DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Ok tried ang got 205 av8 files...but throttle controls are not working correctly....

- flaps

- pinky switch

- boat switch

- apu start switch

all of this commands operates sensor select switch.....the joystick is working as illustrated on the mapping scheme

i have custom lua installed and =1 in the settings......but i tried also with off and nothing changed...

Anyway don't hurry, i am reporting only because you could find the issues.....i solved manually mapping missing assignments in DCS input screen..

Sounds like it still might be the 2.04 code. I would force a full update to fix it. It appears as if my server was not playing well when you did the last update prior to manually adjusting the file. I'm also looking into other hosting solutions, but my schedule has not been conducive to my recreational activities.

Hi Home Fries.

Sorry if my questions are too basic.

My problem with the Harrier is the TDC. The slew control is crazy. Moves and dissapears, and is too fast. Its impossible (for me) to lock anything.

It is possible to slow it? What file should I edit? I tried inside the sim but no luck. Is it normal?

The same happens with the KA50 Shkval. I have to disable it, because the movement is too irregular and fast. I tried some curves and axix values, but its the same. Maybe the TARGET profiles disable the sim .lua settings for the axes?

Tnx.

You're welcome to add curves to the TDC axes (any of them). I normally keep all axes straight so people can tweak them to their liking (exception: throttle, which I match to the afterburner detent whenever possible). The other thing is to invert the AV-8B TDC Y axis so that it slews in the right direction with the TPOD. This will be corrected in the next version.

Sounds like it still might be the 2.04 code. I would force a full update to fix it. It appears as if my server was not playing well when you did the last update prior to manually adjusting the file. I'm also looking into other hosting solutions, but my schedule has not been conducive to my recreational activities.

Today i tried a reinstall (deleted the old target profiles directory) but no joy....i got the correct version 205 (but also yesterday i did) but when loading the diff files in game i got the sensor select switch where should be other things.....

with 204 it was working quite well

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I’ll try it with a new install and see how I do.

OK thanks...in the meanwhile i have a very good news....i managed to solve my warthog issues.....i noticed a problem with the usb ports i were using (pci express usb 3 card)...long story short....i changed to mainboard usb 3 ports....and wow.....al disappeared......

So i can confirm now that the mfd were working good...but probably electrical dispersion problems were causing the throttle to not behave correctly in regard to leds managing....

So back on AV8B studying.......: i feel so stupid for not having tried before lol:

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Ok, the problem is on my end, at least for Warthog users. I didn't include the properly updated diff.lua. I have updated the diff.luas, so go ahead and run a normal update. Same for Cougar users - I went ahead and inverted the TDC Y axis on both versions now that the TPOD works with the analog axis.

Ok, the problem is on my end, at least for Warthog users. I didn't include the properly updated diff.lua. I have updated the diff.luas, so go ahead and run a normal update. Same for Cougar users - I went ahead and inverted the TDC Y axis on both versions now that the TPOD works with the analog axis.
Great news....will update this night back home... thanks

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok now the diff files are ok...loaded and it works well.

But now that the lighting part of the profiles is working well on my end i noticed that the av8b profile don't manage the lighting part...is it still a work in progress?I mean lights on when i start the engines and lights off when i turn it off....and day/night differences....i tried in the A10c profile and it worked..

Thanks again

Hi guys. Been eyeing this thing for awhile. Finally giving it a go. Just using it for the F-5E right now. Everything seems to be working ok except the "Trigger Zoom" toggle for the trigger. Can't figure out what I'm not doing. Didn't set something up right I guess. Any help? Thanks guys.

Well folks, not sure what up but the "Trigger Zoom" is working now. Maybe the "wine factor" was too great during setup and test or, more likely, the "retard factor" too great. Lol! At any rate, kudos to Home Fries! What a great piece of software. Really neat. Can't wait to try it on some other modules. Thanks HF!!

Hi Chicki, and thanks for the compliment.

For TriggerZoom, it isn't automatically activated. To toggle the feature, the logical gear state of the profile must be up (i.e. you're in the air with the gear raised), and then to toggle the feature you need to tap S3+TG1. You will then see the LMFD LED2 start flashing, indicating that TriggerZoom is active. At that point, when you hold down TG1, you will get the zoom, and zoom out (or zoom normal if you choose that option) once TG1 is released. S3+TG1 again (or gear down) will disable the feature on demand.

Hey pal. Thanks for your reply. Glad you did as I was losing my mind. Think I figured it out after you mentioned the gear logic. I was NOT using the script to raise the gear. Using my shiny gear handle in my pit that I so proudly constructed myself. I guess when the zoom worked for me I had used the script to raise the gear just to see if it worked. Then, when I went back to the gear handle, obviously, the zoom wouldn't work. Lol. Whatta dummy. Shoot, the gear WAS up! What the hey?!. Heehee. I always understood that it was a toggle via the "shift" S3 button. Just wouldn't work without the script being aware of the gear being up. At least, I'm hoping this is the case. Seems to be working. Sure is a cool feature. Thanks again for your reply and the script! Take care.

I have a problem...

I made a clean install and after putting all the folders where they should, as suggested in the setup guide PDF, when I start the program ( starting the script) I recive a Runtime error... this is all the text appearing in the Target program:

" Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:

1: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

2: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

3: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"

4: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"

USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\6&E2BEB3E&0&1) selected

USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\6&2ADDCFDE&0&4) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\6&E2BEB3E&0&4) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\6&2ADDCFDE&0&1) selected

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Script stopped!

Done

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 515 in "F:\TM Warthog DCS Profiles\DCS_World.tmc"

Error: Script run timed out!

"

Any idea why and any suggestion as how to solve it ?

Thanks !

Yesterday I tried like 3-4 times to start it and always received same error.

EDIT: my TARGET version is v3.0.16.615 v2, and I tried just right now and it run....

Strange to say the least !

Edited by Swiso

Hello, it's me again. I found something really strange about Gun Arm in Mirage 2000C. When clicking on the switch with the mouse in the cockpit, the switch works as intended: UP stands for guns armed, while down stands for guns safe. When using the assigned switch on the HOTAS, instead, the switch moves correctly up and down in the cockpit, but even when safe the guns are still fired pressing the trigger on the joystick. I wonder if this is something related to the profile or a bug of the Mirage 2000C itself...

Hey Home,

I was wondering if you had a chance to look at this.

Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like a module bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191194

Edited by Lorthirk
Added reference to module bug

+1

Yes please support VIACOM PRO. :thumbup:

Maybe you can give us some advice on how to use VIACOM PRO from your fantastic TARGET software. :helpsmilie:

Thanks.

+1 for official support.

I hacked up my solution for the time being, using the A-10C. I have the attached customization in my CTS lib (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\TARGET Profiles\DCS\Modules\DCS_A10C.tmc.

I commented out complex comms, and forced simple comms.

Then, in Voice Attack, you can configure the mic switch buttons to use the right mic switch buttons. I'm using Mic Sw Up for Intercom.

A-10C-Comms.PNG.0200048f829bd7db0dcdb44055fa325c.PNG

+1 for official support.

I hacked up my solution for the time being, using the A-10C. I have the attached customization in my CTS lib (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\TARGET Profiles\DCS\Modules\DCS_A10C.tmc.

I commented out complex comms, and forced simple comms.

Then, in Voice Attack, you can configure the mic switch buttons to use the right mic switch buttons. I'm using Mic Sw Up for Intercom.

You're in luck. VAICOM Pro has been integrated into the next build. It's still under heavy testing, and I probably won't have anything ready until mid April, but it is there and it's designed to use the complex comms.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there. I just bought Thrustmaster MFDs, so I began testing them with the Mirage. First thing I noticed is that the Formation Lights ON switch has no keyboard binding, thus is not working on the MFD. Dim and Off works fine.

EDIT: now that I know the plane a little better since I've been flying it for a few months I plan to do a full review of the Mirage scheme, so I can report any other issue I may encounter.

Edited by Lorthirk