Old 08-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #11
birdstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by golani79 View Post
Posted it on the bug section.

birdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #12
birdstrike

ok because of the new groundphysics by ED, and their opinion that they are fine now for the 109, imo to my surprise, i decided to create my own groundphysics which i believe are way more plausible for a taildragger, and especially for one like the 109...and to be honest, i think even they are already way way more forgiving than the real thing is i assume.

here they are. i invite every 109 jockey to try these out. they are slightly more forgiving than the previous incarnation by ED, but still its no tokio drift ride. i also welcome ED to try them to get an idea about what at least 1customer thinks is acceptable in terms of challenge vs realism.

with these settings, i managed 2 out of 2 field landings with unlocked tailwheel. runway landings are also not a problem, but both on the dirt runways and on the concrete runways of normandy, this suspicious sliding all over the place is gone now.

i didnt test it in too much detail for now, as in the cockpit view, it looked and felt believable...but i will likely have a closer look at this again in outside views, and look more closer at the tailwheel behaviour to see whether there is something dodgy going on...

the structure of this mod is already JSGME friendly for easy removal.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 109GroundHandling.zip (1.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by birdstrike; 08-17-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #13
muehlema

I gave it a short try yesterday

Two takeoffs and one landing

1. I fully blow the engine. My bad.
2. All fine here

I don't think that the ground handling is bad. Eventually the tailwheel lock was not engaged for the T/O
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E ROG STRIX | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1
muehlema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #14
birdstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by muehlema View Post
I gave it a short try yesterday

Two takeoffs and one landing

1. I fully blow the engine. My bad.
2. All fine here

I don't think that the ground handling is bad. Eventually the tailwheel lock was not engaged for the T/O
the default ground physics are lacking any friction right now. i know, i cant convince everybody, but in my opinion, the default ground physics are really really bad right now...at least for the 109.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #15
Rolds

It is horrible, here is a short video I did to show that you basically can't crash on landing anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKGZfuOOnU

I find this step back from realism, and the reasons given for it, very disappointing. If the new physics are needed for some players then please make it an option.
Rolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #16
birdstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolds View Post
It is horrible, here is a short video I did to show that you basically can't crash on landing anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKGZfuOOnU

I find this step back from realism, and the reasons given for it, very disappointing. If the new physics are needed for some players then please make it an option.

i agree with u
there are already options like take off assistance and autorudder.....so why force these dumped down physics on people who like to keep it real? i dont understand it.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:15 PM   #17
muehlema

I did a whole bunch of landings today, no issues. I cannot find anything wrong with the ground handling.

When you land, you should have the tailwheel locked and you should land on all wheels at the same time. I tend to flare it quite long until i let it settle.

I haven't tested on paved runways, as I fly normandie.
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E ROG STRIX | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1
muehlema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:34 PM   #18
Art-J+
Posting Rights Suspended

^ M. you seem to not understand what the thread is about. It's NOT about what happens when you land right, it's about what happens when you land wrong. Did you actually read the now locked thread on this subject in bugs section?

Anyway, apparently NL aked Yo-Yo to re-invesigate this aspect, so it's not like what we have now is the ultimate "right" version. For the time being the tires react very different under lateral load compared to Spitfire - we'll see if any further tweaks get implemented.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #19
David OC

The first landing shows just how much bite there is, even on this light weight aircraft. I don't mind ED pulling back a little to make it "practical" because of our physical limitations with flight simming. We just don't want to go to far and end up like that other ww2 game

Start at 2:30

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #20
iFoxRomeo

As an option in the options tab, okay. But forcing this ridiculous looking behaviour on everyone is totaly the wrong way.

I really can't believe Yo-Yo gave his ok on this.

There are enough simple FM/ground handling games one can play. DCS should not go this way.
Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote