"Special for Joystick" keybinds

escaner

Hello,

It would be nice to have more switches in the "Special for Joystick" abstraction category. A few that I would use:

Exterior Lights ON/OFF [F/A-18 HOTAS switch]

Altitude Switch BARO/RDR

Master Arm ARM/SAFE

Arresting Hook Handle DOWN/UP

Hook Bypass FIELD/CARRIER

Anti Skid ON/OFF

Launch Bar EXTEND/RETRACT

Thank you!

Edited by escaner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Generally I'd love if everything had a keybinding like bms does. all switches there have keybinds for specific positions as well as toggle/cycle forwards/cycle backwards.

In the case of the F/A-18C, all of those are already there.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I am pretty sure the external lights one is already there as I use it now! You just have to turn the lights on/up on the left throttle panel then the command is in the HOTAS sub category ("L" on the keyboard bind). I then have it bound to my HOTAS to toggle the lights on/off.

Kind of missed the point of OP. This is not about missing bindings its about bindings which work properly when assigned to ON/OFF switches like on the warthog base. Yes external lights binding is there but to get it to work you have to flick the switch from OFF to ON to bring the lights on and then to turn the lights off you have to flick the switch down OFF and back up to ON to register another keypress. The binding they have works perfectly for a button but not for a switch. Instead we are asking for a binding where the lights only stay on as long as the switch is in the ON position, IE the button is being pressed.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Kind of missed the point of OP. This is not about missing bindings its about bindings which work properly when assigned to ON/OFF switches like on the warthog base. Yes external lights binding is there but to get it to work you have to flick the switch from OFF to ON to bring the lights on and then to turn the lights off you have to flick the switch down OFF and back up to ON to register another keypress. The binding they have works perfectly for a button but not for a switch. Instead we are asking for a binding where the lights only stay on as long as the switch is in the ON position, IE the button is being pressed.

True, but there is an additional reason for this kind of behavior: it allows to sync the sim controls with the switch positions in your physical controls. DCS has an option for that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5