Wake turbulence

archer86

Wake turbulence - FORCE server-side?

Wake turbulence appears only to be a player gameplay setting. It is not listed in the ME difficulty options, and there is no way that I can find to force it from a dedicated server (nothing in server options config file)

Does anyone know how to enable/ force this online, especially if using the dedicated server tool?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Not every plane is affected tho. So far, I found that the F-18 and Su-27s have it, but the F-5, F-15 and F-86 don't have it.

F-5 definitely have it. Try the F-5 free flight mission in the Caucasus.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I tried the default air refuel mission with f/a-18 behind s3. When I approached behind the tanker’s left wing, my hornet started to roll right violently.

Is this it? (I somehow thought wake turbulence would be a “bumpy” air).

So I tried the default air refuel mission with f/a-18 behind s3. When I approached behind the tanker’s left wing, my hornet started to roll right violently.

Is this it? (I somehow thought wake turbulence would be a “bumpy” air).

Yup, this is it. The higher pressure under the wing curls around the tip of the wing to fill the void of the lower pressure on top, creating circular vortices.

Visually, this is how it looks:

wingtip_vortices_flyingindiancom.jpg

I personally hit wake turbulence from a Challenger in a Grob 120 at about 100ft after takeoff... If I hadn't been in an aerobatic airplane with a quick roll rate, it would have been a lot scarier.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I'm interested in finding this out, too

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thx for making thread, was about to post same thing. rated thread 5/5. We need server-setting that overrides client-setting.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I flew with it behind a hornet. Didn't feel anything.

Don't forget that you need to be behind and below to experience wake turbulence.

The twin engined DA-62 which crash at DXB a few weeks ago was caused by wake turbulence from an preceeding A350 landing on the parallel runway.

Experienced a 45° bank angle in a CRJ when we hit the wake turbulence from a 767.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

• ED Team

Feature is not ready yet and disabled in code.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Feature is not ready yet and disabled in code.
Aaaah thank you! Hope it'll also have a prioritized server-setting, overriding client settings. (If server forces it on, it's on, if server forces it off, it's off, for example. And maybe an optional setting, where player's client setting is the actual value?)

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team
Hope it'll also have a prioritized server-setting, overriding client settings.
Sure.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 2 weeks later...