MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Thanks colo,

My external screen is now split vertically with both of the MFCD's on the bottom and to the left, I have nothing showing on my laptop screen, it's better but I'm not sure if I can fly with this screen setup, plus I have nothing showing on my tablet.

Thankyou very much for doing this for me, it is appreciated.

Shane

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am little confused

Do you mean horizontally instead of vertically ?

Because if you have cockipit above instruments it is horizontal split

So are your monitors set up correctly i.e. one above other and not

one by one (left to right)

It will be fine if you can make screenshot of your windows monitor setup and

send it via PM to me, thanx

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

I am little confused

Do you mean horizontally instead of vertically ?

Because if you have cockipit above instruments it is horizontal split

So are your monitors set up correctly i.e. one above other and not

one by one (left to right)

It will be fine if you can make screenshot of your windows monitor setup and

send it via PM to me, thanx

Sorry Colo, yes horizontally split.

the MFCD's are bottom left and are side by side, not on top of each other.

Also the app on my tablet works but I do not get the MFCD picture that is being shown in the cockpit, and my laptop screen stays the same, ie desktop screensaver.

I was expecting to see the MFCD's on my laptop screen ie the second monitor ???????

Sorry for being a pain in the ass colo :)

I mean to send your Windows monitor configuration i.e. screenshot of window which is displayed after you right-click desktop and click "screen resolution"

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

this is the problem which I mentioned

you have monitors arranged horizontally side by side, not vertically

you must rearrange it - just drag number 1 UNDER 2

so your monitor number 2 will be ABOVE 1

and be careful to drag 1 under 2 that the left side both monitors will be aligned

EDIT: I have noticed that your CDU display is not exported so please copy CDU_init.lua file from this zip archive

http://www.lumatek.sk/CDU_init.zip

to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\CDU\indicator

Edited by colo

Yes you can overwrite that file - CDU_init.lua (And after each DCSworld update it is usually needed to overwrite it again if you use CDU instrument)

Thanks Colo,

I now have the CDU up as well but they are all still horizontally next to each other, they do not want to be dragged and dropped,

I am still seeing nothing on my laptop screen and the Tablet is not doing what it should as in your YT Video. no worries my friend , I shall invest in a proper 2nd monitor

Thankyou for all your time and effort :)

when you right click windows desktop, Screen resolution

you should drag monitors like in attachment

you dont see instruments because config suppose you have monitors one on top of other and because you dont have, black screen is transsmited to tablet

investing in 2d monitor is definitely not necessary

winconfig.png.ccb3aeb0edff5b942c4ad5de8d12f2c9.png

That is cool for cats my friend, could I make the MFCD's / CDU just a little bigger on my laptop screen ??????

My screen is 15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768)/HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD (1920x1080) LED Backlight.

ty for your persistence colo , much appreciated

simplest solution will be (and no file changes necessary):

1. lower your LAPTOP screen resolution to 1366x768 (on desktop by right clicking Screen resolution)

2. start DCSworld and in Options - change Resolution from 1920x1980 to 1920x1848

Hello I have bought Pro version. Nice concept :thumbup:

Only I am getting a lot of delay in refresh on my tablet. Not very smooth when on TGP slew etc.

Any intentions for improving performance, and also will button press be added to this?

Hallo Jester,

thank you for buying pro version !

Regarding delay:

If you have PC not older than 5 years and common tablet with Android > 4.0 then this is usually network related problem - you can check if you have ping < 10ms from your tablet to router and also from PC to router

Regarding keypresses :

Do you mean that if you touch MFCDs buttons on your tablet nothing happened in game MFCDs?

Which OS version do you have on PC ? Is your DCS World installed in standard path or in custom ?

Best,

Colo

Edited by colo

Thanks for reply :thumbup:

I have checked puing from tablet to router and pc to router - seems slow values from 40ms to 150ms :doh: I wonder why this is

And yes when I touched the MFCD buttons on tablet nothing happens. Windows 8.1 professional and DCS installed to custom location

Welcome,

please note that Windows 8 is not officially supported:

http://lumatek.sk/wordpress/?page_id=10 section Requirements & Limitation

but

you can copy this file http://lumatek.sk/Keyboard.diff.lua to your user config directory - in Windows 7 it is here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\keyboard

If it doesn't work you can still map keys manually in game config, required keys are described in Keymappings.pdf which you will find in DCSpanelsPro104 directory on your PC, then keypresses will work

Best,

Colo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New SERVER part DCSpanelsPro 1.0.5 is available,

it fixes bug when using MFCDs on 2 separate Android devices

(after connecting 2nd MFCD 1st MFCD stops working)

You can download it here

No client update on tablet is required, and if you are not using separate Android devices for displaying MFCDs then there is no need to update server part also.

Best,

colo

New SERVER part DCSpanelsPro 1.0.6 is available -

added rotation of MFCDs display by 90 degrees left/right for view only mode (may be useful with physical MFD frames),

has no meaning for classic mode because buttons around picture is not swapped.

You can download it here

No client (tablet) update is required.

Best,

colo