My Home vr helo setup

Hey guys I’ve been drooling over some of the sipmpits I see here but being a mobile person how likes haveing everything with him I live in one of two TVs both 08 models ones the base camp is a 35-40 toybox fifth wheel the mobile camp is a 35’ super c Motorhome. So no permanent simpit at this time. I ordered the pro flight trainer puma for Christmas and my birthday in January like most single men of means will do. Late I was looking for a seat for it and I saw sportsman guide had there blind chair on sale and order one sent to the base camp and forgot about it. In some views it looks similar to the Huey front seats except that this chair is swivel and folds up for storage and transportation. I can wait until my JetSeat arrives in transit now and everything will be set the puma , JetSeat, rift, and guide gear blind chair I have my helo sim pit pictured below, just wish I had room for all four pits setup in a compass rose around the seat the helo pit, a ga pit using my saitek yoke throttles and pedals mounted to a wheel stand pro, a fighter pit using a new wasp wharthog with vkb gunfighter 2 pro with extension and a mcg pro grip and vkb pedals and vkb tecs when released then last pit would be the auto pit using an old madcatz steering wheel, shifter and brake excellorator pedals. I think with the wire running to the seat for the rift and hopefully leap motion device, and then each sim pit’s controllers running to the pc and I’m using a Acer predator 17x laptop with great results for running my sim.

Boys can only dream but here’s the helo pit as setup today in the Motorhome please excuse the mess in the background in transition from the Motorhome to the fifth wheel. You say use the toybox for layout out the sim that doesn’t work for several reason one it’s my reloading room, no tv, no heat/air and not wide enough.

9D16FB08-D329-4F8A-88B3-7D4C67966748.thumb.jpeg.7fb248f3ce33818338d5897d8b1e53e0.jpeg

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hey guys I’ve been drooling over some of the sipmpits I see here but being a mobile person how likes haveing everything with him I live in one of two TVs both 08 models ones the base camp is a 35-40 toybox fifth wheel the mobile camp is a 35’ super c Motorhome. So no permanent simpit at this time. I ordered the pro flight trainer puma for Christmas and my birthday in January like most single men of means will do. Late I was looking for a seat for it and I saw sportsman guide had there blind chair on sale and order one sent to the base camp and forgot about it. In some views it looks similar to the Huey front seats except that this chair is swivel and folds up for storage and transportation. I can wait until my JetSeat arrives in transit now and everything will be set the puma , JetSeat, rift, and guide gear blind chair I have my helo sim pit pictured below, just wish I had room for all four pits setup in a compass rose around the seat the helo pit, a ga pit using my saitek yoke throttles and pedals mounted to a wheel stand pro, a fighter pit using a new wasp wharthog with vkb gunfighter 2 pro with extension and a mcg pro grip and vkb pedals and vkb tecs when released then last pit would be the auto pit using an old madcatz steering wheel, shifter and brake excellorator pedals. I think with the wire running to the seat for the rift and hopefully leap motion device, and then each sim pit’s controllers running to the pc and I’m using a Acer predator 17x laptop with great results for running my sim.

Boys can only dream but here’s the helo pit as setup today in the Motorhome please excuse the mess in the background in transition from the Motorhome to the fifth wheel. You say use the toybox for layout out the sim that doesn’t work for several reason one it’s my reloading room, no tv, no heat/air and not wide enough.

Awesome looking setup :thumbup:

Marc..

We had a failure in the simpit today the guide chair collapsed under my weight today i thought it was rated but eventually it wasn’t. I have a better larger guide chair that I’m going to try next probably should have been using it all along but forgot i had it with me in the beginning. Ill send an updated shot soon.

P.s. also the oculus rift remote control will not work in dcs native i guess that since its not a popular item or be out long that the dcs code doesn’t look for it which is a same i think it might be the in between item to manipulate the cockpit switches, knobs and buttons until a hand based with or with glove can be found. It small lightweight and just five areas over interest three button areas behind the jog wheel with a center button if you could use your vfr hmd to get the cursor in the range of the item you wish to interact with then use the remote to manipulate the item. Like i said smaller than a cell phone thin and light weight with a lanyard just drop let it dangle out of the way until needed then flip it in to your hand for use. Much smaller lighter than the big oculus controllers.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.