F18 Keybinds after 07/18/18 Update

=4c=Nikola

Don't think the TDC-axis has been "released" for F-18 yet. I've been unable to assign it since the module came out.

Well, I use an X-55 and before yesterday I was able to directly bind TDC to the ministick on the throttle (the mouse-like one) in the axis assign page, without using the Saitek software.:huh:

From yesterday update the TDC line in the axis assign page is not selectable anymore.

Strange...

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I use an X-55 and before yesterday I was able to directly bind TDC to the ministick on the throttle (the mouse-like one) in the axis assign page, without using the Saitek software.:huh:

From yesterday update the TDC line in the axis assign page is not selectable anymore.

Strange...

Just tested myself, TDC slew worked fine on loading aircraft (though i had updated my binding files as a previous post said to). TDC slew also does look bindable to me (not greyed out), but i didn't actually try for fear of breaking it.

These are "Throttle Designator Controller - Horizontal Axis" and "... - Vertical Axis" that bound.

Custom joystick job though, just an arduino powering it.

Edited by Gorgok
Clarify the binding.

Too bad i read this too late, rebinded them, took les than 5 minutes rebinding those missing, fresh save profiles and voilà. Was faster to rebind them that read this entire thread.

Just confirming that a re-bind has no ill effect? I’d rather just remap than dive into file editing. Thanks!

Just tested myself, TDC slew worked fine on loading aircraft (though i had updated my binding files as a previous post said to). TDC slew also does look bindable to me (not greyed out), but i didn't actually try for fear of breaking it.

These are "Throttle Designator Controller - Horizontal Axis" and "... - Vertical Axis" that bound.

TDC is unbound, but the greyed out column is not the one you wanted, the axis are there for it and it works fine.

Got it! I'll check this evening.

Thanks guys!

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

Think I found a solution.

And to add... it would have made much more sense to just use device 13 for the new NVGs. Then backwards compatibility would have been maintained, there would have been no unused device id, and NVG support would still work.

Thanks for this quick find abelian! I was going to compare .lua files between old and new to find the culprit and fortunately you beat me to it. It would have taken me a while before I looked into "devices.lua"!

I think the fix you propose is safe and will not cause problems going forward.

The developer probably didn't realize what he did to us when he removed the duplicate. He should have left it there with a comment. It wouldn't have done any harm. And the shift of the references after 38 could have caused problems for other developers.

PS: I saw you used the IMGUR site for file comparison, and you are probably happy with that. I use the Compare function in Notepad++ (under Plugins) which is very quick and effective. Does the IMGUR functionality have advantages over Notepad++?

Edit: A word of caution though: the replacement of "cd38" with "cd13" will only fix bindings for buttons that are on the F-18's throttle or stick. I have mapped buttons from other F-18C devices to stick, throttle and button box, and some of these devices have references > 38. For example, the RADAR device was 43 and is now 42. So, rather than trying to find and fix all these references, I have decided to re-create my .diff.lua files by re-doing all bindings.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Confirming, a lot of keybinds don't work for me. For instance I had to rebind the commands for extending and retracting the speedbrake as well as opening the comm menu, yet flaps, gear and refueling probe bindings were completely unaffected and continued to work.

This is one reason I do like CH manager keybindings when it's playing nice with win 10. Going to miss it when I change to a VKB stick.:cry:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Is there a fix, for this issue ?

Thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Is there a fix, for this issue ?

Thanks

to be honest, on my side, took me 5 minutes to redo those that disapeared and 10-15 minutes reading all the threads and post about it trying to find a fix or ever 24 hours the time it takes to wait to see smeone coming up with a fix... i let you guess which is faster. I was just too impatient to wait for it so i had to redo them, and save back all Profiles After as latest 2.5.2 patch, we never know. :)

Edited by Doum76

You're right, actually

Thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That's what I eventually did anyway as I realized this will probably happen again. I'm just glad it didn't affect my other modules. Then it would have taken much longer.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

That's what I eventually did anyway as I realized this will probably happen again. I'm just glad it didn't affect my other modules. Then it would have taken much longer.

It's less a pain when it's a fresh aircraft, since we mostly flight it a lot now and it's new, all bindinds are mostly fresh in our minds, i wouldn't find it as funny if for exemple it happened to the Harrier which i haven't flown since the Hornet came out, lots of bindings i forgot, so redoing them would had been a bit more tricky.

It's not an issue that should be fixed.

During development stuff changes which affects config files, and this means the existing ones have to be replaced. Attempting to merge a user's custom configs with new ones (either during the update or manually) is prone to errors, which would make identifying actual problems much more difficult.

Best advice is to leave controller default as much as possible, and do the remapping (both keybinding and curves etc.) in the respective profiling software. Takes a bit of effort, but is far more robust.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

It's not an issue that should be fixed.

During development stuff changes which affects config files, and this means the existing ones have to be replaced. Attempting to merge a user's custom configs with new ones (either during the update or manually) is prone to errors, which would make identifying actual problems much more difficult.

Best advice is to leave controller default as much as possible, and do the remapping (both keybinding and curves etc.) in the respective profiling software. Takes a bit of effort, but is far more robust.

It might be, but ever since i bought DCS in 2010, that is the first time i reacall ever loading a Saved Profile doesn't work, so it's not that commun it cause issues. So the few many times it happens, we won'T be yelling at ED for this as you said, it's part of the deal and evolution of a constant updating game, specialy when new features are being implemented requesting new bindings added.

Not wanting to wade through another 12 pages of forum to find an answer to be honest, but same issues here as I read the first 3 pages. Cannot fire cannon, greyed out cannot bind.

Any answers, news or fix info please☺?

Not wanting to wade through another 12 pages of forum to find an answer to be honest, but same issues here as I read the first 3 pages. Cannot fire cannon, greyed out cannot bind.

Any answers, news or fix info please☺?

I would just rebind everything. The fix is a lua file change a few posts up if you want to go that route. But if you didn't save your profile from before, you may as well rebind.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I would just rebind everything. The fix is a lua file change a few posts up if you want to go that route. But if you didn't save your profile from before, you may as well rebind.

Well, if it's something that easy to do, why haven't we heard this from an official?

No clue there is always strange bugs on open beta if you look in the bugs section there is even one related to radar that several people have experienced with no official word either.

Try the fix posted in the thread a few pages back but people report not being able to load profiles into the game since 2010.

It's an alpha release still and as systems get added controls will change, part of running the beta release and I'm sure that this will happen again as systems get added/modified.

Does fix get applied prior to update or after update I'm not disputing the fact that errors will pop up. I would just like to have someone from the ED team tell us that the fix we have works and will not corrupt anything else. Not from one of the members, someone from the Developers Team...because this has to have been affecting them (the testers) as well. It's gotta be annoying for them as well....so if someone says they have the fix...please, ED, acknowledge that this will work or not work either way...would it take that much time to chime in here?

I really don't get why you all go batshit crazy here... early access is not a finished product and subject to change. It's not even close. We all jumped willingly straight into the punjistick called beta. If it was my project, I couldn't care less about this thread or similar one's until my product is finished and tbh I wouldn't care here as well, if it weren't for the fact that this topic pops up 20times a day on my feed.... relax, sit it out, swallow it, whatever floats your boat but don't stress so much about minor, not gamebreaking issues. Please.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk