Mustang seems now too easy to me ! - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #141
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdylan View Post
Wow really??? I swear that I could feel the difference. The plane was pulling to the left and the rudder was more responsive it hasn't really done that in a while. Hmm........
I think it depends on the mission you are trying, doesnt happen every mission.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #142
Echo38

Has anyone having this issue checked to confirm that it isn't due to the "enforce" checkbox(es) I mentioned? AFAIK, there's no mission-editor setting for Takeoff Assistance, but there is for Game Mode et al.
Echo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #143
Cpt.Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo38 View Post
Has anyone having this issue checked to confirm that it isn't due to the "enforce" checkbox(es) I mentioned?
What options exactly do you have in mind? I haven't found any way how to edit these exact options (auto rudder and t/o assistance) in Mission Editor.
Cpt.Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #144
Echo38

Sorry, "ninja edited" my post while you were writing that, it seems. I'm specifically thinking of Game Mode. I imagine Game Mode comes with other simplifications which you might noticed, but it's worth looking at the mission in the editor just to make sure no options are being enforced, which could possibly affect this in any way.

To be clear, there are two boxes by each option--one to determine whether or not to enforce the option, and one to determine whether the option is on or off.

So, if Game Mode has "enforce" checked and "on" checked, then there's a problem. If Game Mode has "enforce" checked and "off" checked, then this option is okay. If Game Mode has "enforce" un-checked, then it shouldn't matter whether "on" or "off" is checked, as your options that you set in the Options menu from the main menu should over-ride this.
Echo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:54 PM   #145
Cpt.Rookie

Tried to play with mission editor for a while and here are the results:

All the options from mission editor are written into mission file (e.g. XXX.miz\mission). But settings for plane's auto rudder and t/o assistance are in options (XXX.miz\options). (Un)setting any mission option has therefore no influence on values in options file (to be honest, I was thinking about game mode as possible culprit too).

Values in option file are taken from mission creator's DCS settings. So the only thing needed is to turn off auto-rudder and t/o assistant, open the mission in mission editor and save it. This will propagate the values from user settings into mission settings.

This, of course, should be performed on ED side, because if user will re-save them on his own, they will be overwritten during next repair / update.

But, as mentioned earlier, despite the fact that I was able to reproduce this in some of the previous version, it seems to be fixed in most recent one.
I've exchanged few messages with OP (CHDT) and it really seems to be fixed for him as well, i.e. these mission options are now simply ignored / overridden by user's settings. But let's wait for the CHDT's confirmation here.

Edit: I tried game mode as well and yes, it makes the plane to go straight, but w/o any noticeable rudder movement. And I remember that when testing this few weeks ago, I saw that rudder was moving on its own in order to compensate all the forces.

Last edited by Cpt.Rookie; 03-02-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Cpt.Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #146
CHDT

Hi,
Will do some testing.
No time now ;-)
CHDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #147
Rlaxoxo

The issue is that on some missions the "Take off assistance" is enforced depending on the user who last saved the mission.

If he had that option enabled it will be enforced for everyone sadly ...

So it's not the P-51 dumbing down model that's nonsense
Rlaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:36 AM   #148
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
Local testers just reported me that the issue with mission editor is fixed. So please wait for the next update.
I know this thread is over 2.5 years old now. But I just wanted to take the P-51D for a ride again and noticed that it was extremely easy to take off, totally different to what I remember. Checked my settings and the TO assist was cranked up to 100 and I don't know why as I always used to have them down to 0 for all the props and I never changed those settings afterwards. Well, cranking it down didn't change anything until I came across this very thread and resaved my mission. So I I understood correctly that was the issue that supposedly had be fixed, but it's still there in 2.5.3.21444...
Old 09-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #149
NineLine
Community Manager

Will see if I can replicate and report as needed.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote