Su-25A stick handling on take-off/landing

Fri13

I always wonder how in these videos of real aircrafts, the pilots can wave the stick around without much effect on the aircraft itself. They are of course performing corrections to keep the aircraft steady etc instead just for fun, but the movements are fast and large.

If I would do the same in Su-25A with a VKB extended MCG, I will be throwing the aircraft all around. No, I don't use curves as they are unrealistic.

But there must be either some kind a effect in their real control inputs that either dampens their input to output, or then the aircraft flight characteristics are such that you need to do far more than those quick moves to get aircraft react more.

As in all modules I have this feeling that all are way too much "on the rails" flying because the default DCS input configuration etc.

What can be configured in the Su-25A inputs to maintain full control capability, but reach similar operation?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

+1

I didn't see any 'waving'. Just a gust/turbulence correction at 0:22. No significant stick movement at any other point.

Curves are only unrealistic if the joystick has exactly the same lenght and travel like the real one.

edit: just tested and I don't find the Su-25 to be too responsive, even without any external loads I can do the same full deflections like the Captain in this Tu-154 without any noticable bank ;)

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I believe for the Su-25s they have a recommended control curvature setting in the FC manual. That said, I don't consider his movements THAT severe, not having ever flown a real Su-25 I could not say how it 'feels', but it being dissimilar from our joysticks is not terribly surprising. As bbrz says you could easily play with the.curvature to establish a similar ''feel'' with your stick.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2