Please fix ground unit pathfinding / performance

Sapper31

So I play a lot on Hoggit, and they just removed the ability to command ground units around from the F-10 map because the combined arms AI pathfinding apparently lags the server very badly.

I enjoy flying the Huey and Mi-8, and using the CTLD scripts to create and assemble friendly ground units makes these helicopters relevant in a larger battlefield. Removing the ability to do this now makes the transport helicopters basically useless.

Is there any way that path finding can be optimized as to not tank MP servers performance wise? Apparently CA is a low priority but since many servers do this dynamic PVE environment, and use the CTLD scripting, fixing this would benefit the whole community.

PLEASE ED!

I'm hoping this will come with the new engine with the vulkan api added to it.

If this is the case it wont be real soon I'm guessing.

The way to fix this for now is to make sure the guy's using it stay on the roads as much as possible.

The mouse cursor turns green when you click a road. Max say 20 miles at a time.

Once inside 10 miles go off road and limit movement to a few clicks only out to about 2 miles max. Don't spam click. Each click is a new full path calculation.

Make sure there are no 50 mile off road way points. That has to be plotted by the pc and kills a sever.

It's better to limit access to the commander spots. Like the DDCS server, I.E You have to know what your doing and not crash the server.

If you can do that, you can have huge battles. I've been in battles 4 vs 4 commanders driving tanks and sam's + 15 to 20 aircraft all fighting no problems.

It was on a PC server like my build + gigabit fiber.

The pictures are only showing the Red side units.

Screen_190601_204640.thumb.jpg.d4a1c2bf0416da010d52987063f2a77c.jpg

Screen_190604_205658.thumb.jpg.dc22864984e2fbc95b412a6241d2f52b.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

The AI pathfinding is incredibly bad right now. We did a mission on Wednesday evening and I had four groups of armor columns going along the roads for the majority of their routes and the warping was so bad it made the scenario pretty much unplayable. I'm voicing my concern on this because when you are building missions that you want to have interesting and believable events happening, it pretty much requires having units moving on the ground. But this is almost impossible currently. I'm running it on a fairly fast system with 32GB of ram and the 3d disabled and it still turns into a mess. Please do something to fix this problem because having objects just sitting still is boring and we would like to be able to build missions like in past years with tanks and other vehicles moving around.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The AI pathfinding is incredibly bad right now. We did a mission on Wednesday evening and I had four groups of armor columns going along the roads for the majority of their routes and the warping was so bad it made the scenario pretty much unplayable. I'm voicing my concern on this because when you are building missions that you want to have interesting and believable events happening, it pretty much requires having units moving on the ground. But this is almost impossible currently. I'm running it on a fairly fast system with 32GB of ram and the 3d disabled and it still turns into a mess. Please do something to fix this problem because having objects just sitting still is boring and we would like to be able to build missions like in past years with tanks and other vehicles moving around.

Reminds me of another point too.

Make sure that everyone in Tac command has a decent stable connection to the server (Stable not ping), it seems to only take one in tac (Driving or not) to start the lag warping. If it stays bad get everyone in Tac to disconnect and reconnect to stabilize the syncing again.

I guess this needs a bit more work on ED's side to buffer this out when there is an unstable connection between clients / server.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link