Looking for some more BuDs (BUsy DadS) to fly and chat with?

GTFreeFlyer

send me your link please. You guys are exactly what I have been looking for.

Will send you a message in a sec...

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running release version or open beta?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Are you running release version or open beta?

Open beta. But if you are like me and have the release version, it’s super easy to update to open beta. No reinstall required. You just have to change the target path of the icon on your desktop and it’s done :). If BuDs sounds like something you’ll enjoy, send me a PM.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Looking forward to seeing you guys online! We've had some good numbers and fun missions lately!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys, I’ve got a group of 4 BuDS that I hang out with, but as busy as we are, only 4 guys means the server is usually empty!

I’ve got a dedicated server and TS. If you guys are interested in affiliating with us, I’ll give you access to my server and TS, and you guys can use it whenever you want. Located in Canada on a fibre gigabit line.

PM me if you are interested!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Hey guys, I’ve got a group of 4 BuDS that I hang out with, but as busy as we are, only 4 guys means the server is usually empty!

I’ve got a dedicated server and TS. If you guys are interested in affiliating with us, I’ll give you access to my server and TS, and you guys can use it whenever you want. Located in Canada on a fibre gigabit line.

PM me if you are interested!

Thanks for getting in touch. Several of the guys in the group have dedicated servers too, but here in BuDs, the first person online usually puts up a server and chooses the mission and whoever comes online next will usually hop into that. This gives everyone a chance to showcase their own missions, and also makes it so that there’s something new to do each time you hop into BuDs. You never know what it will be :)

Thanks for getting in touch. Several of the guys in the group have dedicated servers too, but here in BuDs, the first person online usually puts up a server and chooses the mission and whoever comes online next will usually hop into that. This gives everyone a chance to showcase their own missions, and also makes it so that there’s something new to do each time you hop into BuDs. You never know what it will be :)

Ok, no prob! Thought I’d offer it up

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Hey Sandman do you guys want to join up with us? I am the only Canadian in BuDs' and we need to represent! Pretty laid back and everyone is understanding to "life" stuff. Usually other people on though to join up with.

Thanks for the offer, and for stopping by, Sandman!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a total novice when it comes to multiplayer (if you exclude F29 Retaliator 1v1 via serial cable in the 90's) this sounds perfect for me. UK based, but frequently out of the country with unreliable connectivity I like the sound of a casual group one can just jump in and out of without any strict time commitment.

Also as an aviation fan, private pilot and dad of two I think I should be qualified to answer the call? Although not for a couple of weeks, because, well, I'm busy. :noexpression:

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

As a total novice when it comes to multiplayer (if you exclude F29 Retaliator 1v1 via serial cable in the 90's) this sounds perfect for me. UK based, but frequently out of the country with unreliable connectivity I like the sound of a casual group one can just jump in and out of without any strict time commitment.

Also as an aviation fan, private pilot and dad of two I think I should be qualified to answer the call? Although not for a couple of weeks, because, well, I'm busy. :noexpression:

For sure. I’ll PM you.

Hey Sandman do you guys want to join up with us? I am the only Canadian in BuDs' and we need to represent! Pretty laid back and everyone is understanding to "life" stuff. Usually other people on though to join up with.

Maybe not join, as we’ve got our own group going, but I’d certainly like to affiliate with you guys and maybe do some joint stuff!

Do you have a discord or anything? My guys use Facebook messenger as we all know each other IRL, but I’ve been thinking of standing up a discord

Maybe not join, as we’ve got our own group going, but I’d certainly like to affiliate with you guys and maybe do some joint stuff!

Do you have a discord or anything? My guys use Facebook messenger as we all know each other IRL, but I’ve been thinking of standing up a discord

Yes, we are on Discord. All the BuDs meet up on Discord and then one will start up a server, then whoever is online and wants to join will hop into one of our voice channels on Discord. We don’t have any arranged missions or times in BuDs. A lot of the guys also play in other servers, or if there’s a cool arranged mission going on somewhere else, we’ll let each other know and then hop over there. BuDs is more of just a meetup place for any last minute casual play. We usually have 2-3 on at once, but as many as 7-8 during more of the “peak” hours.

Our group is a little unique as we are more of just a hang out place with random action, rather than a formal squad. Not sure how you’d like to affiliate unless one of you hops in and see how we operate. I wouldn’t mind you hopping in to let us know when you have some arranged mission with your buds going on, as I’m sure a few guys would be interested once in a while. I only ask that you don’t use our group solely for that purpose, and please do participate with us as well. We are a fun bunch and the random shenanigans are quite fun too. We have another group of friends in BuDs too and they all joined together. There are no commitments in our group. You are still free to break away and do your own thing with your friends any time you please. BuDs would simply be a place for you or your other friends to check out when your server is empty. With 36 of us now, there’s usually someone available to fly with at a moment’s notice.

Sorry if that’s confusing. I try to make sense when I can, lol.

PM me if you are interested. Cheers bud!

That’s pretty much exactly how we operate! Our server runs 24/7 with a sandbox mission where one can go on solo and practice 1v1 or BVR against AI, do some boat work, or even aerobatics. If someone else joins, we can do coop or PvP stuff as well. We are very casual and relaxed, and sometimes just go on to goof off. I think our little group would fit in with you guys nicely.

Can you PM me your discord info? I’d like to join up and invite my other guys if that’s OK.

Hey GTFF, I'd love to fly with you guys.

Had someone over on AR15.com that actually recommended this group to a couple of us over there.

Can you send me the PM for discord, etc?

Look forward to flying with you all!

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Hey GTFF, I'd love to fly with you guys.

Had someone over on AR15.com that actually recommended this group to a couple of us over there.

Can you send me the PM for discord, etc?

Look forward to flying with you all!

That's be me over on ARFCOM! Glad you made it over! :thumbup:

BuDs - Vandal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...