DCS Civilian Mods

Joe_rowe

I am working on a new helicopter for X-Plane and it takes all of my time. When I have more time I will come back to this MOD and fix if I can.

Hello,

I hope you are doing fine, tough I see that it's been several months since your last visit to the Forum.

I'm engaged on editing a few missions for the I-16 set at Normandy, and found that the airfields on this Map have no lights at the runways :(

Looking for a workaround, I tried to use the lights that you provide on this Pack and they do work nicely when I'm near them .. but at a longer distance they dissapear, for example here I can only see the lights on half of the runway, the far end lights cant be seen:

iyobwFn.jpg

Please, if you return to this Mod, can you increase the lights range?

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

was wondering if someone could help me out? I know how to add objects in ME but, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I unpack and place the main folder "civil_objects", into my

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech folder and still I can't access the objects from ME. I have checked in every category multiple times but nothing. I really want to build some missions and use this pack but am having no luck. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanx

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

was wondering if someone could help me out? I know how to add objects in ME but, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I unpack and place the main folder "civil_objects", into my

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech folder and still I can't access the objects from ME. I have checked in every category multiple times but nothing. I really want to build some missions and use this pack but am having no luck. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanx

You are doing the right thing, do you have multiple installs of DCS?

Check that the name of the folder in saved games matches the name in the file called "dcs_variant.txt" in the main game install directory.

HTH

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

You are doing the right thing, do you have multiple installs of DCS?

Check that the name of the folder in saved games matches the name in the file called "dcs_variant.txt" in the main game install directory.

HTH

Thanx for the help Ben, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just cleaned out the mods/tech folder, unpacked the downloaded objects again and placed them back in the folder and when I checked ME, they were available this time. So I don't know what was going on, just glad it's fixed.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 1 month later...

Hi

I see the 2.5.6 coming very soon and I'm very afraid that your mod ( and many other mods) willn't work anymore.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I was right to be afraid

This mod now crashes DCS 2.5.6 if used in a mission.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

The reason of crash of the mission is lack of the file:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model\fake_spot_lights.fx

If anybody has the original file from previous version, please let it be attached.

I will try to remove civil_objects when mission editor will open the MIZ file.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

The reason of crash of the mission is lack of the file:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model\fake_spot_lights.fx

If anybody has the original file from previous version, please let it be attached.

I will try to remove civil_objects when mission editor will open the MIZ file.

See attached. Luckily I keep two different copies of the OpenBeta.

fake_spot_lights.zip

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

See attached. Luckily I keep two different copies of the OpenBeta.

Thanks. I will try this this. Meantime I reverted to 2.5.5. and removed Civil_objects and renwed to 2.5.6 again. My old mission still does not load. It is hanged on loading on vanilla 2.5.6.

I will keep you informed.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

Adding the file in

DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\model\fake_spot_lights.fx

changes nothing for me.

The vehicles of the Civil-Objects continue to work in 2.5.6 but the fact of using the buildings and the helipads, is crashing DCS.

Finally I had 2 problems, lack of the file which Ironhand was kind to upload and I had 2 tankers on my mission. One for Blue and one for red. When I removed russian KC-130 mission is loaded.

It was working before.

thanks for uploading the file Ironhand, Have a quite big personal mission. The mission loads well (and can play it) but when I try to open it with the editor this error appears and DCS go to desktop.

https://imgur.com/ckcyTNR

I placed the "fake_spot_lights.fx" at the DCS folder at suggested. Still the same. Please any tip to can fix? Really can be sad for me if I lost many of the missions builded in the past. Thanks!

Update : Kind of fixed it !! Instead of using the file Ironhand kindly upload I copy / paste the actual 2.5.6 "fake_spot_lights2.fx" and rename it like "fake_spot_lights.fx" now the editor loads without the DX11 error and I can "clean" the mission of mod objects (unfortunately cos they were great) I will do that like a temporary fix for can keep editing the mission (will save the full one for future use -hope so-) (btw sorry for my "english") Good luck to all with the old & good pre 2.5.6 mission editing.

Edited by Fercyful

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

I have DCS on my D drive which has the Mods/tech files, not under C drive which has USER/Name/ etc.

I extracted the files to the D drive Mods/Tech and none of the stuff shows up. I am running 2.5.6 - Can you help me sort this out please.