Teach a newbie some voice requirements for MP

razorseal

Hey guys,

Recently I started playing on multiplayer servers just for the dynamic fun... Thing is, Some servers require you to be on discord AND some other stuff like SRS or CGI or something. I have no idea what these are... Can you guys enlighten me a little?

I do have discord. I don't use it much, but I do have it... That's one thing.

Now how does this other stuff work? am I right to believe it interacts with DCS and you can tune freq from the comm display etc or something?

I'm going to start doing my research now, but I figured I ask first.

Thanks!

Ok, Discord is a app that operates outside of DCS, lots of groups have private Discord pages that they can use for txt and voice communication.

SRS - known as simple radio. This app operates directly with DCS by using the actual aircraft radios for communication. It’s a separate app that has to be setup and then run along with DCS simultaneously. You can find the IP address to use for connecting in most of the servers descriptions.

GCI is a person who has volunteered to act as the AWAC in game on some of the servers. They don’t all have them and it’s usually a player that has volunteered to do it. If the server had a GCI then you can communicate with them through (simple radio) the frequency is usually in the briefing screen. You can call them up ask for a bogey dope and they will steer you on to the bad guys.

Hope that helps and gets you on your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, Discord is a app that operates outside of DCS, lots of groups have private Discord pages that they can use for txt and voice communication.

SRS - known as simple radio. This app operates directly with DCS by using the actual aircraft radios for communication. It’s a separate app that has to be setup and then run along with DCS simultaneously. You can find the IP address to use for connecting in most of the servers descriptions.

GCI is a person who has volunteered to act as the AWAC in game on some of the servers. They don’t all have them and it’s usually a player that has volunteered to do it. If the server had a GCI then you can communicate with them through (simple radio) the frequency is usually in the briefing screen. You can call them up ask for a bogey dope and they will steer you on to the bad guys.

Hope that helps and gets you on your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see... Thanks! Started researching SRS.... It seems I'm not the only one who says this should be an ingame feature. I'm going to have to set that up and figure out how to use it.

Thanks!