[NOT BUG] Center tank stays red in SMS after rearm/reload

MrDieing

Good afternoon.

If you damage your center fuel tank, it goes red in the SMS.

I landed, rearmed my weapons and removed the fuel tank. Waited for rearming to finish. Then rearmed again and added fuel tank again to be sure its a full one (I dont trust DCS to refuel my tank :P ) After updating the DTC, inserting and loading it again, the fuel tank is still red in the SMS.

Edited by uboats

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

When you see a load out symbol becomes red, it more means the station is broken. You need a repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 4 months later...

Shouldn't the station be unbreakable when flying with the correct g-load-limiter switch setting?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Shouldn't the station be unbreakable when flying with the correct g-load-limiter switch setting?

G limiter only protect airframe not stores/pylons. So max G under limiter may still break something on the pylon, especially with AG1.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

This is almost certainly a bug.

I re-armed in MP with undamaged pylons but decided to update/load the weapons manually without updating the DTC via ground crew. I didn't change weapon types, just grabbed new ones to replace the ones that had already been fired. Upon re-arming, all my LD-10 and CM-802AKG pylons changed from green to red. Despite this, both weapons powered up correctly and started aligning after updating the SMS manually.

Rather than taking the risk of flying with red pylons and having a problem, I decided to just update the DTC via ground crew and VOILA... the stations were green again. No repairing or additional re-arming. I don't remember the max-G for the sortie before re-arming, but it wasn't more than about 5.0 G.

This never happened before the 47224 patch.

So AG2 will allow less G than AG1, right?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

So AG2 will allow less G than AG1, right?

You can use it if you are okay with the config warning and pressing master caution.

This behavior is identical on the Viper to note, no G protection of anything hanging off the wing

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

This is almost certainly a bug.

I re-armed in MP with undamaged pylons but decided to update/load the weapons manually without updating the DTC via ground crew. I didn't change weapon types, just grabbed new ones to replace the ones that had already been fired. Upon re-arming, all my LD-10 and CM-802AKG pylons changed from green to red. Despite this, both weapons powered up correctly and started aligning after updating the SMS manually.

Rather than taking the risk of flying with red pylons and having a problem, I decided to just update the DTC via ground crew and VOILA... the stations were green again. No repairing or additional re-arming. I don't remember the max-G for the sortie before re-arming, but it wasn't more than about 5.0 G.

This never happened before the 47224 patch.

Red pylons means either the station is damaged or the payload configuration in SMS dismatch what you have actually loaded. I think you met the second one.

Upon reload you should reseting the SMS by loading in new DTC profiles or manually select the payload of the station and input the quantity.

You can use it if you are okay with the config warning and pressing master caution.

This behavior is identical on the Viper to note, no G protection of anything hanging off the wing

that still didn't answer my question about which of the two AG-switch-settings allows more G forces to be pulled.....

Nvm, just tested myself, for all of you who didn't know yet:

AG1 - 6.0G

AG2 - 5.0G

Have fun not destroying your center-fuel tank at AG2! :)

That's strange then, that there's no config alarm with center-fueltank equipped in AG1 setting, or not, Fox/Deka?

Centeral tank have a G limit of 5.5G which is just not covered by AG1. And AG2 config checks for the wing tanks.

But this is how it is, like the F-16 CATIII can still pull 9G and destory all this AG weapon pylon and fuel tanks, and it is still the only CAT III F-16 have.

And AG2 config checks for the wing tanks.

oh ok!

the F-16 CATIII can still pull 9G

Wow I just tested, I manage to even pull 9.9G in DCS F-16 in CAT III setting, but only 8-9G in CAT I setting xD

• 2 weeks later...
Nvm, just tested myself, for all of you who didn't know yet:

AG1 - 6.0G

AG2 - 5.0G

Have fun not destroying your center-fuel tank at AG2! :)

That's strange then, that there's no config alarm with center-fueltank equipped in AG1 setting, or not, Fox/Deka?

New bug? Apparently it's possible to get to pull 6.8G in multiplayer with switch in A2G and AG1..... (don't ask me how, but I broke both my AKG wingstations..... track file way too big to be useful, sorry)

Or use AG2 setting with AKG missiles?

unknown.png

"assymetric G" ? Shouldn't the FCS detect that?

"assymetric G" ? Shouldn't the FCS detect that?

No, why would it? Also the FBW is pitch-channel only.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

There is nothing stopping you moving the ailerons all the way at full limiter as long as you have HYD-1:D

whats so funny about this? Dont we all have "HYD-1" always on?

ah so there are no Gforce sensors in the wings, I see!

ah so there are no Gforce sensors in the wings, I see!

It wouldn’t matter anyways, FBW only controls pitch!!!

Roll and ailerons are CAS(you know like anything before FBW, Mig-29 F-15 A-10) not FBW, computer can “augment” them but not fully control becuase they they are ATTACHED to your stick and pedals, and don’t care if you move them in any flight condition, it will not stop you from assymetric G loading and your wings will come off if you push it

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

There’s a reason these planes don’t stop you from breaking the wings off, becuase this is pre FBW technology where surfaces are connected to controls physically and whatever G is measured no matter if there are sensors on the wing are going to stop that control surface from moving.

You don’t see this in F-18/F-16 as much I’m sure becuase they are FBW on all 3 axis, the configuration of flight controls on JF-17 is similar to Su-27S, conventional controls everywhere except pitch, which is the ONLY FBW component of the flight control system, and only interacts with your ailerons by repeating their actions for additional roll authority.

In a mechanical system is forced a certain way becuase your hand is controlling it assisted by hydraulics, then how is a computer going to stop that other then “dampening” it through the limited authority of the trim system? And trim systems have limits, this can be a plus for a certain people. In JF-17 and Su-27S, you may be voting for control of pitch but YOU are the one in control of aileron and rudder

C3813BC0-CE68-4675-9C81-F5410261EEF6.jpeg.a920ce6cf2d935875af0a581acdb00a7.jpeg

C98F7327-510C-4E78-AB2E-A6711646774F.thumb.png.83fa2561e3ed4410304e64f9c6a11da2.png

69EB06B8-075B-42B4-A9B5-44201B9CBEB3.jpeg.087a1b6a20b92cb9232cbdc2d3b3722b.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Well the only military "CAS" I knew is Close Air Support, sorry. Ah, that's great then that western aircraft have 3-axis FBW!

Edited by DanielNL

I think its Controls Augmentation System (Maybe I'm confused with SAS)

But your issues with the AKG are simple, if you pull up with your stick, it should be fine, the moment you pull your stick, and use ailerons, that's not right, and you will break the pylons.

And it's the same with the Center fuel tank, you can use AG/1 without problem, but don't combine full pull up and roll at the same time, or you will broke it!!

Also, referring to your last post, the F18/16 are better for having FBW on 3-axis FBW? Not for me atleast, I experience a quicker reaction with the CAS than with the FBW, so I will prefer the JF-17 in terms of control surfaces than others.

don't combine full pull up and roll at the same time, or you will broke it!!

I hope all real JF-17 pilots around the world are being told this... I don't want a loaded JF-17 to fly over my area... don't wanna get hit by ripped off fueltanks or similar :lol: