DCS I-16

Congratulations on the release, OctopusG!

+1:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

We should see. Currently there's no place to report bugs or talking about the module.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

plane is great but controls bindings should be improved

sound is great it realy sounds like real i-16

i am used to fly bf109 when i have to pull like 20 handles it is hard to just fly this plane :) not mentio na combat in it :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team
plane is great but controls bindings should be improved

sound is great it realy sounds like real i-16

i am used to fly bf109 when i have to pull like 20 handles it is hard to just fly this plane :) not mentio na combat in it :)

Wher have you heard original I-16?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Wher have you heard original I-16?

it wasnt exctly i-16 it was PZL-Mielec M-18 Dromader with short exhaust pipes engine at idle sounded almost the same

ofc game will never get close to RL sounds

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

But that's not "original" I-16, that's a modern built replica. But that replica is the module we have, I believe. Anyhow, a good rendition IMO.

I think current airworthy P-26 Peashooter is probably a closer sound to what an original I-16 was.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

But that's not "original" I-16, that's a modern built replica. But that replica is the module we have, I believe. Anyhow, a good rendition IMO.

I think current airworthy P-26 Peashooter is probably a closer sound to what an original I-16 was.

S!

engine used in i-16 were masivly produced all over world

• ED Team

Unfortunately it's not original sound. This plane has ASh-62IR with a geared prop though original M-62 has no gear, so the original sound now is unavailable to hear.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Unfortunately it's not original sound. This plane has ASh-62IR with a geared prop though original M-62 has no gear, so the original sound now is unavailable to hear.

exactly which original there was lots of upgrades a long the way and all are originals :)

the same case is with bf109 k-4 and fw109 d-9 probably nobody will hear original sound ever i used wrong word up there sorry

anyway is good enough for me

i-16 is iconic for me it is must have for me :)

btw version which we have in dcs use M63 engine acording to dcs's manual

maby they squize some gears in m-63 engine :)

Edited by grafspee

original.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Is manual startup working? I've tried everything and it seems like it's bugged somewhere along the line, and that there is also no training / documentation for me to double check with.

Nope sits bugged, I have same issue.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

It's weird because auto start works. Huh. Thanks for the info!

yes auto start works, not the manually doing it.

• ED Team
original.

ASh-62IR (Формуляр АШ-62ИР)

ASh-62IR (Формуляр АШ-62ИР)

yo-yo first versions of i-16 used m-25 engine right ?? which was exact copy of r-1820 which had geared output shaft

ha m-25 has no rediction gear :)

Edited by grafspee