AJS37 and Sukuhmi

A10Yoda

Anyone else getting an issue with landing the Viggen at Sukuhumi?

I notice at times my rear wheels with clip under the ground causing a popped tire type landing. I also notice at times the reverse thrust will not engage even though the front wheel is down.

I am speculating it may be a water clipping issue at a low elevation of 44 feet. I don't seem to have this issue at Gadauta at 56 feet elevation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I haven't had those, but I did have a few times where the reverse thrust didn't engage despite having the handle pulled. Don't know much more than that. When I notice the jet accelerating instead of decelerating, I take off again and go around.

Note that in order for the reverse thrust to kick in the nose wheel actually must be touching the ground with some weight on it.

Right after landing this is usually not the case and you need to lower the nose first. Therefore I usually shortly hit the brakes 2 times, the nose then gently comes down and you hear the thrust reverser kick in.

Only after you hear the different sound you should go full thrust. Otherwise you risk accelerating and then the runway is probably too short and you should go around.