F-5E Dynamic Campaign: Desert Tiger 76

MBot

Hi everyone

I have exactly the same problem as this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3010013&postcount=354

I followed the installation procedure: Missionscripting edit , DCS run as administrator and the log path seems good.

Any idea ?

I got the same problem on 1.01. No debriefing.txt pop up, only cmd window shows for a moment and disappear. If I finish the flight twice (even without jet start up), it says something about I successfully completed the campaign.

However, previous version worked just fine, did 4 or 5 flights without any probs.

Edited by ZMEY-HS-

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same problem on 1.01. No debriefing.txt pop up, only cmd window shows for a moment and disappear. If I finish the flight twice (even without jet start up), it says something about I successfully completed the campaign.

However, previous version worked just fine, did 4 or 5 flights without any probs.

Have you checked your missionscripting.lua if theses two lines are (still) commented out?

2. Open the file "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua". Add two minus signs in front of line 16 "sanitizeModule('os')" and line 17 "sanitizeModule('io')". The code block from line 16 to line 20 should then look like this:

--sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

The last time I had this problem I Launched a new campaign with the Firstmission.bat file under "Desert Tiger 76" folder...

Did you look at this ?

1. Open the file "Desert Tiger 76\Init\camp_init.lua"

2. Find the variable "log_path" and change it as appropriate.

3. Execute FirstMission.bat to generate a new fist mission.

• Like 1

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Those that are having problems with the command window only popping up shortly and no debrief screen, please do the following: Place the attached DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat in the campaign folder (where the other bat files are) and execute it. You should now see an error message that is lasting. Make a screenshot and post it, I can then have a look at it. Thanks.

DEBUG_DebriefMission.zip

Those that are having problems with the command window only popping up shortly and no debrief screen, please do the following: Place the attached DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat in the campaign folder (where the other bat files are) and execute it. You should now see an error message that is lasting. Make a screenshot and post it, I can then have a look at it. Thanks.

Done.

Thanks Mbot

1828368702_Capturedcran(4).thumb.png.98660bc19ebd556c4bc0a3b03d10a5f5.png

Done.

Thanks Mbot

Ok, we probably have a little versions mix up here. I suspect you have already updated to to v1.01 but didn't play any 1.01 mission yet? In which case the DEBUG applies new 1.01 code to a failed 1.0 debriefing, which generates a completely new error. Please play a new mission again (just a few seconds, then end). I suspect the debriefing will fail as previously. Then run the DEBUG bat again and we should now see the true error.

Edit: Forget about that, see below.

Edited by MBot

Doh, I made a thought mistake. You have to generate a new first mission and restart the campaign when updating to 1.01 (and I also should have regenerated a new first mission when packing up the 1.01 zip). There is nothing wrong with the code, I just didn't think that trough correctly. I will update the first post with a v1.01b (no new download required, everyone can just re-generate the first mission themselves).

Sorry about that.

Edited by MBot

thanks for your reply Shavik, I don't know how to open a file as administrator. I know how to start the game as such but not to open a file. I am on win 7 :)

I don't have that choice when I right clic on the file nor on the properties its' not there.

Hi just a gentle reminder that I still can't find the option to run a file or a folder as administrator. I can run the game or a program but not a file.

Any help will be appreciate

Hi just a gentle reminder that I still can't find the option to run a file or a folder as administrator. I can run the game or a program but not a file.

Any help will be appreciate

You would run your text editor as admin. You don't actually "run" the text file. You run the text editor which "opens" and "writes" to the file.

Hope this helps clear it up. Cheers.

Doh, I made a thought mistake. You have to generate a new first mission and restart the campaign when updating to 1.01 (and I also should have regenerated a new first mission when packing up the 1.01 zip). There is nothing wrong with the code, I just didn't think that trough correctly. I will update the first post with a v1.01b (no new download required, everyone can just re-generate the first mission themselves).

Sorry about that.

You are a boss, It works now :thumbup:

I reinstalled the campaign and I generated a new first mission before playing.

Did you apply those modifications :

""Open the file "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua". Add two minus signs in front of line 16 "sanitizeModule('os')" and line 17 "sanitizeModule('io')". The code block from line 16 to line 20 should then look like this:

--sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

This modification has to be repeated after each update of DCS World 2 OpenAlpha, as each update reverts the file back to its original state.""

(In the readme.txt)

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Anyone else running into an issue where they can't get into the jets? You join the slot but you are unable to actually enter the jet. We tried on 2 separate people hosting and no luck.

I have been having this problem as well, tried with 2 different people hosting, the host can get into their aircraft but the other player cannot.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Tried it a number of times and have followed both the readme and the suggestions on this thread but to no avail