Tail strobe set too low

BoneDust

The tail strobe should be brighter and reflect much more

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Is there a way to increase it so it reflects off the elevators ground etc?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

See how the lights work on a real legacy bug during/before twilight:

All of the lights are very underpowered, especally the red/green lights on the underside of the wing & the nose wheel AoA lights.

Edit: Is there a way I can multiply the brightness of the external lights? In full darkness I can barely even see the 2 red and 2 green wing lights.

Edited by Razgriz

See how the lights work on a real legacy bug during/before twilight:

All of the lights are very underpowered, especally the red/green lights on the underside of the wing & the nose wheel AoA lights.

Edit: Is there a way I can multiply the brightness of the external lights? In full darkness I can barely even see the 2 red and 2 green wing lights.

They seem fine. One of the biggest problems I see in flight sims is that they make nav lights and such, way too bright. At what distance are you when saying they aren’t bright enough? DCS seems to do the level of brightness quite well.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

They seem fine. One of the biggest problems I see in flight sims is that they make nav lights and such, way too bright. At what distance are you when saying they aren’t bright enough? DCS seems to do the level of brightness quite well.

I agree, ED did a great job on the exterior lights on this f-18 module. However the landing light is way too bright during the daytime. That's my only complaint.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

I biggest issue I noticed last night trying to link up at night for a case III in VR was, it was impossible to tell the difference between an F-18 with all external lights on and the stars in the background. All the external lights on the hornet blended together and I was completely unable to distinguish any position lights / formation lights or strobe lights until I was within 500 meters. Even when using NVGs, there was no visible illumination flash from the strobe light. Having used NODs extensively in in the field and in Iraq, I know that even the ambient reflections from a strobe are blinding at times and there should be a very bright reflection flash coming off the left side of the hornet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

I biggest issue I noticed last night trying to link up at night for a case III in VR was, it was impossible to tell the difference between an F-18 with all external lights on and the stars in the background. All the external lights on the hornet blended together and I was completely unable to distinguish any position lights / formation lights or strobe lights until I was within 500 meters. Even when using NVGs, there was no visible illumination flash from the strobe light. Having used NODs extensively in in the field and in Iraq, I know that even the ambient reflections from a strobe are blinding at times and there should be a very bright reflection flash coming off the left side of the hornet.

That is my problem. The formation lights are bright enough but the wingtip lights and underwing lights are not even visible from any sort of distance.

Here is a video from the CASE III mission provided by Wags. I use gamma 2.0, all 4 red/green wing lights are not even visible.

https://streamable.com/rjzqm

Edited by Razgriz

• 1 month later...

Agree with the OP on this one.

The strobe in the game has too slow of a pulse. IRL it blinks much faster and brighter.

The nav lights on the fuselage look like they are painted red/green when on - hard to tell that it's actually a light. The white light on the Vstab seems about perfect.

And yes -- the landing light is way too visible during the day. The A-10C has the same issue. May be the tradeoff to get things looking right at night when the lights are really necessary.

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

• 3 weeks later...
It lacks the flash effect.

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

• 2 months later...