wild life and civilians

allmighty1

probably been asked before but more wildlife.

heards of goats and deer

whales and dolphins

civilians. this could get interesting for evacuations and refugee simulating

camals especialy for Persian gulf area maps in the future as they are aggressive and attack vehicals if they get too close.

it would also be cool to spook wild life when theres loud events like explosions, shooting and passing aircraft like low level flying jets

+1 to having a couple of civilian units for evac / rescue simulations etc

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Not too fussed about animals, but a few place-able blocks of civilians standing as groups (think airshow crowd, but people milling) with:

Simple animation (like the soldiers when they stand still)

A hit box & a 'life'

but

no collision box, &

no AI

for populating streets and markets in COIN missions inside cities would add to the SIM I think.

If they're invisible to AI and have no collision box, they don't add too many extra calcs or accidentally trap troops and tanks, but if they have a life and can die, then the player can be penalised for targeting them.

Then you could force players to ID targets, not just target anything with legs

Cheers.

Civilians would be a seriously important addition. After all, that's one of the major limitations to air power in the real world, trying to avoid civilian casualties. It could be used to add extra challenges to missions, if you have to strike a target without harming nearby civilians. Suddenly the 30m CEP for a JDAM starts to look a lot more iffy when there are civilians in a nearby building.

One potential problem might how they would fit within the existing factions system, though. Currently they would have to be either Red or Blue, and I'm not sure that either choice makes sense for the sorts of scenarios where civilians would be used.

It's called Prepard3d and Orbyx. I understand the desire but lets keep DCS first and foremost a military simulator.

No more unneeded eye candy which uses cycles,memory and dev time.. Took forever to get the stutter out of the guns every time you pulled the trigger. Seems when the programmers finally give us some breathing room that can be spent on more ai, better models, weather etc, it is quickly gobbled up by stuff like this. If added PLEASE make it optional.

My computer already starts groaning if I even look at the VR goggles. I mean really if I had to choose betreen some goats or deer or more ai or ...well anything, I will choose,.... anything else.

Edited by JIMJAM

Civilians would be a seriously important addition. After all, that's one of the major limitations to air power in the real world, trying to avoid civilian casualties. It could be used to add extra challenges to missions, if you have to strike a target without harming nearby civilians. Suddenly the 30m CEP for a JDAM starts to look a lot more iffy when there are civilians in a nearby building.

One potential problem might how they would fit within the existing factions system, though. Currently they would have to be either Red or Blue, and I'm not sure that either choice makes sense for the sorts of scenarios where civilians would be used.

that's where I'm getting at. they have to be red or blue as there is neutral.

It's called Prepard3d and Orbyx. I understand the desire but lets keep DCS first and foremost a military simulator.

No more unneeded eye candy which uses cycles,memory and dev time.. Took forever to get the stutter out of the guns every time you pulled the trigger. Seems when the programmers finally give us some breathing room that can be spent on more ai, better models, weather etc, it is quickly gobbled up by stuff like this. If added PLEASE make it optional.

My computer already starts groaning if I even look at the VR goggles. I mean really if I had to choose betreen some goats or deer or more ai or ...well anything, I will choose,.... anything else.

spooked wildlife is a red flag for human activity. the military def watches out for it. the whales and dolphins is for more eye candy though.