After the Tomcat?

carss

Considering the Jester AI and the Forrestal-class carrier being developed with this module, I've got fingers crossed for the Navy/USMC F-4 Phantom phamily, the F-4B/J/N/S. I'm also hoping for the A-6 Intruder, A, B, E, and TRAM, with an AI KA-6D to plug into. And maybe a new terrain to fly these jets over. Somewhere hot, green, and rainy.

When the Jester AI comes, i think that should allow for a lot more flyable aircraft which have multicrew, like a bomber or a tanker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Considering the Jester AI and the Forrestal-class carrier being developed with this module, I've got fingers crossed for the Navy/USMC F-4 Phantom phamily, the F-4B/J/N/S. I'm also hoping for the A-6 Intruder, A, B, E, and TRAM, with an AI KA-6D to plug into. And maybe a new terrain to fly these jets over. Somewhere hot, green, and rainy.

I also wish for the Navy version of the Phantom although since Belsimtek is working on the F-4E I think that if someone is going to create them it will be them. However what we could see is Jester AI if Heatblur really does licence it to them and they accept to implement it, which would be great although I'm not holding my breath.

The A-6 would be nice but what about a SR-71. Wouldn't that be awsome?

I also wish for the Navy version of the Phantom although since Belsimtek is working on the F-4E I think that if someone is going to create them it will be them. However what we could see is Jester AI if Heatblur really does licence it to them and they accept to implement it, which would be great although I'm not holding my breath.

An F-4J would be great, no slats, Pulse Doppler radar, full up air to ground capability and they were actually used in Vietnam.

The SR-71 might be just about the only plane not able to drop/fire a weapon that might not get boring. Most of the reports say it was a handful to fly and very difficult to master. Sounds fun.

An F-4J would be great, no slats, Pulse Doppler radar, full up air to ground capability and they were actually used in Vietnam.

The SR-71 might be just about the only plane not able to drop/fire a weapon that might not get boring. Most of the reports say it was a handful to fly and very difficult to master. Sounds fun.

The question is how effective it would be especially on the multiplayer arena. Also we might need a bigger map.

Belsimtek has already said, that they're working on their own AI and did presented some details about it: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199032

So I doubt they will become a customer of Jester AI. But maybe other 3rd parties will.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Belsimtek has already said, that they're working on their own AI and did presented some details about it: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=199032

So I doubt they will become a customer of Jester AI. But maybe other 3rd parties will.

On the update they seem to be talking specifically about the Mi-24 when they mention crew AI which makes me question if it will work on the F-4, although them being one of the biggest third party developers I would expect that they will be working or are already working in their own implementation of a RIO AI that's why I said that I'm not holding my breath.

Still there are some possibilities that they would integerate Jester AI in the F-4 if Heatblur does make an offer to them to implement it. I think it would be appealing to Belsimtek not to have to create the AI logic but just take the already existing one Heatblur has been creating for a few years by now and just tweaking it to suit the F-4. They might however prefer to do it themselves for various reasons. Also Heatblur did say they were looking to market Jester AI to third parties in the future so we don't know if they are in a position to do it yet.

Anyway that's all speculations from my part from what I have read on the updates from each company. I am just extrpolating from that and stating what is possible.

The question is how effective it would be especially on the multiplayer arena. Also we might need a bigger map.

A valid point if the main attraction of multiplayer is to see how many other people you can shoot down. That's not possible with a Blackbird unless you go the prototype YF-12, only 3 built or the never built 1980's SR mod to put an AWG-9 with AIM-54C's for anti-AWACS/Anti-Mig-31 for SIOP flying out of K. I. Sawyer.

Might be entertaining to see if you can image the target and defeat multiple humans in Su-27's and Mig-29's

A valid point if the main attraction of multiplayer is to see how many other people you can shoot down. That's not possible with a Blackbird unless you go the prototype YF-12, only 3 built or the never built 1980's SR mod to put an AWG-9 with AIM-54C's for anti-AWACS/Anti-Mig-31 for SIOP flying out of K. I. Sawyer.

Might be entertaining to see if you can image the target and defeat multiple humans in Su-27's and Mig-29's

Personally I don't mind the limited multiplayer abilities as I believe that this might actually be a plane that could be better on singleplayer than multiplayer especially if it's paired with a really good campaign. What if this was the plane that intrduced dynamic campaings. Heatblur I am giving you gold.

Was the Mig-23 brought up, I don't know if anyone brought it up, is that a possibility?

edit: nevermind, its a single seater, forgot my bad, hoping for the F-111 still :)

Well its not about it being single seat but I believe ED already announced something somewhere about a Flogger already

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

But you're gonna have to brush up your Russian for that. They did say that we shouldn't worry, they were going to keep the Flogger to themselves. The MiG-27 also, so we have a lot to look forwards to for the RED side. Maybe even this year, since there are a lot of unannounced projects planned to be released this year!?!? However, the last part is just hopeful thinking.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Personally I don't mind the limited multiplayer abilities as I believe that this might actually be a plane that could be better on singleplayer than multiplayer especially if it's paired with a really good campaign. What if this was the plane that intrduced dynamic campaings. Heatblur I am giving you gold.

Any Blackbird would be gold, A-12, SR-71.

Now real world, I flew at National TPS with Rogers Smith, the NASA SR-71 Pilot. Kick me in the ass for not pumping him for every bit of SR knowledge while I was flying with him.

Now in my defense, he let my fly the entire flight even though I was not PIC

Try not to judge me to harshly.

Well its not about it being single seat but I believe ED already announced something somewhere about a Flogger already

Heatblur did specifically say that they have plans for other multicrew jet aircraft.

Edited by QuiGon
Adjusted wording to better fit what Heatblur did say

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Heatblur did say that they're working on another multi seat jet.

Yes, that too. Plus it's a complex one. If I was to hope for something, although I'd absolutely love the F-111, how about something from Redfor like the Su-24? Or Su-30 although I guess that one's highly unlikely

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, that too. Plus it's a complex one. If I was to hope for something, although I'd absolutely love the F-111, how about something from Redfor like the Su-24? Or Su-30 although I guess that one's highly unlikely

I have to say, the Su-24 would be an awesome fit. As it would also provide the F-14 with a chance to fill it's actual role in MP scenarios - a fleet defense fighter.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Was the Mig-23 brought up, I don't know if anyone brought it up, is that a possibility?

edit: nevermind, its a single seater, forgot my bad, hoping for the F-111 still :)

Yes, it as brought up but by ED on the Russian side. They said (translation) that "Don't worry, we are not giving those to anyone" (regarding Mig-23/Mig-27).

So it sounds that ED has the plans to keep license for them in future, or want to decide what to do with those iconic airframes....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 4 weeks later...
DCS desperately needs an 80's time-frame full fidelity Soviety fighter.

That only points to either the Flanker or the Fulcrum. Or one could always add the Mig-25 or Su-24 in there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]