Can someone explain terms and release dates of planes and flaming cliffs?

_outcast_

I am new to DCS and some of the titles thrown around confuses me a bit and I wonder if someone could clear it up for me. One term I often hear is Flaming Cliffs, but what is Flaming Cliffs? Is that the name DCS had before?

Also the release dates of planes kind of confuses me. I read that Flaming Cliffs 3 was released in 2012 and included the Su-25, but then there is also a notice that the module for Su-25 was released in 2013? How does this add up?

Also, I am curious, what year was the Su-25T released that is now free with DCS world?

Flaming Cliffs is a pack of less detailed aircraft (system wise). You can also buy those aircraft individually.

25T was released when DCS World was released, being included with it. Release dates persay aren't really relevant, btw.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Flaming Cliffs is a pack of less detailed aircraft (system wise). You can also buy those aircraft individually.

25T was released when DCS World was released, being included with it. Release dates persay aren't really relevant, btw.

Hmm but if I seach for DCS world release date it reads 2008. But I don't think the Su-25T was released back in 2008 or was it?

DCS World is a hub. ''DCS'' did not always exist and some products that are modules for it existed prior and were incorporated later. The 25T is the oldest and most outdated aircraft, held over from Lock On days.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I am new to DCS and some of the titles thrown around confuses me a bit and I wonder if someone could clear it up for me. One term I often hear is Flaming Cliffs, but what is Flaming Cliffs? Is that the name DCS had before?

On 2003 Eagle Dynamics released a new flight simulator: "Lock-On Modern Air Combat" .. it had a Map that included Crimea and Caucasus, and you could fly 7 aircrafts: su-27, su-33, mig-29, f-15, a-10a, su-25a and su-25t

On 2005 an improved version was released, named "Lock-On Flamming Cliffs"

On 2008 ED released the first simulator on its new "Digital Combat Simulator" series, the Dcs:black shark ... to be followed on 2010 by the Dcs:A-10C ... at that time the dcs was more like a series of simulators, not the modules that we know today.

On 2010, ED released an updated version of its previous Sim, incorporating technology of the DCS titles, and called it "Lock-On Flamming Cliffs 2"

On 2011, ED released DCS World, with the concept of plug-in modules ... initially it had just the A-10C and the Dcs blackshark 2

On 2012, ED released the P-51D

On 2013, ED ported to DCS the aircrafts of FC2, and called them "Flamming Cliffs 3" .. they are simpler than the previous 3 modules of DCS and dont have clickable cockpits.

I’m not clear about when the su-25T started to be free.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 2003 Eagle Dynamics released a new flight simulator: "Lock-On Modern Air Combat" .. it had a Map that included Crimea and Caucasus, and you could fly 7 aircrafts: su-27, su-33, mig-29, f-15, a-10a, su-25a and su-25t...

I’m not clear about when the su-25T started to be free.

LOMAC did not include the Su-25T, only the -25A. The -25T was introduced with "Lock-On Flaming Cliffs". Not that it really matters.

The old FC2 website is still up if someone wants to tiptoe through the past. It gives the history of the series up to that point: Flaming Cliffs 2. And it all started back in the late 1990s with ED's "Su-27 Flanker" title.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

LOMAC did not include the Su-25T, only the -25A. The -25T was introduced with "Lock-On Flaming Cliffs". Not that it really matters.

The old FC2 website is still up if someone wants to tiptoe through the past. It gives the history of the series up to that point: Flaming Cliffs 2. And it all started back in the late 1990s with ED's "Su-27 Flanker" title.

That same website says that the Su-25T was included on Lo-Mac:

https://www.lockon.ru/en/modern_air_combat/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

That same website says that the Su-25T was included on Lo-Mac:

https://www.lockon.ru/en/modern_air_combat/

My error then. I was basing it on this statement in the LOMAC section:

“Controllable planes: The game allows the player to fly any one of the following seven aircraft: Su-25, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29A, Mig-29C, F-15C, and A-10A.”

Reading further down now in the specifications for each aircraft, though, I see the Su-25T listed. OTOH, LOFC lists the Su-25T as a new addition. Maybe it was just new and improved.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

My error then. I was basing it on this statement in the LOMAC section:

“Controllable planes: The game allows the player to fly any one of the following seven aircraft: Su-25, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29A, Mig-29C, F-15C, and A-10A.”

Reading further down now in the specifications for each aircraft, though, I see the Su-25T listed. OTOH, LOFC lists the Su-25T as a new addition. Maybe it was just new and improved.

Pretry sure your memory is serving you right, I also remember FC adding the 25T as the test bed for AFM.

Edit: Upon reading the Flaming Cliffs section of the website you were definitely remembering right;

Product Overview

New product features include:

All the capabilities of "LockOn: Modern Air Combat".

Addition of the Su-25T as a player-flyable aircraft.

Edited by Sabadin

Hello,

Yes, you are totally correct .. this is the Menu of the original Lock-On MAC and the Su-25T isn't there:

BwJfG9j.jpg

:D Your memory is better than mine :)

Anyway, it's amazing how advanced was LOMAC for its time, the Menu is so similar to what DCS has today.

Cheers,

Eduardo

Hello,

Yes, you are totally correct .. this is the Menu of the original Lock-On MAC and the Su-25T isn't there:

BwJfG9j.jpg

:D Your memory is better than mine :)

Anyway, it's amazing how advanced was LOMAC for its time, the Menu is so similar to what DCS has today.

Cheers,

Eduardo

:clap_2: Thank you te remind us the Old good time !

Note : At that time ... these were "Modern Air Combat" planes. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EVAC : French virtual fighter school on DCS-World

:clap_2: Thank you te remind us the Old good time !

You are welcome :) here are more screenshots, if you want to reminisce some more:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3446625&postcount=6