Huey Skinning

Mike Busutil

I am working on a new Huey skin and would love to be able to edit the low res white fabric panels in the rear of the heli. Can someone point me to the correct file location if this is possible? I have had no luck finding it. Thank you.

Ae0C5yt.png

Edited by Mike Busutil

Another question for anyone that can help...

I took the uh1_int.dds file, converted it to a bmp file and edited it in Photoshop. I then saved it as a bmp and converted it back to a dds file.

Where is the correct location I need to place this new file?

I thought I could put it directly in my livery folder and edit the description file but that did not work.

I made a new line in the description.lua file that reads {"uh1_int", 0, "uh1_int", false};

Edited by Mike Busutil

• 2 weeks later...

For the stable version:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h

For the Open Beta version:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h

Make sure your skin folder is not in another folder that is inside of your livery's folder. Meaning DCS will look in the uh-1h folder to see your skin folders. If you click into your skin folder you should only see your dds files and a lua file, not another folder that contains your skin files.

For the stable version:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h

For the Open Beta version:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Liveries\uh-1h

Make sure your skin folder is not in another folder that is inside of your livery's folder. Meaning DCS will look in the uh-1h folder to see your skin folders. If you click into your skin folder you should only see your dds files and a lua file, not another folder that contains your skin files.

Thanks. Where do I install your interior directory for the black interior? Same directory?

That is in the instructions at the download link.

To install the Black interior into the stable version:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Textures and replace the "uh-1.zip" folder with the one found in the "Black interior" folder.

To install the Black interior into the Open Beta version:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures and replace the "uh-1.zip" folder with the one found in the "Black interior" folder.

That is in the instructions at the download link.

To install the Black interior into the stable version:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Textures and replace the "uh-1.zip" folder with the one found in the "Black interior" folder.

To install the Black interior into the Open Beta version:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures and replace the "uh-1.zip" folder with the one found in the "Black interior" folder.

Thanks again! I'll give it a try

• 8 months later...

This has been complete for awhile but I wanted to update this thread.

The updated black cockpit is complete and now part of each of my Huey skins.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/add.php?CREATED_BY=Mike%20Busutil&set_filter=Y&PAGEN_1=4

I am currently building a new PC and when it's complete I plan to update the interior skins again to an even higher resolution.

Screen_200113_115501.thumb.jpg.618cc9b1c512d93464fc17e23f203b3d.jpg

Screen_200109_093938.thumb.jpg.e72cac5372de9bc4e96b21936f3fdf9c.jpg

Screen_200108_133103.thumb.jpg.ce666a099336c5b137682ea4592d6700.jpg

This has been complete for awhile but I wanted to update this thread.

The updated black cockpit is complete and now part of each of my Huey skins.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/add.php?CREATED_BY=Mike%20Busutil&set_filter=Y&PAGEN_1=4

I am currently building a new PC and when it's complete I plan to update the interior skins again to an even higher resolution.

Nice work with this texture.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I've put a huey skin together, but for some reason my door gunner texture is missing. Can't find where it should be referencing.. Pilots are fine though

488095949_Screenshot2020-10-21124020.thumb.png.8f845f3836e485630ac55f1220d07889.png

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

• 2 weeks later...