JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Great server! I enjoy it very much. One suggestion is to remove AIM-9X and replace with 9M.

It is mostly Hornet vs Vipers now as the other airframes is at a huge disadvantage. Dogfights gets a bit dull as most players don’t survive the merge. With 9M there is a bigger chance to actually dogfight. If I fly Mirage, Tomcat or MiG-19 I can deal with 9M and R-73 but 9X is too capable. Even useing 9X myself it often ends up as a mutual kill at the merge.

Second this. Standing by for the usual „ theres no balance in real war“ -argument from certain people, but then you can skip straight to PvE if you enjoy simple one-sided action.

And as Schmidtfire mentioned, if both sides equip with 9x variants its mostly mutual assured destruction at the merge.

However its up to Flighter to decide on this, as it is his train so to say.

Regards Snappy.

Edited by Snappy

Thanks a lot CL.

Fixed...

Happening again. :(

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello there !

i'm here to report a serious cancerous player on JDF.

on guns area, i got killed by a friendly. thinked it was a mistake i didnt say nothing and moved on.

respawned…. in 10 seconds… dead again. same friendly killing me.

respawned….guess what ? again killed by same guy !

he was respawning just after me to be in shot position, then spam with his F15.

i defended few times (some times also menaged to kill him, he was quite unskilled fortunately) but he keeped waiting for me respawning, then spawning behind me and spam gun until kill…

i've the track (47mb, let me know if needed i'll upload somewhere), video (of some action) saved on nvidia shadowplay and screenshot of his negative score

https://ibb.co/vV2SnMz

(like -14 just because the game seems to count just kill shots or something like that)

i obviously suggest a ban, thats not a random error not even a random rage...was a delibetare spawn-teamkilling in the most methodical manner i ever see.

name of the fun guy is "hitman niak"

vV2SnMz

Edited by DLEGION

Hi Stuart !

Better late than never...

The WW2 planes are there again (Beta server only for now). The slots start with WW2-

Check them out and let me know if all is good !

Cheers

Awesome!! Thanks!!

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

hello there !

i'm here to report a serious cancerous player on JDF.

on guns area, i got killed by a friendly. thinked it was a mistake i didnt say nothing and moved on.

respawned…. in 10 seconds… dead again. same friendly killing me.

respawned….guess what ? again killed by same guy !

he was respawning just after me to be in shot position, then spam with his F15.

i defended few times (some times also menaged to kill him, he was quite unskilled fortunately) but he keeped waiting for me respawning, then spawning behind me and spam gun until kill…

i've the track (47mb, let me know if needed i'll upload somewhere), video (of some action) saved on nvidia shadowplay and screenshot of his negative score

https://ibb.co/vV2SnMz

(like -14 just because the game seems to count just kill shots or something like that)

i obviously suggest a ban, thats not a random error not even a random rage...was a delibetare spawn-teamkilling in the most methodical manner i ever see.

name of the fun guy is "hitman niak"

vV2SnMz

Team killing is not part of the game !

Auto kicks and temp bans on the way...

They have been warned !

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Second this. Standing by for the usual „ theres no balance in real war“ -argument from certain people, but then you can skip straight to PvE if you enjoy simple one-sided action.

And as Schmidtfire mentioned, if both sides equip with 9x variants its mostly mutual assured destruction at the merge.

However its up to Flighter to decide on this, as it is his train so to say.

Regards Snappy.

Hi guys !

I know what you mean.

I had a quick test and evading the Xs are much harder. I see your point.

Still I managed quite a good K/D (3 to 1) against mainly F16s with me flying the good ol' F15.

I suggest we leave them a bit longer and see if people learn how to defend against the Xs. It's part of the challenge !

Then we revisit the subject. I have no formed opinion at the moment.

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

The X is evadable for sure and it is a good practice to learn to evade it. But for older jets which cant carry it it is a disadvantage, because they simply cant fire an X against their opponent. Thats the only point I see. Removing them would generate more dogfighting in the missile area though, which wouldnt be a bad thing either.

I just got taken down by fox1 and fox3s, since when were those introduced? It was even better since i only had flares.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

+1 for removing the 9X.

And r73s :).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

my 2 cents…

russians r73 are insane. you can launch them at any speed and angle, and still have good chance of kill.

you cant remove r73 (theres no serious alternative).

so keep aim9x, realistically planes who have it will be the top-dogs, planes who dont have it… will probably have an harder life, but its a realistic part of having older planes.

one cant fine-tune gameplay in a game (simulation?) like this… we have to accept that some planes will be better than some others …

we (the players) can always be sporty and take same planes as opponents or just not launch aim9x/r73 at ridicolous angles against planes that dont have them...

my 2 cents…

russians r73 are insane. you can launch them at any speed and angle, and still have good chance of kill.

you cant remove r73 (theres no serious alternative).

so keep aim9x, realistically planes who have it will be the top-dogs, planes who dont have it… will probably have an harder life, but its a realistic part of having older planes.

one cant fine-tune gameplay in a game (simulation?) like this… we have to accept that some planes will be better than some others …

we (the players) can always be sporty and take same planes as opponents or just not launch aim9x/r73 at ridicolous angles against planes that dont have them...

Well said Dlegion, we are in total agreement. Especially about the being sporty part !

Still, I have temporarily activated a mission that the F16 do not have them.

I may add just 2 out of 4 missiles as Xs to the 16s and 18s.

Your opinions are appreciated !

🙂 Smile 🙂

I agree. Nobody has apologized but I would have accepted them. We are here to enjoy, not to suffer and everyone deserves a chance, so for my part all forgotten. Thanks for this server. These days I am flying with a new Hotas and it seems that I had never flown, I am very clumsy :)

:thumbup:

Thanks for rising above it atazar.

At the end if the day, especially our hobbies, is all about putting a smile to our faces.

Give your hotas a couple of days, you'll become deadly without even noticing it. It's amazing how muscle memory is built !

Enjoy your new hotas !

🙂 Smile 🙂

I just got taken down by fox1 and fox3s, since when were those introduced? It was even better since i only had flares.

Some hundred of posts ago (it was about a year ago, I think, or maybe six months) someone wrote that in this server people are allowed to land, refuel and load missiles, including the ones with radars. I don’t like that, BTW and I never do that.

Edit: I’ve found the post: #86:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3734603&postcount=86

Edited by BlackLightning
Adding a detail

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Some hundred of posts ago (it was about a year ago, I think, or maybe six months) someone wrote that in this server people are allowed to land, refuel and load missiles, including the ones with radars. I don’t like that, BTW and I never do that.

Edit: I’ve found the post: #86:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3734603&postcount=86

Hi there !

All the above is spot on.

As a side story, there is a --many years long-- bug, where the plane carriers are capable of providing any weapon if you rearm on them, even if you define their stores as empty. So at some stage we had ppl meeting AIM120s, which is a no go weapon for this server.

Either Stennis had to go or another way to control the situation was needed.

The way it was solved is by having a table of limited weapons. Passive radar types are still allowed, once you land and rearm. But only 25% (at random) are operational. 120s, 54s and Nukes are 100% "faulty" so they just do not go off.

Maybe the 9Xs move to this category (failure rate may be different). This may take the advantage off using them and still keep them in the game.

Hope this helps !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Well, you have found a good compromise, I think.

Thank you for the explanation.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

F16 not able to rearm flares, & why no 9xs?

FIrst thanks for running this amazing server. I have two things i hav to share,

1. F16s not able to rearm with flares, please check why it is(May be i am doing wrong)

2. Also why removed 9x from the game? To make it fare we should remove r73s, or keep it both.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

FIrst thanks for running this amazing server. I have two things i hav to share,

1. F16s not able to rearm with flares, please check why it is(May be i am doing wrong)

2. Also why removed 9x from the game? To make it fare we should remove r73s, or keep it both.

Hi BrokenArrow !

Thanks for your kind words.

1. I have no idea why this is happening. Most probably a bug. Will investigate and maybe report it.

2. This is a burning issue. I have not formed an opinion yet so everything goes.

A few people have commented and it's more on the side that the Xs should not be present. I do understand their point, but I also like them; kind of "learn to deal with it" approach.

Obviously a compromise is needed.

For now the following scenarios are in the polls :

- Remove them from all planes

- Remove them from F16s, leave 2 on F18s

- Leave 2 on F16s and 2 on F18s (other 2 being 9Ms)

- As above but give them a random failure rate eg 35% are failing on launch.

The random failure rate mechanism has worked fine for AIM7s and company.

Your (and everybody else's) input on this is more than welcome. Please let me know your thoughts.

Regarding the 73s, I am afraid that there is no capable alternative for the Russian fighters.

On a side-note, I THINK, that even 9Ms do slave to the helmet system, but only for the area through the HUD. This is better than nothing still giving the F16 a (fairer) advantage.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi BrokenArrow !

Thanks for your kind words.

1. I have no idea why this is happening. Most probably a bug. Will investigate and maybe report it.

2. This is a burning issue. I have not formed an opinion yet so everything goes.

A few people have commented and it's more on the side that the Xs should not be present. I do understand their point, but I also like them; kind of "learn to deal with it" approach.

Obviously a compromise is needed.

For now the following scenarios are in the polls :

- Remove them from all planes

- Remove them from F16s, leave 2 on F18s

- Leave 2 on F16s and 2 on F18s (other 2 being 9Ms)

- As above but give them a random failure rate eg 35% are failing on launch.

The random failure rate mechanism has worked fine for AIM7s and company.

Your (and everybody else's) input on this is more than welcome. Please let me know your thoughts.

Regarding the 73s, I am afraid that there is no capable alternative for the Russian fighters.

On a side-note, I THINK, that even 9Ms do slave to the helmet system, but only for the area through the HUD. This is better than nothing still giving the F16 a (fairer) advantage.

Cheers !

Thanks again for the detailed reply,

Indeed it seems to be a heated topic reading few posts. Yes 9x is very capable missiles better than 73s. Also, I believe 73s are better than 9Ms. 73s also have off bore helmet system, I feel like 73s give slightly more Bore site angle than 9ms also 73s very close range performance is much better. So there will be always one missile better than the others. So I think keeping 9x is the better choice. Because removing 9x bring advantage to planes flying 73s.

The only option i does not even understand is "Remove them from F16s, leave 2 on F18s". That absolutely does't seem fare :) and does not make any sense.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Would it be possible to have them available for aircraft in a special region? E.g., like how now there is an area for guns-only and another area for missiles + guns? Maybe the area can be one for all advanced missiles on both sides?

Failing that, I would vote for keeping them off the server (far more sporting, and that is after all why we are here).

Even when I go in the F-18 in SP, I find the Aim-9X not just that interesting to use. Removes the whole challenge ...

What happened with the labels? Almost impossible to fly the Cold War jets that don't have IFF or poor radars :(

Are you in the correct Just Dogfight server? Cause the central USA version doesn't have labels but the other one does.

I don't have labels either for some reason. Playing in VR. Last time there was a huge gun furball and I wondered how the hell people can IFF in that chaos? Am I the only one without labels or is there any other trick?