Mustang seems now too easy to me !

CHDT

I think I've found the problem.

The DCS folder in my administrator folder stays "read only", even if I modify the setting.

Does someone know how to force the "read only" setting to get out ?

PS: "Attribute Folder" soft does not work.

Under security tab, I'm proprietary of the folder.

But this damned folder DCS stays "read only".

Edited by CHDT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's my whole Administrator folder which stays read only and it's impossible to change it.

Is there a way to force the game to put the DCS folder in my CHDT folder (which is not read only) and not in my Admin folder?

Did you install DCS under the original Program Files folder ? You shouldn't, IMO...

I always install my sims under another folder, away from systems folders.

If you're on win 7, 8, 10, then you can also lower or disable UAC: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Not sure if you can change the path but you could try to log in as admin (given that you have access to the admin account) and give the appropriate rights for the folder to your CHDT user.

I'm administrator and everytime I wipe the "read only" from my Users folders, the "read only" get back. Other usual methods already tried, without success.

Did you install DCS under the original Program Files folder ? You shouldn't, IMO...

I always install my sims under another folder, away from systems folders.

If you're on win 7, 8, 10, then you can also lower or disable UAC: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

Yes, but if I reinstall DCS on another folder, how can I be sure that DCS doesn't put back the "saved games" folder again in my administrator folder (which is read only) and not in my CHDT folder (which is readable).

Why did the last DCS patch put these files in my administrator folder ?

I can imagine that pre-patch, those files were simply in my CHDT folder, as I had no problems.

Edited by CHDT

Update: I also test the command line method to remove the "read only" of the folder, no way.

So, I used Application Mover" to move the DCS folder to a not "read only" folder. Still no torque.

So, an advice to DCS.

For the next patch, as such a problem can happen on some configs, please, please, please, let by defaut the settings of the aircraft to no aid (after patching, the aid on the P-51's is at 100). This way, guys like me will have by defaut a "no aid" aircraft and the guys without such setup problems will be able, if they want, to select aids if needed.

• ED Team

We will check the issue. Brief test shows something we will test in details. But we did not simplify it intentionally :).

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Update: I also test the command line method to remove the "read only" of the folder, no way.

So, I used Application Mover" to move the DCS folder to a not "read only" folder. Still no torque.

FWIW I have exactly the same issue as you - virtually no torque on take-off with just a gradual drift to the left at full mil. My settings have always been ok:

["P-51D"] = {

["CPLocalList"] = "default",

["assistance"] = 0,

["autoRudder"] = false,

My DCS 2 version is completely un-modded in any way. Seems like some inadvertent bug crept in as part of some recent update as this definitely was not the way it was before.

We will check the issue. Brief test shows something we will test in details. But we did not simplify it intentionally :).

Thanks for looking into it :-)

Finally, I don't think the "read only" theory is right, as if the main folder "Administrator" is read only, the DCS config files within it are not. In fact, when I change something in the game setup, the text files are correctly updated, but without effect when in the game.

FWIW I have exactly the same issue as you - virtually no torque on take-off with just a gradual drift to the left at full mil. My settings have always been ok:

["P-51D"] = {

["CPLocalList"] = "default",

["assistance"] = 0,

["autoRudder"] = false,

My DCS 2 version is completely un-modded in any way. Seems like some inadvertent bug crept in as part of some recent update as this definitely was not the way it was before.

I'm on the 1.52, not having downloaded the beta 2.0

• ED Team
Just out of curiosity Yo-Yo... something like it going into AI Mode instead of Pilot Mode ?

No, it can be 8n the physical engine code. Sometimes it happens.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Ok Yo-Yo, Thx,

I just confirmed on 1.5.2, latest release, Takeoff from Batumi. No rudder needed during the takeoff run, but as I get airborne the prop effects are active again.

Strange, in my version without right rudder Input I drift of the runway after less then 100m.

1.5.2 at Batumi

Screen_160116_233436.thumb.jpg.4163195a12c48b0d4a3a0aabc9ccdfb1.jpg

Screen_160116_233440.thumb.jpg.9d46bfb2d19fa2a31fa3f8c5dcd19cdf.jpg

Screen_160116_233441.thumb.jpg.5a653ffe76ac5d8768f3c20707883791.jpg

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any news ?

I can't wait to fly again the Mustang in DCS :-)

It's really strange ?

When I fly it in online servers ( i.e. ACG ) I get all of the effects, but when I use the quickstart situ, it's different...

Will have to check if a wind is set in that situ that might be countering the left veering ...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

When flying the quick "hot start" from Batumi with the TF-51D, still no torque and aircraft flying like some kind of helo !

When starting from the "Alamo mission", the torque is there, with all the effects.

Almost like the game changes its mind about "easy" or "realistic" settings from one mission to the other one !

PS: tested with the latest update from some minutes ago.