[NOT AT ALL] is the Yak-52 dead? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
berk.kp

Default [NOT AT ALL] is the Yak-52 dead?

It would be nice to see some update i.e. a damage model. Also the engine still does not fail when overheating.
berk.kp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
Flummi

Quote:
Originally Posted by berk.kp View Post
It would be nice to see some update i.e. a damage model. Also the engine still does not fail when overheating.
For me it looks like it is dead.
PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X| MSI B350 Tomahawk| 2x 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V (F4-3200C16D-32GVK)| Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce 8G| 2x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 1x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Windows 10 Pro 64bit|
Gear: Oculus Rift S| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind|
Flummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
norbot

Yes. Some progress in the current EA-state would be nice. It's already been asked, but not much of a reasonable answer: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231803
Old 05-28-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
1987kess

It's a shame, I'm actually flying this module again and I'm enjoying it pretty much, but they need to fix the bugs and add some sort of navigation system.

I really hope they finish it. ED usually finish the modules, except this one...
1987kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #5
Mr_sukebe

It would be good to see it get some love. I still really like flying it and take it out at least once a week.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:36 AM   #6
Buzzles

From literally the thread below this one, an update was posted a couple of days ago:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...1&postcount=77
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #7
hazzer

I'm glad it's not just me that is unhappy about this. It is not fair that we purchase all of Eagle Dynamics products only to be left hanging with 0 polish or in the case of the yak half done.

In my opinion there should be a group at ed working on all released products, making sure they are big free, finished and to a high quality.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:43 AM   #8
NeilWillis
Veteran

You've not been left hanging. Work continues as the previous post stated.

Once you have been in DCS World a while you will appreciate that stuff just takes time given limited resources at their disposal. They are not a huge software studio, and they have a lot of spinning plates in the air to deal with.

The Yak-52 was made available to us after a separate contract to supply it to a private customer was fulfilled. Clearly, their specification didn't include a damage model, but we're still getting one, so we can't exactly complain, can we?

Or would you suggest that they hold up major projects like the F/A-18 or F-16 in order to satisfy the whim of a very small minority who want the Yak-52 completed right away?

You have had confirmation, so in the meantime, don't overheat the engine or crash and you can be thoroughly satisfied with another superb, worlds beating module can't you.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #9
bkthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilWillis View Post

Clearly, their specification didn't include a damage model, but we're still getting one, so we can't exactly complain, can we?
Erm... I bought the module at full price and it didn't say anywhere that it was a special project, so sorry, I can complain and I expect it to have all the bells and whistles that other DCS mdoules have. What specification they had from their private customer has nothing to do with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilWillis View Post

Or would you suggest that they hold up major projects like the F/A-18 or F-16 in order to satisfy the whim of a very small minority who want the Yak-52 completed right away?
Did it say anywhere on the shop page that "this moduel is for a small minority and therefore has low priority"? So let's say that I am Joe Pilot and new to DCS, I go on the store and I buy the Yak-52, because that is what I am interested in. How am I supposed to know that it woudl take years to finish because other projects have higher priority (project which have come AFTER the sale of the Yak-52)?

I personally don't care about the yak-52, I also prefer the F-18 to be completed sooner, BUT, and it's a big but, this is not a valid argument for people who have spent their money and rightfully deserve to receive what they paid for in a timely manner, or are you suggesting that some customers are more important than others based on which type of module they buy, even if they bought it BEFORE other modules that now magically have higher priority?
Old 05-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #10
CallsignFrosty

Yep, no F16 preorder for me.
I've preordered every module until now - something has to change.
CallsignFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote