[PvE]/[PvP] - Operation Barbagrigia

Download Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306821/

Caucasus, 16 July 1978

BLUFOR has launched Operation Barbagrigia to restore Georgia sovreignity.
Their offensive is currently blocked on the Inguri river in three bridges codenamed Alfa, Beta and Gamma.

Map features:
- fluid front that reacts to events (ground units request CAS or CAP when attacked and also AI units can respond)
- custom AFAC player interaction will identify threats in AO, report them and mark with rockets or illumination bombs
- dynamic strategic ground targets that have an effect on the ground war
- open world, you decide what to do, when and how, no need to kill a specific unit to trigger mission events
- CAS and CAP flights are randomly genrated from templates, there will be a variety of AI F-5, F-4, MiG-21, MiG-23, Su.17, Su-17, MiG-27, L-39

Updated with latest Moose and made some other changes, most notably I moved the calendar some years forward and now we have:

• F-14A
  • Mirage F1
  • Su-25A

*** SUPPORTED UNITS ***
- A-4E-C
- AJS37
- F-14A
- F-5E-3
- MiG-19P
- MiG-21bis
- Mirage F1EE
- L-39ZA
- Su-25
- UH-1H

- added Su-25
- added Big Eye EWR
- destroying bridges will halt the respective ground conflict nearby the bridge

- restored CTLD and CSAR for BLUFOR
- CSAR missions spawn random enemy infantry around the downed pilot, you have been warned 🙂

- rewrote backend engine with latest Moose version
- where possible, units use rear aspect hear seekers
- added Mirage F1EE
- added MiG-19
- added Splash Damage script
- added Skynet IADS
- added custom AFAC 

Big Eye EWR

A lot of work has gone into the implementation of this EWR feature.

Big Eye EWR is a script that adds radar detected units information to the player.

Furthermore, the player can subscribe to GCI / Intercept taskings and the highest threat will be automatically assigned.

Once within 5nm of the target the report will switch to a more compact format and 12-hour format instead of degree numerical bearing

For more details:

*** ADDING PLAYER UNITS ***
To add player units simply respect the naming convention "BLUE PLAYER MY_UNIT_NAME" / "RED PLAYER MY_UNIT_NAME" and the script will automatically recognize the unit.

promo.thumb.png.aa1ad0ccce596dc300bce1efd7de501e.png

Edited by leonardo_c
update

You're on a roll Leonardo! Thanks :thumbup:

Will give it a try as soon as I find the time. Especially curious about the chopper implementation

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You're on a roll Leonardo! Thanks :thumbup:

Will give it a try as soon as I find the time. Especially curious about the chopper implementation

I forgot to add the frequencies.

Dallas FARP ATC is 118mhz and there’s a beacon at 48MHZ FM.

In a few days my family will be back from a long trip visiting relatives and I’ll have way less time to script missions.

I wanted to add CSAR missions as well for this one but they mess up with the capture zones, at some point I’ll have to implement a workaround for that. I really want to add CSAR, it is “interesting” to fly the huey hearing jets roaring above your head.

I added CTLD though and had some fun deploying mortars and anti-tank teams in the CZs.

Edited by leonardo_c

Super interesting idea and very fun! Added the C-101 to the blue side so I can use the Culopollo for some strikes. I was wondering, where is the infantry pickup zone? Could not find it for the life of me.

F-5 | Mirage | Huey | Mig-21 | Ka-50 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B

Super interesting idea and very fun! Added the C-101 to the blue side so I can use the Culopollo for some strikes. I was wondering, where is the infantry pickup zone? Could not find it for the life of me.

Good idea with the Culopollo, I was thinking about adding one to act as AI AFAC for BLUE side. Inspired by the BAT-21 movie :D

I could do it fairly quickly by basically copy-pasting what I've done on the Roki Challenge mission.

As for the pickup zone, that's another thing I forgot to mention in the briefing, sorry :music_whistling:

The pickup zone is FARP Dallas.

Anyways, yesterday I noticed that some AI units get stuck on taxiing, I tried to experiment again with a sort of realistic-ish AI starting from ramp but it's just wasted time and so there will be a v1.1 coming out soon with AI units starting in the air.

Edited by leonardo_c

Your missions are an absolute blast Leonardo!

Don't let the absence of reactions here hold you back man, you're doing the community a big favor creating these missions. I really think more people should try this.

Just flew several Huey sorties and it was super immersive! You made the AO really alive!

I was coming in low and fast in-between the trees, landed while under fire, unloaded a mortar team (which immediately started firing back towards enemy units), took off and unleashed hell upon the enemy. Then went back to base for new troops and rearming and while doing so, the enemy was coming back with a counter attack!!

Wow man... just wow! :thumbup:

On my second run I even got attacked by some old and smokey enemy fighter planes (I think the blue CAP flight was destroyed :P)

Going to try the Roki challenge next time

By the way, is it correct that one can't request fighter (CAP) support in this mission? I only tried with the Huey, as that's the only bird I own (for this mission)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Your missions are an absolute blast Leonardo!

Don't let the absence of reactions here hold you back man, you're doing the community a big favor creating these missions. I really think more people should try this.

Just flew several Huey sorties and it was super immersive! You made the AO really alive!

I was coming in low and fast in-between the trees, landed while under fire, unloaded a mortar team (which immediately started firing back towards enemy units), took off and unleashed hell upon the enemy. Then went back to base for new troops and rearming and while doing so, the enemy was coming back with a counter attack!!

Wow man... just wow! :thumbup:

On my second run I even got attacked by some old and smokey enemy fighter planes (I think the blue CAP flight was destroyed :P)

Going to try the Roki challenge next time

By the way, is it correct that one can't request fighter (CAP) support in this mission? I only tried with the Huey, as that's the only bird I own (for this mission)

hey, I'm really happy that you are enjoying the thing.

I also had some massive fun deploying mortar and A/T teams to the frontline while the waist gunners were doing their job. Really a lot of fun.

Wait until you try the Inguri Estuary area that I just released in 1.2 ;)

I'm also having loads of fun with the 19, 21 and Tiger.

final note, about CAP, for this mission I decided not to implement CAP on request, it would unbalance too much the frontline in my opinion. As it is right now I prefer to value the role of the fighter-bomber, I like to sneak through with a bomb laden fighter while others are dogfighting and, after unloading, turn around and help my (AI) buddies.

I'm not in any way let down, feedback is good, usually via private messages or through other channels ;)

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Edited by leonardo_c

Would it somehow be possible to implement this sanitize save game script thingy for your missions? That'd be awesome

(as you can see by my choice of words, I have no scripting knowledge whatsoever, so I have no idea if my request is feasable)

System specs:

Would it somehow be possible to implement this sanitize save game script thingy for your missions? That'd be awesome

(as you can see by my choice of words, I have no scripting knowledge whatsoever, so I have no idea if my request is feasable)

for the time being I have ruled out saving.

in the Caucasus Pendulum mission it is totally unfeasable because of the carrier ships, if they move then you cannot get back the original ship position and the related client spawn parkings.

for this specific mission it could be doable but I prefer to avoid suggesting users that they need to disable a couple of LUA modules that are disabled by default for security reasons.

it is also not possible, as of now, to get back a group route after saving. In my missions I have a lot of groups and units running routes. In case of a respawn they would just stay stationary.

if you really feel like getting some detailed info here it is:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242050

sorry for the letdown, I'd like to have this feature myself but I don't see it coming unless ED implements some API that we can use safely. ;)

Hi Leonardo

I have been flying version 1.2 yesterday and today (Huey), but I'm having way more trouble staying alive. Dodging enemy ground fire can be really difficult, but iti s doable. Staying out of the claws of enemy fighters though, seems almost impossible.

I didn't notice this in 1.1. Is it possible that you increased the amount of red AI aircraft (or their skills) or did something went wrong with blue CAP coverage maybe (I don't see any allied aircraft attacking the red forces)?

Or, to help us chopper-heads, would it be possible to add the option to load/unload something air defense like? E.g. manpads, or AAA?

System specs:

Hi Leonardo

I have been flying version 1.2 yesterday and today (Huey), but I'm having way more trouble staying alive. Dodging enemy ground fire can be really difficult, but iti s doable. Staying out of the claws of enemy fighters though, seems almost impossible.

I didn't notice this in 1.1. Is it possible that you increased the amount of red AI aircraft (or their skills) or did something went wrong with blue CAP coverage maybe (I don't see any allied aircraft attacking the red forces)?

Or, to help us chopper-heads, would it be possible to add the option to load/unload something air defense like? E.g. manpads, or AAA?

hey, sorry for your helo getting shot :D

the amound of CAP hasn't changed from 1.1 and neither their routes.

their skill has actually been lowered because in 1.1 you could have "excellent" and now I removed that one.

unloading AAA is actually a nice idea, perhaps ZSU-23 placements or mounted on trucks. I have to figure out the exact unit name and place it in the CTLD script.

as a suggestion, I usually listen to what is going on over 250MHz and proceed to the front when I hear something like "enfield1, engaging bandit at bulls etcetc"

Any chance to get A4 and SU25A supported. Would fit in timeframe.

thx

the A-4E would actually fit in perfectly but I don't have the module installed, feel free to edit the mission and add client slots, it won't break anything ;)

as for the Su-25 (actually there is no A variant, it is simply Su-25 ;) ), introduction in service in '81 with production starting in '78 (as of wikipedia).

I'm tempted to add it but it appears too much of an overkill in this scenario.

unloading AAA is actually a nice idea, perhaps ZSU-23 placements or mounted on trucks. I have to figure out the exact unit name and place it in the CTLD script.

That would be great!

I will have a lot of DCS time next weekend, so just PM me if you need something tested :)

System specs:

That would be great!

I will have a lot of DCS time next weekend, so just PM me if you need something tested :)

good to know, I guess 1.3 should be coming tomorrow.

I already added ZU-23 AAA Emplacements to the CTLD script, it has been really easy and simple, I really like working with ciribob's scripts, very well written and easily extensible.

I'm also almost done with introducing CSAR missions with no interference in the CZs mechanics, had a lot of fun flying those missions yesterday.

1.3 is up!

- removed ASO-2 for RED

- added CSAR missions

- restored gun ammo on F-4E units

- added AAA crate to both coalitions, now you can deploy AAA to the frontline

- RED AI CAS now can also be a Mig-19, BLUE a C-101 (mocking A-37) or F-5

When I select the AAA unit from the ground forces menu, I do see an electrical power trailer spawn in front of me, I suppose this is a placeholder for the actual AAA unit? Anyways, I just can't seem to hook it up (assuming that I need to sling load it to the AO)

Tried hooking up while standing directly next to it and while hovering just above it, both without any luck.

(tried with the Huey)

EDIT:

Ok, I found it :doh:

I obviously had to load the unit using the CLTD menu :thumbup:

EDIT2:

I did however stumbled upon a true issue. At some point, after I got shot again by enemy planes, I spawned directly on top of one of my previous wingmans (who landed on that very same spot).

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

uploaded 1.4 yesterday

- added Strategic Targets for RED and BLUE with effects on ground war

- initial CZ status is randomized

- AI CAS and CAP are no longer scheduled. they react to events on the frontline

- fix bug with helos spawning above AI

- set mission start time to 07:00

- added dynamic AFAC interaction

this mission is now "feature complete", have fun with it as much as I had coding it and flying it.

I'm really proud of this one, turned out to be a special one.

Question, if I am playing this single player and leave the mission and come back say Tomorrow does it all reset?

You will get a new mission, not a reset.

Every restart will be different and randomized.

At the current state of things with DCS it makes no sense to persist missions as most unit info cannot be extracted after mission quit, routes cannot be restored, tasks cannot be restored and so on. They respawn statically without knowing where they were and what they were doing, like waking up On a sunday after a hangover on saturday.

I really do hope that ED gives us an API to be able to persist info in a meaningful and semantic fashion.

Edited by leonardo_c