Patriot

Hi!

I tried to make my first panel for A-10C, AHCP:

zexo3bt.jpg

rbum0vE.png

cKiITb7.png

But it did not look very well, and I remake the front panel:

dmPro86L8xs.jpg

This panel without backlight. But I want add it in panel, approximately this scheme:

0FEtRAG.png

For connect to the game, I use DCS-BIOS with arduino.

Edited by Patriot

My cockpit A-10C

Строю кокпит A-10C

i7 7700k, 32Gb RAM, SSD NVMe, GTX 1080, Hotas Warthog, HTC Vive.

-----------------

With love from Russia

Sharp PCB on CNC for backlight:

YUGxeNk.jpg

Tomorrow or the next day completed yet light.

For plate use:

1) Aluminium plate 2 mm

2) PCB 1 mm

3) Polyvinyl chloride panels (how right in English?) 4mm (or without PCB 5mm)

4) Milky acrylic glass 2 mm

I cut acrylic panel on CNC, and then painted in black. When the paint has dried on it label engraved depth of 0.1 mm.

Sorry, for my English :)

My cockpit A-10C

Строю кокпит A-10C

-----------------

With love from Russia

Very interesting...

I wonder if the Middle Plate (4mm) will sit well on the PCB layer since the SMD LEDs don't seen to have a clearance hole.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

What?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Looks excelent! Keep up the good work

My rig specs:

• 4 weeks later...
Nice! So the white acrylic is defusing the LED?

Yes:)

How I can control LEDs with arduino for caution panel? I find microchip MAX7219, but I have example only with 8x8 matrix, and in panel used 4x12 LEDs.

My cockpit A-10C

Строю кокпит A-10C

-----------------

With love from Russia

Yes:)

How I can control LEDs with arduino for caution panel? I find microchip MAX7219, but I have example only with 8x8 matrix, and in panel used 4x12 LEDs.

You can use addressable LED's like WS2812 - then you only need 1 output pin on the arduino and can have hundreds of LED's.

The MAX7219 supports up to 8 rows and up to 8 columns, so it cannot do a 4x12 matrix. However, just because the LEDs are physically arranged in a 4x12 configuration does not mean you have to do the same electrically. For example, you could split the physical columns in the middle and make a matrix with 8 columns and 6 rows like this:

995bc62e-811c-426d-8a04-2659424c2fe0.png

You can use addressable LED's like WS2812 - then you only need 1 output pin on the arduino and can have hundreds of LED's.

I just started playing wih the WS2812B and I am just amazed at what I can make them do using just one pin. I already have a small strip in the cockpit for the intercom panel. All the labels are green however when you mute one of the vol controls the label turns red to identify it visually..

I'm also going to use them to simulate an engine fire on either side of my seat.:thumbup:

I love those things.:pilotfly:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I just started playing wih the WS2812B and I am just amazed at what I can make them do using just one pin. I already have a small strip in the cockpit for the intercom panel. All the labels are green however when you mute one of the vol controls the label turns red to identify it visually..

I'm also going to use them to simulate an engine fire on either side of my seat.:thumbup:

I love those things.:pilotfly:

Yes, they are nice. What you actually do is building a low resolution RGB display

Slightly off topic, but here are two examples of what can be accomplished with just an arduino and a few addressable LED's:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

P.S Sorry for the music and noise in the second video, but it was used at a school disco for 7-10 year old kids :smilewink:

By the way, it doesn't have to be RGB. If you use the WS2811 controller you can have three singe color led (of whatever color) connected.

WS2812 is as LED with the WS2811 built in.

Edited by BravoYankee4
Added comment about WS2811

I ultimately used Tigersharks example. It worked exactly as it should.

Do a search for Tigersharks CLP matrix. He wrote a nice tutorial.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Hey Patriot nice panel!

I was wondering what are the measurements on the power panel. Thanks

"measurements" - You mean dimension? In attachment schemes for Back- Middle- and Front-panels for ArtCam 2011. And only for backplate in format DXF.

ElectricalPower.zip

My cockpit A-10C

Строю кокпит A-10C

-----------------

With love from Russia

Hey Patriot :)

At first: very nice work!

The LCD you posted for the CDU? Where did you git it from?

Greetings Wayan

Yes, its for CDU.

Buy on aliexpress: http://ru.aliexpress.com/item/3-5-inch-TFT-Touch-LCD-Screen-Display-Module-For-Arduino-UNO-R3-HIGH-QUALITY-Free/1854595985.html

+ Arduino DUE for control.

My cockpit A-10C

Строю кокпит A-10C

-----------------

With love from Russia