Mosquito plans found

Stonehouse

Possibly not new news? I came across this article from 2nd half of last year recently while doing some information searches. Apparently a forgotten cache of 22000+ engineering plans and drawings on aperture cards for the Mossie was found Sept 2017. Anyway the aircraft manufacturer (think it was Airbus) donated them to a charity which is restoring a Mosquito to flying condition. All the cards have been digitised already according to posts at http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/cache-secret-wartime-plans-discovered.html

Be nice to think of ED or a third party doing a full study sim of the Mosquito one day. Perhaps the stuff above would help.

I think VEAO was our only hope of a dcs mossie in the not too distant future, now all hope is lost. I do agree these plans will be useful for the 3d part of a dcs module, however that is the easy bit of making a full fidelity module. Great idea to link donations to sales, but I can't see anyone stepping up to do this module for at least 5 years or so.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I happen to be friends with Mr Ross Sharp, Director of Engineering & Airframe Compliance

The People's Mosquito. He's former Curator for the RAF Museum and a wealth of knowledge. Recently retired due to health issues and living in the US.

He sent me a pdf of the current Mossie Bites, The Quarterly Journal of the Mosquito Club.

Mossie Bites Issue 2 Jan17 Final.pdf

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit