KIF

Johnny Dioxin

I took a break for a few months - am now in the process of relearning stuff and I have no idea how I left things with the KIF utility.

I know I got some requests for access and also some for the F-15C checklists and I see that all my kneeboard folders on Google Drive have been shared with someone - or the public, or just those with a link, I really don't know for sure.

With that in mind, I decided to make the KIF folder available here - this is not open to the public, just to those who have the link, which is why I have put it in a text file as an attachment to this post.

This is my own reference stuff - so there are not only the guide pictures, but text documents and in one or two cases screenshots from that module's manual.

Please bear that in mind when using these files. This is the state of things from January, i think - and the data may or may not get added to or updated. Like I said, these are the files I use myself, so if I edit or update them for my own use, you will have access to those updates and edits as and when I do them.

As always, the Viggen kneeboard is for external reference only and can't be just dumped into the Kneeboard folder like with the other modules.

All the pictures are jpeg format to save on size.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks for sharing :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 6 months later...

Very nice ... a man after my own heart... thanks for sharing everything - great reference material for everyone

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It's a long time since I did any new KIF files. I will be checking through everything to check it's up to date and changing as necessary. I understand changes are afoot as far as kneeboards are concerned, so I'm reluctant to dive back in and do new material, as yet.

However, as long as the current system remains, I'll do a folder for the F-16C after EA release.

Luckily, I've read the F-16 operational manuals many times over recent years, so shouldn't be a problem to get something done.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 4 months later...

Please note that the C-101 kneeboard pictorial start-up guide, whilst not technically accurate, still works for both aircraft (EB and CC)with a couple of caveats:

Instead of using the custom key to bring the GPU to the aircraft, use the comms menu to request ground power, as with other modules.

The idle throttle setting button is halfway up the front of the throttle grip (the picture points to the base).

These are pretty simple things and not a problem for anyone with a modicum of common sense and prior use of DCS modules, so I won't be changing it until I redo the whole procedure. As I'm busy with campaign translations, research and website expansion, I won't have time for that in the near future.

I'm checking all of the older procedures as time permits, and I'll post about any other differences I come across. If the differences are major, I'll make time to redo the relevant guide.

Kneeboard Guides