MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

How do you make a virtual monitor ? Do you mean instead of connecting real 2nd monitor you have created virtual monitor via some application. And if yes, which application do you use for creating virtual monitor ?

I dont create a Virtual Monitor, I have MFDs defined in my Monitor Script to be in the bottom right of my left screen and bottom left of my right screen.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have incorrect set up position (x,y) of instruments positions on server part application.

Have you read required steps for installation on my website (http://www.lumatek.sk) ?

I copied the Coordinates and resolutions directly from my Monitor Setup LUA.

Is it mandatory the displays be on a separate screen?

As right now my 3 Screens are Mapped as 1 through Eyefinity Setup.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

but as previously it showes me blured CDU image instead of needed images, so nothing changed yet

Please can you attach screenshot ?

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

How your server application is getting data from the monitor?

It just grab square of screen X,Y, width, height

X and Y is calculated as total, so if you have 1st monitor with resolution of 1920 x 1080 and second monitor with 1024 x 768 and CDU displayed on left right corner of this second monitor coordinates in my server app for CDU will be X=1921 and Y=0

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Is it mandatory the displays be on a separate screen?

I think no, it will be fine to see screenshot

If I understand it right, you have MFCD instrument split between 2 monitors ?

Did anyone find the reason behind the blurred CDU image that shows up on the screen instead of the MFCD/CDU that appears on the second monitor?

I have that problem too.

Everything else seems to work but that.

Also the keymap lua file brings up a HTML document. What file should this be copied to?

Thanks for working on this Colo. It's great that you take time to do this and share it with us.

Also the keymap lua file brings up a HTML document. What file should this be copied to?

Just copy Keyboard.lua (which you downloaded from my website) and replace Keyboard.lua (make backup of it just in case) in directory :

C:\Users\<you>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard\

Nice work Colo!

But I'm also getting the same problem as a few of them. The keys register fine, (I've opened up ports through Windows Firewall) but the screens won't register the mfcd/cdu displays. I have the settings in your .jar file to match what I have in the .lua file for DCS World.

The screens won't show what is displayed in game, but instead show that blurry cdu image on the displays on my tablet.

I'm running the DCSPanelsClient app on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Hi kEnnY_m

can you make a photo (for example with your phone) of that "blurry image" ?

Do you use 2 separate hardware monitors, or do you configure MFCD and CDU to show on one monitor ?

It would be also fine to send me screenshot with settings of DCSserver apps and also your .lua files.

You can send it to my email colo @ pobox.sk

Thank you !

Cheers,

Lubos

Yes, I'm using 2 separate monitors.

This is my .lua file

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2 Monitor');

Description = 'Two monitor configuration';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1763;

y = 66;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2828;

y = 74;

width = 400;

height = 400;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK =

{

x = 1859;

y = 523;

width = 200;

height = 200;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2353;

y = 220;

width = 300;

height = 300;

}

CDU_SCREEN =

{

x = 2849;

y = 511;

width = 356;

height = 270;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

and here are the 2 screenshots.

2014-01-30_18-01-11_zps45394e03.png

DCSPANELS_zps852f51d0.png

make sure the ports are open in your firewalls for the video streaming.

That blurry cdu screen means that pucture is not transmitted at all

From screenshot you have sent is visible that you are using standard ports

13267 for left Mfcd

13268 for right Mfcd

And 13269 for Cdu

You can try to disabnle your firewall for home network for some time and if it will works the problem is firewall

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

DCSpanelsServer BETA 0.8 was wrongly packaged !

If you have downloaded it before 1st of February 2014 please download it again from lumatek.sk website.

This bug causes no screen transmitted to tablet

If you unzip DCSpanelsServer zip package there should be one jar file and one subfolder "lib" with one jar library in it

Sorry for any inconvencies

Cheers,

Lubos

Ports were allowed through Windows Firewall. Buttons register in game from the tablet so they were working fine.

I tried disabling Windows firewall to see if I'd get rid of that blurry cdu picture and get a proper display but I didn't work.

EDIT: Ah, Thanks Colo for the find! it's working now.

Edited by kEnnY_m

Yes, this is a bug.

Currently the screen is transmitted asynchronous at half rate in dual MFCD mode, I have planned to add frame tagging for dual MFCD screens to solve flickering in version 0.9 (if there will be version 0.9 ever).

Thanx for feedback !

Just to clarify things with 2nd HW monitor requirement:

You can play DCS-10C and use my application with just only 1 HW monitor connected to PC if you setup your monitor lua file to display game screen as part of this screen and also MFCDs and/or CDU as another part of this same screen displayed on only one HW monitor.

Your game screen will be smaller and I think this is not very useful, but it is possible.

New video describing full installation process with MFCDs and CDU setup on one HW monitor

you can find it on Youtube:

I bet this is awsome, but isn't there a simpler way just to get the CDU on a tablet? Just to complicated for me even though you have done a tutorial lol.

It's not actually that hard. He just goes through the process of a person that doesn't have Java installed which makes it look long and boring. Honestly, if it weren't for that missing libs folder from the zip file, I probably spent a good 30 minutes on setting it up. Which is pretty reasonable for having to adjust and setup a .lua file to display the MFD.

It's not actually that hard. He just goes through the process of a person that doesn't have Java installed which makes it look long and boring. Honestly, if it weren't for that missing libs folder from the zip file, I probably spent a good 30 minutes on setting it up. Which is pretty reasonable for having to adjust and setup a .lua file to display the MFD.

The problem is what if it screws my game up trying it? How would I get the game back to normal? I just wish it was as easy as drag and drop, just like you do when you drag a webpage onto another screen. I am certainly not silly when it comes to doing things on the Pc, but this has me beat I must say. Also, does the lagg show in the game or just on the android screens?

Edited by Dudester22

The problem is what if it screws my game up trying it? How would I get the game back to normal? I just wish it was as easy as drag and drop, just like you do when you drag a webpage onto another screen. I am certainly not silly when it comes to doing things on the Pc, but this has me beat I must say. Also, does the lagg show in the game or just on the android screens?

This is just my spare time activity, there is also real life with work and family etc... It is very time consuming to just debug and support this simple application, and creating good installer is not as easy as it looks.

The video is 10 minutes long (java installation is 1 minute of the video) and manipulating with only 3 files:

1. creation of new monitor profile - you can delete it - nothing will happen with game

2. overwriting Keyboard.lua - you can delete it, game will recreate it with default settings - nothing will happen with game

3. exporting LUA via CDU_init.lua - if you for some reason want to revert it back just make backup copy of the original file and copy it back

So from user point of view, if you know how to make copy of file and know how to delete files you can revert app config to previous state.

Edited by colo