser ON

Master ARM ON

CCRP

Point track

Laset freq. 1688

I laser manually before impact

No clouds

and i a still miss.

Any ideas or is it simply not ready yet?

Maybe too low for bomb to correct its flypath?

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

no - i always get it right in the 'other' sim

A fact that is completely irrelevant. That being said I just dropped 10 GBU-12s...One at a time...from 15,000 feet and had 10 hits. I'd suggest checking your mappings to make sure your leasing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Defaulting to 1688 you can drop 6 out of 6 dead on in a mission created in the ME. If you are on a server, the mission may have the laser code set differently for that server, so you need to adjust the TGP laser code through the ICp, (assuming that that been implemented to take something besides 1688). Testing from over 20,000 the 12's appear to not catch the laser until at 16,500 to 15,000 feet, F6 to view the bomb descent and you can definitely tell when it catches the laser by the change in trajectory.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Remember:

"Laser on" does not mean that you are lasing

You still have to press the trigger and hold the trigger to fire the laser...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas