VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@GCBraun https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4178963&postcount=3795

Apppears more an MS Windows problem than anything else: try closing background apps, also you could try to reset the window by removing the Config subfolder.

@Tusker That's in AIRIO settings on the EX tab.

Suggestion for all users in general to re-confirm that the keys/buttons used for TX press/release are of the press-and-hold variety and correctly configured in the VA profile.

If needed, test with the included new VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap profile, export via Config tab.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Viacom appears to have COMPLETELY stopped working for me since the last update...

Any & all voice commands are met with

"Command xxxx is currently disabled for this session and was not executed"

I've deleted all the appropriate "Start/Stop Voice attack listening commands from TX1 -4 PTTs

And reset the .lua

Not sure what else I can do?

Airbag_signatur.png

Got it. I don't have a RIO, so I didn't see it. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

i9 9900K | Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB | 64 GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD | 850 Watt Power Supply with Liquid Cooling | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip | TPR Pendular Rudders | Warthog Dual Throttles | Track IR5 | Foxx Mounts Stick and Throttle | Massdrop AKG K7XX w SBX G6 DAC | Corsair K70 RGB Platinum | G903 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse | Acer XR382CQK

Ok we'll have a look to see what we can reproduce.

Can you test with other modules and test with changing your Release Hot setting.

For the F14 can you play with your ICS Hotmic setting.

EDIT the log suggests the TX key is released too soon: I'm assuming you are holding it until command finishes.

Cheers

I was having the same issue, but then saw this comment. and sure enough im releasing the button early. what changed in the last update that makes me have to hold the button longer that i did before?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it does not work for me (tried both, with AIRIO enabled and disabled)

I know from private message exchanges that Hollywood is working on the problem. I guess we'll have to be patient. You might try reverting to an older version for now.

Viacom appears to have COMPLETELY stopped working for me since the last update...

Any & all voice commands are met with

"Command xxxx is currently disabled for this session and was not executed"

I've deleted all the appropriate "Start/Stop Voice attack listening commands from TX1 -4 PTTs

And reset the .lua

Not sure what else I can do?

I have the same issue - nothing is working (Command 'request rearming' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.) - I have also deleted all "Start/Stop Voice attack listening commands from TX1 -4 PTTs And reset the .lua

It clearly gets the command but is as if it's being stopped by some permission in the mission session?

I have the same issue - nothing is working (Command 'request rearming' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.) - I have also deleted all "Start/Stop Voice attack listening commands from TX1 -4 PTTs And reset the .lua

It clearly gets the command but is as if it's being stopped by some permission in the mission session?

Look at my comment above, for some reason i have to hold the mic button down longer to make it execute

I know from private message exchanges that Hollywood is working on the problem. I guess we'll have to be patient. You might try reverting to an older version for now.

Interesting find from GLUTIUS MAXIMUS. Holding the PTT down for a while after the command solves the issue for me. Thanks. Looking forward for the fix.

Yup, that works. If you hold the PTT down longer after the command, the game executes the command.

Problem now is that if I say "Options" and hold the PTT down longer, as the options menu will appear on the screen, but will disappear as soon as I release the PTT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

i9 9900K | Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB | 64 GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD | 850 Watt Power Supply with Liquid Cooling | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip | TPR Pendular Rudders | Warthog Dual Throttles | Track IR5 | Foxx Mounts Stick and Throttle | Massdrop AKG K7XX w SBX G6 DAC | Corsair K70 RGB Platinum | G903 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse | Acer XR382CQK

@PingPongChampeen To open the configuration window, the VAICOM PRO for DCS World profile must be active.

@PeneCruz That is by Microsoft recognition engine itself: you could add the word to speech dictionary.

@overalien OACS speech volume also refers to DCS volume sliders, perhaps those for 50% levels.

@GCBraun This may be of help https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2349.0

@lxsapper Thanks for flagging, we'll have a look a that Countermeasures command.

Hi @Hollywood_315

I did some more testing. When reverting back to two versions prior to the current VAICOM version, AOCS audio works perfectly, as soon as I update to the VAICOM Version prior to today's release, AOCS Audio is muted and nothing I do (including DCS Volume, full reinstall Voice Attack, VAICOM, checkng MS TTS) makes any difference. THe behaviour stays the same after todays VAICOM update, even when radio is tuned to Crystal Palace.

To verify MS TTS, (while using the latest Version of Voice Attack and VAICOM) I created a command to test TTS from VA. The TTS audio works perfectly using this test command, but AOCS stays mute. I am stumped.... If it's any help, my DCS audio redirect options do not recognize any audio devices on my machine and stay blank when i select any drop downs. Could there be some issue here maybe? before I updated VAICOM all was working 100% though - i never had any funny problems with redirected audio from DCS and I never changed anything there anyway. So I am still suspecting a bug in VAICOM.

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Interesting find from GLUTIUS MAXIMUS. Holding the PTT down for a while after the command solves the issue for me. Thanks. Looking forward for the fix.

can confirm, I have same behaviour. have to hold the PTT until the "beep"

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hi all,

Im having an issue with viacom pro using the AOCS function. The viacom window recognizes my inquiry and command and displays the response in the viacom window but nothing is happening in dcs. All other commands seem to function fine. For example; Crystal Palace interrogate will give me the BRA, Freq and call sign in the voiceattack window with no response in DCS. I reset all in Voiceattack, Repaired DCS, STILL NO LUCK. Anyone else have this issue or any idea how to fix it?

I am also seeing this issue. I read a possible solution that worked for someone else regarding setting the coms to their default volume and checking the speech recognition voice, etc., but none of that worked for me.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? Thanks!

The Gratuitous Showing Off Part

MB: MSI Z370 GAMING M5

CPU: Intel I7-8700 3.7ghz o/c to 5.0

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 4266

HDD: Mix of SSDs (Samsung) and Standard

Video Card: MSI 1080-Ti Gaming X

O/S: Windows 10-64 bit

Controllers

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals

VR System

Oculus Rift S

@overalien I haven't been able to reproduce this so far but will see what we can dig up.

No redirect devices could be a hint, suggest to have Redirect off to test.

In VA options there is a 'Single TTS Instance' setting, suggest to try playing with it.

@all - thanks I will check the release delay thing.

It is good practice in general to hold PTT until the command is executed.

Still this will have changed slightly with the plugin now controlling listen states and it sounds like this may need some more tolerance.

Will be looked into.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@overalien I haven't been able to reproduce this so far but will see what we can dig up.

No redirect devices could be a hint, suggest to have Redirect off to test.

In VA options there is a 'Single TTS Instance' setting, suggest to try playing with it.

@all - thanks I will check the release delay thing.

It is good practice in general to hold PTT until the command is executed.

Still this will have changed slightly with the plugin now controlling listen states and it sounds like this may need some more tolerance.

Will be looked into.

This somewhat goes with your find in my log file.

On both the update and the hofix I cant seem to contact any tanker. I can say "Tanker options" and select the contact, but if I say "shell request rejoin" then it returns "flight rejoin" in the subtitles and the tanker doesn't prepare for refueling. I'm new to vaicom so I might be doing something wrong. I did get the radio manual programming to work though. I can contact my wingman just fine, and when I say it into Voice attack without DCS running is shows the correct contact (Shell)

-I'm no longer in game- but see the command is Aproaching for refuel - even though I'm sure it worked the other way before the update. I'll check again later when I can again.

Edited by ricktoberfest
more info

Stupid question. How do I update to the hot fix?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

Hi, i have two problems:

1. after latest update i have this error (in attachment) when opening editor tab and clicking on Finish button? How to fix?

2. i dont use instant select radio, but use Select tunes radio, and i have easy comms off - when i say select tanker, or select stennis, nothing happens - i tried using com1 and com2 tx buttons, and also ICS tx button but all the same..How can i get jester to tunes radio on select stennis command? Do i have to press only ICS TX button or if other - which one of TX buttons ? I tried all but it doesnt work

2a.For example "link host stennis" works all the time

3.How to install hotfix?

1.jpg.02f4211832bdde5480e657e8e6116ca1.jpg

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Well that is some super effective and super fast support! On a Saturday night too...above and beyond!

6pm Flew mission...no viacom...came on forums...reported it...saw others had same issue...

Made macaroni Cheese...watched 6 Underground...checked forums...holy sh*t a hotfix already!!!

Working great now...thanks Hollywood!

Airbag_signatur.png