Upgraded Mig-29

Guest Guest

upcoming mac and free update for FC3 owners as well, it's stated in the news.:thumbup:

Yeah, FC3 first, for sure and it's the last plane left without the PFM.

It's also the one I like flying the most of all the FC3 modules so it's been quite some wait for it.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never fly the Mig-29, but for some reason I am really looking forward for this. I was surprise when I got excited when I read this was coming.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I never fly the Mig-29, but for some reason I am really looking forward for this. I was surprise when I got excited when I read this was coming.

Me too, it will be a nice distraction to play with it while we wait for the Tomcat ... I'm already converting the Su-27 training missions to use them with the MiG-29 instead :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Also looking forward. I like to sometimes fly the SU-27, but the wacky FBW logic is really not easy to deal with is high pressure situations. hopefully the MiG-29 will have that mechanical feel that i like about the F-5.

And all that power to unleash! Gonna be good fun. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Hey, will Mig 29 have a clickable cab?

Nope, same level as Su-27 and the other FC3 planes. Just some more functions and professional flight model (PFM)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Also looking forward. I like to sometimes fly the SU-27, but the wacky FBW logic is really not easy to deal with is high pressure situations. hopefully the MiG-29 will have that mechanical feel that i like about the F-5.

And all that power to unleash! Gonna be good fun. :)

What wacky FBW logic? The Su-27 is barely a FBW aircraft, it has an analog system for pitch rate damping and that's it (and an AoA/G-limiter of course, like all modern fighters). It makes the Flanker much easier to fly, not harder. The MiG-29's control system is probably very similar.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

What wacky FBW logic? The Su-27 is barely a FBW aircraft, it has an analog system for pitch rate damping and that's it (and an AoA/G-limiter of course, like all modern fighters). It makes the Flanker much easier to fly, not harder. The MiG-29's control system is probably very similar.

AD

Analog or digital, it's still FBW and I never really became friends with the trim logic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

yeah finally!!!!!!

I could even abbandon the f18 and get back to my favourite loved RED-SIDE !!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

You don't have to. The GAF is BLUFOR and the MiG-29 is the last decent fighter they had rdlaugh.png

I just hope it won't have the same ever-broken trim on a real stick as the Flankers... twi-notbad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Analog or digital, it's still FBW and I never really became friends with the trim logic.

Ah, that's what you meant. Yeah, I'll be the first to admit the trim logic is pretty stupid... The 27 is a great handling aircraft, and I'm surprised the Russians would do something like giving it such ridiculous trimming requirements that are mostly arbitrary and greatly increase the pilot workload.

Fighter pilots are supposed to be very good at what they do, I'm sure they don't need the machinery reminding them that their aircraft has changed its speed and now needs re-trimming :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

Ah, that's what you meant. Yeah, I'll be the first to admit the trim logic is pretty stupid... The 27 is a great handling aircraft, and I'm surprised the Russians would do something like giving it such ridiculous trimming requirements that are mostly arbitrary and greatly increase the pilot workload.

Fighter pilots are supposed to be very good at what they do, I'm sure they don't need the machinery reminding them that their aircraft has changed its speed and now needs re-trimming :)

It's been discussed many times over and over. Here you have some great explanations, esp. by Ironhand and GGTharos:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140940

tl;dr - it's by desing purposedly and real pilots want it that way!

It's not even a bit of workload when it becomes natural from training. You don't complain that you have to contract several muscles with different force when you walk, do you?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

AD

Yeah, dunno what they were thinking. :huh:

It's been discussed many times over and over. Here you have some great explanations, esp. by Ironhand and GGTharos:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140940

tl;dr - it's by desing purposedly and real pilots want it that way!

It's not even a bit of workload when it becomes natural from training. You don't complain that you have to contract several muscles with different force when you walk, do you?

It's not about the trimming, I don't mind that. It's the way it trims. well, at least for me. With the F-5, A-10 or any other, you seem to get natural feedback and trims without thinking too much about it. That doesn't happen in the SU-27. It doesn't feel natural at all, but it's just my opinion. I like how alive it feels, but the trim is horrible. :D

Anyway, this is about the MiG-29, which im looking very much forward to. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I'm already converting the Su-27 training missions to use them with the MiG-29 instead :)

Finished converting the missions, I will play them after tomorrow's update, and make any needed adjustments, before sharing them with the Community :)

ia1cFYQ.jpg

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Finished converting the missions, I will play them after tomorrow's update, and make any needed adjustments, before sharing them with the Community :)

ia1cFYQ.jpg

Cheers!

Can you upload these missions somewhere for the community, pls?

Can you upload these missions somewhere for the community, pls?

Will do, but after I thoroughly check them on the updated MiG-29 that should appear tomorrow :)

Bring it on...

0PUxQSC.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Just for the record, I'm not the only DCS fan who's neglected the sim for months now, but is nearly foaming at the mouth waiting to try out the MiG-29's new PFM. Let's hope it's well-done, and convincing :)

It should be DCS World's best-performing aircraft, ever.

AD

Kit:

You don't have to. The GAF is BLUFOR and the MiG-29 is the last decent fighter they had rdlaugh.png

I just hope it won't have the same ever-broken trim on a real stick as the Flankers... twi-notbad.png

The last decent fighter who had ?

Mizzy

Bring it on...

0PUxQSC.jpg

Don't remind me. They are currently grounded in the Polish Air Force. Drove all the way to Radom Air Show (from Sweden!), and all we got was a bunch of NATO jets :(

Luckily, Ukraine flew Su-27 Flanker at the show... and Pakistan flew the JF-17.

Edited by Schmidtfire

Don't remind me. They are currently grounded in the Polish Air Force. Drove all the way to Radom Air Show (from Sweden!), and all we got was a bunch of NATO jets :(

Luckily, Ukraine flew Su-27 Flanker at the show... and Pakistan flew the JF-17.

That's because of MiG-29 crash in July where pilot died because of not properly functioning ejection seat. Near MiG-29s Polish AF grounded Su-22 because they share same ejection seats.

I was on Air Show Radom 2018 too, and gotta say that they are getting worse every year.

Also weather was bad, but that thing is difficult to predict when you organize things with half a year reserve time.

But if you want to see some more Polish MiG-29s - no matter if they are grounded or not I recommend Polish Aviation Museum in Kraków and Polish Army Museum in Warsaw.

...and now counting down hours to MiG-29 PFM update :music_whistling:

...and now counting down hours to MiG-29 PFM update :music_whistling:

I specifically bought FC3 yesterday just to see the last days of SFM. I was pretty convinced during the flight but, man, on the ground it was terrible :/

btw: This is the out-of-service Fulcrum 2km from my home in Wrocław.

mig-29.thumb.jpg.919efa2cd58b1d62a30ae574fc6fc77d.jpg

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I was pretty convinced during the flight but, man, on the ground it was terrible

Well, for me even in the air SFM feels bad - whole rudder turning, plane doing weird things during stall, elevators over-reacting so I had to put axis curve to 40 value to make it somehow smooth.

btw: This is the out-of-service Fulcrum 2km from my home in Wrocław.

That's nice hehe - for me closest MiG-29 is in that Polish Army Museum in Warsaw... around 25 km... and next closest is in hangar of my uni... but to this one I'll have access next year :smartass: