Heatblur Development Update - Thunder & Cat

Cobra847

That get's my vote as best dev response ever, with Eagle7907 given due props for the set-up.

That's quality interwebs at it's best chaps. Good job.

I'd second that especially the 2 weeks comment @ironmike actually made me laugh out loud - brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

+2 for the response from @ironmike :lol:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Heatblur Development Update - Thunder & Cat

Deleted. GIF not working.

I aim to please guys.

Edited by Eagle7907
Non responsive GIF

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hmm,

despite Cobras original announcement about the viggen customers not being second rate citizens, so far update after update comes filled with Tomcat fixes and improvements and still next to nothing for the Viggen .

It‘s ok, still another month to go, but would be nice to see it getting some more attention in december.

Regards,

Snappy

Hmm,

despite Cobras original announcement about the viggen customers not being second rate citizens, so far update after update comes filled with Tomcat fixes and improvements and still next to nothing for the Viggen .

It‘s ok, still another month to go, but would be nice to see it getting some more attention in december.

Regards,

Snappy

That doesn't mean that Viggen customers are second rate citizens. For one the Viggen has had already the whole bunch the Tomcat is getting now (check all the changelogs from 2018, they are often longer than Tomcat ones even), but also length or number does not define quality. And of course, the Tomcat, being the Tomcat, allows for a "much" bigger team than the Viggen, which is a niche aircraft, if one takes it exactly. These are also realities we have to deal with, of course. And lastly, not everything we do is always visible: for example we've been working on the Viggen campaign for several months now, etc.. I hope that makes sense and helps understand the why and hows a bit better. But naturally that both aircraft are loved equally by us.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

IronMike, Lastrifleround,

thank you both for your input.Yes I do understand the Tomcat has a bigger team due to its fame/popularity and the Viggen had a head start in development.Thats ok.

Still hope the Viggen gets its remaining items like RAT and so on fixed.

Will see what the future brings.

Kind regards,

Snappy

IronMike, Lastrifleround,

thank you both for your input.Yes I do understand the Tomcat has a bigger team due to its fame/popularity and the Viggen had a head start in development.Thats ok.

Still hope the Viggen gets its remaining items like RAT and so on fixed.

Will see what the future brings.

Kind regards,

Snappy

We will most definitely get there, step by step. Thank you for your kind patience everyone!

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Do HB have one shot left to keep their promise on getting Viggen out of EA before 2020?

Today is 4 December and next open beta should be on 18 December, right?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Compared to other modules develoers for DCS, HB has nothing to be ashamed about.

They have delivered two of the most complete modules for DCS.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Compared to other modules develoers for DCS, HB has nothing to be ashamed about.

That is very much true! :)

However, Cobra "promised" to get Viggen out of EA before end of 2018 also. This thread, started by Cobra, is to some extent an answer on that non delivered promise.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

That is very much true! :)

However, Cobra "promised" to get Viggen out of EA before end of 2018 also. This thread, started by Cobra, is to some extent an answer on that non delivered promise.

Personally I don't care if HB pushes it out of EA on 31st of December or one or two weeks later, since the update cylce might not really hit this very day.

I like proved and indepth fixes more than possible quick-and-dirty things which might contain other problems in the background.

I feel movement at HB due to RagnarDa's efforts, which I like very much!

With this statement I don't want to weaken wishes from other users, but having the Viggen out of EA without the (partly very long lasting) glitches when snow is falling is the thing I would love to see. I love to fly the beast in snowy environment most (same as outside weather ...)

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

While they have been pretty complete on release compared to other modules, they were not entirely complete and HBs fault is that they have reduced work on the remaining features and bug fixes after release to a bare minimum, streching the completion of the module to near forever. That is especially frustrating as they talk a lot how they care about their released modules, but their actual work speaks the opposite (especially with the Viggen), or in other words: Lot's of talk, not much walk!

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Telling someone they're not walking fast enough when you have no idea of the distance involved... :doh:

Maybe I don't, but Heatblur does:

Viggen
We’ll keep the update short and sweet on the Viggen as there’s been
way too much talk, and not enough walk.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think we all let our frustration come out too much at times. I'm also on the lookout for ANY Tomcat-related entries in the weekly patch notes every Wednesday. It literary hurts when I find nothing there for my beloved bird. However, we all need to understand that:

- HB are a small team and this is their hobby (!)

- we already have a lot (most complete early access plane ever?)

- Tomcat development continues

- HB plans are clear and transparent

- no dates have been set in stone

Knowing the above we need to focus on the positives. I mean 7 years ago F-14 in DCS was a clear "NO". Today we fly the most detailed incarnation of this beautiful aircraft ever made for a sim.. and the sim itself has never been growing so fast! I think there are good times ahead. I just hope that Heatblur manage to combine their efforts (like they have been so far), beat the bugs (pun intended! :P ), add the missing extras and deliver on the highest possible quality level, which by the way is their standard!

Semper Fi HB! :cheer3nc:

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I'm waiting for the most are the actual campaigns themselves.

It would also be nice for them to finally allow all the cockpit functions to be mapped in the control settings. The lack of many cockpit functions of the RIO position is pretty glaring. Like e.g. pylon switches without which it's impossible to drop A2G ordnance.

I don't know if they assume that most players will have a keyboard and mouse at hand or just use a RIO, but I hope that getting the module out of EA will at least add all the controls there (plus also some up/down ones for the rotary encoders in the cockpit instead of having to map a control for each of its positions).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

- HB are a small team and this is their hobby (!)

- we already have a lot (most complete early access plane ever?)

Jeff begs to disagree - the DIS team is small too, and look at the impressive amount of fixes they prepared in a few days even on the weekend of release.

While I appreciate the level of detail HB put in their planes, their amount of work after release is not really special anymore.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Jeff begs to disagree - the DIS team is small too, and look at the impressive amount of fixes they prepared in a few days even on the weekend of release.

While I appreciate the level of detail HB put in their planes, their amount of work after release is not really special anymore.

They already accomplished a very good release and you can't take that from them, no matter how dissapointed you are.

Development takes time. Especially for the tasks at hand.

The comfort prior to release was the simple fact, that the differential between the definite announcement and the release was pretty short, compared to the complete development of the cat.

Now the time needed for features is the same, but you can measure it, it seems like the teapot never gets hot.

If you think your comparrison is fair, is up to you.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I'm of the opinion that Heatblur has accomplished quite a bit this year and I'm not disappointed with their work, or progress. I'd rather wait for them to do it right, then try to wing it(no pun intended), especially with something as complicated as Auto TWS.

Dare I say, they definitely have my nomination for best module released this year. Certainly the best $80.00 I ever spent on a piece of software.

Edited by CommanderRabb

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey