I do not know how to start

I'm new in this game/simulation and I'm on mission 2, but I do not know how to start.

I'm in parking area and start up my F-15......and now? What should i do? The Aircraft in front of me doesn't move.

I try to contact ground crew and ATC, but I'm confused...

Could someone tell me the exact procedure (radio communications and so on) to get to the take-off phase?

Another question, in this campaign should you know how to use bulleye?

how to take off / fly / land / use the weapon systems I'm studying them in the digital manuals, but as for the radio communications to be done to start the mission I did not find anything.

Thank you very much and excuse me my english (I'm from Italy:))

Firstly hello and welcome to DCS, I'm relatively new here myself.

Secondly (and I know this sounds obnoxious and I really don't mean it that way but its text form so...) there are plenty of guides to help you start up DCS aircraft on Youtube / online.

The manual does tell you how to start up on page 139 although it doesn't tell you to turn the electrics on, however startup procedure is almost identical for all FC3 level aircraft and is explained in the SU-25T training mission.

To save you some time.

Nav lights RCtrl + L

Close Canopy LCtrl + C

Electrics / battery RShift + L

Electrics / radio are working at this point you should be able to communicate using either the # key (Euro keyboard) or the ¬ key (American keyboard). F-15C you don't need to worry about frequency, simply press F5 to communicate with the ATC and select the option you want.

You will hear at this point UZI 2-1 perform a radio check. Respond to Uzi 2-1 using the Radio menu then press F10 and then copy. The F10 menu will be used a lot get used to it as it changes as required.

You don't need to wait for the radio check before starting you engines. In fact I recommend doing it before the script gets that far.

Left engine start RAlt + Home - wait for a little bit of spool up.

Right engine start RCtrl + Home

At this point the F-15 will be good to go. Uzi 2-1 will communicate with the tower and start to taxi. Follow him to runway 3R and ignore any ATC instructions they give you as sometimes it can take ages for you to get permission to taxi if there are AI birds rolling around.

Bullseye is not required for this campaign. Waypoint 10 is effectively Bulls once you get onto the combat missions and you at no point receive any instructions giving you positions from it in this campaign.

Good luck with the campaign.

Edited by Hatefury

• 2 months later...

@Hatefury

I believe the OP was talking about how to start the mission. He had his bird started up and ready to go.

The instruction from the Uzi 2 is to "follow him". I can say for the initial engagement that he doesn't move even if you taxi right up behind him. What he will do is follow you to the active and take off after you.

So in this respect the instructions are a little misleading. I am not sure if this is a result of a recent update.

I had worked through the F-5 campaigns and the instructor did have you follow him in those (and it worked)

I just played this mission last night and proceeding to the active runway on your own and taking off is the way to go. Uzi 2 will catch up :)