Which Tornado do you want?

CyMPAK

Uh, didn't know that. I feel bad for the F3, it feels like it tries to not disappoint and just...can't.

Well said :lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I find that hard to believe :huh:

Are you saying a Tornado can outmaneuver an Eagle in a dogfight? How should that work? The Tornado is quite maneuverable for a Bomber, but not compared to a fighter and especially not to the Eagle.

Or are you talking about BVR? Even then I can not see how a Tornado would be superior with Fox1s against an Eagle with Fox3s, unless we're talking about the early Fox1-Eagles.

QuiGon, what TLTeo said... Spot on!

Also, along with the AMRAAM came the ASRAAM, with a different approach from the AIM-9 series (more legs, less maneuver, awesome sensor) and it kicked like a mule.

True story... an RAF Squadron I knew very well went for a two-week brawl with a very well renowned Eagle wing from the US East Coast, circa 2004. They played blue-air / red-air alternatively. Even if Tornados simulated Skyflashes (similar to AIM-7M) when blue air, the final score was 38-20 for the Brits ;-) Jeremiah Weed did flow... Oh, and just to make the story more colorful, during the same period of time, at nearby NAS Oceana, the very last Tomcat RAG (now called FRS) class threw a hell of a party... Those Brits (and one Italian) enjoyed that VERY much!

After I lately had a bad time finding SA-9 and -13s and got my a** kicked, I add a late GR.1A to my wish of a late GR.1B.

It would really be quite a new element for DCS to do some RECON and look at the tapes.

And while taking pictures of the enemy sending off some ALARMS in Loiter mode would be amusing at least.

Carrying the same weapons as the GR.1 but without internal guns, it is nearly as capable.

I think with the Tornado it should be possible to bring out multiple IDS variants, like a GR.1 + A + B combo, like the F-14 combo.

Until that happens: I feel the need, the need for TARPS...

Alias in Discord: Mailman

After I lately had a bad time finding SA-9 and -13s and got my a** kicked, I add a late GR.1A to my wish of a late GR.1B.

It would really be quite a new element for DCS to do some RECON and look at the tapes.

And while taking pictures of the enemy sending off some ALARMS in Loiter mode would be amusing at least.

Carrying the same weapons as the GR.1 but without internal guns, it is nearly as capable.

I think with the Tornado it should be possible to bring out multiple IDS variants, like a GR.1 + A + B combo, like the F-14 combo.

Until that happens: I feel the need, the need for TARPS...

I don't quite understand what you want to do with recon capabilities in DCS? DCS does not provide any framework to make use of such reconaissance assets.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, but that's nothing Heatblur could do. The dynamic campaign would indeed be a great opportunity for ED to create some recon features, but for now there is no use for that in DCS.

Tornado3 small.jpg

There was no framework for ELINT before the Viggen either...

That would rule out any kind of new capabilites in DCS, is that really a reason?

HB anounced the TARPS for the F-14, so RECON will come anyway somehow.

And I also see a use for that even at the current stage of DCS. Depends on what kind of missions your a flying.

ELINT is already some kind of RECON, RF-RECON to be precise.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

There was no framework for ELINT before the Viggen either...

There still isn't. The kneeboard is a pretty rough workaround and you can't make much use of it.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Silly question from an uninitiated - why is this thread in the Heatblur forum? Have they confirmed working on one?

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Silly question from an uninitiated - why is this thread in the Heatblur forum? Have they confirmed working on one?

Thanks.

They have not, but they have hinted that they are working on something uses their existing technologies. Between air to ground radar, swing wings, and back-seat AI, the Tornado fits the bill, so people are losing their stuff over it :)

Tornado IDS (interdictor/strike)

Because we are lacking the good Strike aircraft (and no, I don't count F-14 as such).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 4 weeks later...

You might be right but what 3rd party has stayed within a reasonable time frame for final release. 3-5 years seems to be the norm in DCS, assure the player it won't take forever then say your sorry for the delay AFTER they have taken your money.

Thanks.

Yes:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yea the only way is with the Elint app which is nice, but it would be nicer if it could be linked to DCS somehow

Which elint app?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Dedicated Strike Aircraft, needs to be the F111 Aarvark. I got turned onto the "Pig" when i read it outshot the Warthog in desert storm. Twice the kills. And the EF111a Raven was THE goto SIGINT, reconnaissance, Electronic Warfare frame. (considering the ELINT topic)

The bottom line about the F111 Pig, when it was retired it took 2 aircraft to fill it workload. That being the B1 Lancer (which wasnt as fast, by half, and not versatile) and the F15 which was not as good as a strike craft, and not as fast either) when the EF111a Raven was retired, the Airforce had to back peddle to the Intruder, because there was nothing in the Services that could replace the Spark-Vark.

plus, i want to land it on a Carrier, Melt it in mid air, light up the nighttime battlefield with the dump and burn, eject in the Boat/Pod, and fly the first DCS carpet bomber.

Tornado IDS (interdictor/strike)

Because we are lacking the good Strike aircraft (and no, I don't count F-14 as such).

The A-6E TRAM, obviously.

Yes:

Dedicated Strike Aircraft, needs to be the F111 Aarvark. I got turned onto the "Pig" when i read it outshot the Warthog in desert storm. Twice the kills. And the EF111a Raven was THE goto SIGINT, reconnaissance, Electronic Warfare frame. (considering the ELINT topic)

The bottom line about the F111 Pig, when it was retired it took 2 aircraft to fill it workload. That being the B1 Lancer (which wasnt as fast, by half, and not versatile) and the F15 which was not as good as a strike craft, and not as fast either) when the EF111a Raven was retired, the Airforce had to back peddle to the Intruder, because there was nothing in the Services that could replace the Spark-Vark.

plus, i want to land it on a Carrier, Melt it in mid air, light up the nighttime battlefield with the dump and burn, eject in the Boat/Pod, and fly the first DCS carpet bomber.

Uhm, this is a bit OT here, as this thread is not about strike aircraft in general, but about the Tornado and its variants... :music_whistling:

Besides that we already have a good setup of US jets and more are comming, unlike European jets...

Tornado3 small.jpg

Whichever Tornado aircraft is possible (Barring the Air defense version). Any of those GR series or IDS variants would be good.

But I doubt Heatblur has plans about this...They've been hinting more on that slow A-6 intruder. I much prefer the latter being just an AI. But seeing as its the one on the possible roadmap. Maybe we can expect the Tornado...whichever variant it is, during 2024 or 25.

Whichever Tornado aircraft is possible (Barring the Air defense version). Any of those GR series or IDS variants would be good.

But I doubt Heatblur has plans about this...They've been hinting more on that slow A-6 intruder. I much prefer the latter being just an AI. But seeing as its the one on the possible roadmap. Maybe we can expect the Tornado...whichever variant it is, during 2024 or 25.

Heatblur stated years ago, that their policy is to only announce new aircraft modules when they're far into development and close to (EA) release, with the Tomcat beeing the exception. They already put this policy into action with the Viggen, which was released pretty shortly after it got officially revealed. So I'm not too convinced that an A-6 will be their next playable aircraft ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg