Struggling with Reverb

Jarhead0331

I'm looking for some advice on making the transition over to the Reverb. I've been using a Rift-S and have been satisfied with it as a VR platform, but was urged to pick up a Reverb due to all the high praise on clarity.

So far, I do notice some positive difference, but I can't say I am "blown away" like many others seem to be when switching over. Hopefully, this is just a settings issue. I've gone through the recommendations from Thud's page, but might be missing something.

Basically, some of the cockpit gauges and dials still blur at times. If I push the headset down on my nose, clarity improves. Is it just a simple matter of not wearing the headset properly? Also, at times, I notice some kind of a peculiar "pulsing" type stutter. I'm not really sure what could be causing that...

Any suggestions on making the transition to this new platform smoother would be appreciated. I'm close to just going back to the Rift-S, which was enjoyable and trouble free.

Sweet spot on the reverb is small. Even worse if your IPD is near the edge of its range. So center clarity should be good, but if you glance L/R/U/D it will look blurry the further from center you are.

Pulsing/Stutter. Could be tracking? You need a really well lit room with contrast for good tracking. Otherwise sometimes the displays are known to crap out.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sweet spot on the reverb is small. Even worse if your IPD is near the edge of its range. So center clarity should be good, but if you glance L/R/U/D it will look blurry the further from center you are.

Pulsing/Stutter. Could be tracking? You need a really well lit room with contrast for good tracking. Otherwise sometimes the displays are known to crap out.

Thanks for bringing up IPD...it is a subject I do not know much about. Do I need to actually measure my own personal IPD and then input that setting? Right now it is set for 63.5, but I have no idea if that is what it should be.

Thanks.

Thanks for bringing up IPD...it is a subject I do not know much about. Do I need to actually measure my own personal IPD and then input that setting? Right now it is set for 63.5, but I have no idea if that is what it should be.

Thanks.

Not in DCS, IPD setting is more of a world scale setting. If your plane seems small, increase in game IPD and vice versa.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks.

Yeah, its best if you know it, there are some phone apps that can do it for you or mirror and ruler neither are uber accurate imo.

There are 2 places to change it.

In WMR which will move the actual IPD "sort-of" I would try some different settings here, moving by 1mm steps to see if it helps or if you measure your IPD start around that and move it around.

And DCS IPD which is basically a world scale setting as Don said. Think of it as the world will look like this to someone this this IPD setting. But the best thing to do is sit in a cockpit and adjust it until the flight stick "looks" scaled right. Also realize that for whatever bizzare reason some planes need different IPD settings than others. (Viper is one of em).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).