Cant see all MP servers in browser list

KEULE

Not all servers appearing in the multiplayer server list. Friends do see for example the Buddyspike server which doesn't appear at all on my list. When friends give me the IP of the server in order to join I get the message that the server is offline.

No filters applied.

Is this a known issue? What can I do?

Thanks for any help!

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Well thanks but that hint doesn't really help at all. :smilewink:

First, I checked. No blockings. Second, firewall would block all MP servers not specific few. Third, if blocked by firewall I wouldn't get message that server is offline when trying to connect by IP I guess.

Forgot to add: This issue just occured first time with DCS 2.5.

Edited by KEULE

Second, firewall would block all MP servers not specific few..

It's not that simple I'm afraid ;)

Try to temporary disable your AV and see what happen.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Thank you for all your advices.

As I suspected it wasn't the Antivirus software. And the issue didn't arise out of IPv6 which was activated already.

Long story short: With latest DCS 2.5 update from yesterday it appears all servers are back. At least Buddyspike which I knew was missing is showing up again. Even though PatchNotes don't mention anything in that regards issue is solved. They seem not to be complete as mostly.

Again thank you for your help!

Cheers.

interestingly i have the exact opposite. was working on 2.5 open beta. just applied the hotfix now i cant see all the servers in the list anymore...

had similar issues in 1.5.8 before 2.5 ob started too

have disabled av and fw, ipv6 settings fine. good connection and was working fine yesterday. today no go at all. 29 small unpopulated servers showing up compared to all the main busy servers showing up yesterday

Edited by jimiC

Yeah. I was a bit too optimistic. I had the server this morning. Logged onto. Connection was great. Hoped into a jet. Everything worked well. Now turning computer on again and BuddySpike is missing again. I didnt change anything meanwhile. Could this be a problem on EDs end? Masterserver maybe?

update

left it a day and figured id try again this arvo

loaded up DCS.

i can now see LESS servers than i could yesterday.

~29 empty servers yesterday

11 today

wtf?

and final edit.

i ran the updater yet again (*3rd time) got a 500mb update for some reason. this didnt resolve the MP list though

but i then ran a repair (4th time in 2 days) on it after this and now i can see the servers. i have NFI why or what was wrong with it. but for others i guess the 'workaround' is to just repeatedly check updater and repair the build as well.

Edited by jimiC

Yup, I am having to do multiple server seeks before I get the servers I am after... seems to be random what servers I get; certainly not a full list of whats available. We need to get the multiplayer server list working; its fairly important I think.

• 1 month later...

Add me to the list of people having issues. I was in our private server with everyone on TeamSpeak. Quit out, and the server list updated and it disappeared! Along with pretty much every other server. I think I have 10 or so that show up and they're all basically unpopulated. I was speaking with my team on teamspeak and they were all in the server no problem.

I tried updating, no dice. I tried re-naming my saved games folder and creating a new one, no dice. I reformatted my PC (easy for me to do) and reinstalled windows, drivers, game, modules.. AND STILL NO DICE! wtf! :helpsmilie:

Yeah, add two guys i know and me on the list. 10 to 20 servers in the list and can't connect to each other via IP (while we could everyday before). Checked antivirus, firewall, port forwarding and everything we could think of. Certainly the update.

After this 4th update, I had today a 2gb hotfix. Still the same issue with multiplayer. 1-5 FPS in lobby and 10-15 min to enter the cockpit (if it enters, usually in 4-5 people servers).

And the worst thing is that in the news letter of today, they say they have fixed almost everything and they plan to move to release if noone complains.

These complains comes from some people since first release of Beta 2.5, and still no fix. In 1.5 was perfect.

• ED Team

Hi Japo32

can you attach your dcs.log and let me know your system specification

ED are working on memory optimisation which will help

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here it is. I had to move all the content of the DCS files to a SSD external (which is faster than my internal drive) and modify the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World path value to new path) to make it work. I never had any problem with DCS 1.5x doing that also.. but in 2.5 it is "imposible" to fly online. Offline no problem.

Thanks!

dcs.zip

Edited by Japo32

Been unable to see all servers since the 2.5 update came out. Hoped this last update would fix it, but I still have to refresh over and over and over until I see the servers I want.

And when I do see them now, it takes 15-20 minutes to get in, if I get in at all and not bounced back the main DCS screen.

And as for frame rates, with this last update I'm lucky to get 20-30fps on average in single player where I previously got 50 or 60+.

And on a couple of multiplayer servers I usually go on, I am now only getting 5fps where I used to easily get 30 or more. Thus making multiplayer impossible.

Won't be considering any further purchases for DCS until this crap gets sorted. What's the point?

• 7 months later...
Still mot working. Any solution people?? Ive done a port check and I can see the server on the net but not in DCS. Its happening to the servers I play the most.

This is now happening to me?

I bought pc specifically to play DCS, now I'm starting to get board with all the problems DCS seems to have. You just get over on issue and within days there seems to be another problem.

Great platform when it works, but that seems to be rare!!!

:(

• 1 month later...

Do realise that there are TWO different 2.5 versions. Both Release and Open Beta versions are on the same revision at the time of this posting (currently 2.5.3.24984). Obviously, both Release and Open beta will see all servers, but there are times when Open Beta advances to a new revision for TESTING and they NOT compatible. A majority of the servers now utilize the Open Beta revision so if you are still on Release version, all of those Open Beta servers will not show up on your list.

So, just by stipulating that you have 2.5 is not complete enough information. Be sure to pay attention to the WHOLE version number and identify that in your posts.