[NO BUG] CCIP Bomb Fall Line horizontal

JayRoo

I currently have another bug thread out regarding navigation and ins issues, but I don't know if this one is related so i'm making a separate post.

Master Arm on

air to ground on

select a Mk82 for example

mode and fuzing set up

example of what I see:

when in straight and level flight, the bomb fall line extends from the bottom of my velocity vector straight horizontal to the left and parallel to the horizon line.

any thoughts? thanks in advance!

I had the same issue, in the Hornet battle group delta campaign, before the last patch.

I'm pretty sure I had aligned the INS correctly, map and navigation directions were functioning well. No idea if the issue is related to the mission date.

I had Mk-83s, set for CCIP, nose MFuz, inst Efuz and single bomb release.

I have noticed this too in a mission (Hornet over PG, based on Mbot's dynamic campaign, I believe it was) whose date was set to the late 90s or early 2000s. After I opened the mission in the mission editor, changed the date to 2019, and re-saved it, the issue was gone.

I'm not sure if it was the act of simply re-saving the mission, or if changing the date was the fix. Not sure if that's related, but worth checking.

[sOLVED] thank you for the suggestion NoJoe. The mission was set in 1989 and i emptied the description, changed the date and the time of day just to be sure and saved it as a new name and it worked. Super weird. Thank you for taking the time to post. It worked this time. Thanks!

It's probably because you didn't perform a proper INS alignment, because in missions with date prior 1994 GPS is missing which requires some manual input for a proper INS alignment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg