The Battle Simulator by The Fighter Collection

Raven68

A specific 1 engined lightweight multirole USAF fighter , a specfic rotary attack helicopter and some new maps, Potentially also coming to DCS i would think if its being mentioned on TBS. ( professional/ Military grade version of DCS):

"The Battle Simulator (TBS) is a networked, multi-purpose combat simulation environment that encompasses tactical and procedural training in a highly realistic environment. The simulation focus of TBS is on fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft that currently include the A-10A, A-10C, F-15C, Su-25, Su-25T, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29, L-39C/ZA, and the Ka-50. Other aircraft are in development such as the F-16, F/A-18, and AH-64. Additional aircraft can be developed based on client needs. TBS also includes the ability to direct land and naval forces and operate as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) from a first person perspective. All of this is seamlessly integrated in a common network environment."

"TBS allows the import of multiple theater map environments. The Black Sea region map consists of the western Caucasus and includes much of Georgia. The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) has the largest contiguous air and ground space available for peacetime military operations in the free world. Other map environments are also in development that include the Strait of Hormuz, Afghanistan, Syria, and Crimea."

:music_whistling:

http://www.thebattlesim.com/

Already used for training military, unfortunately military is a bit picky when it comes to access for anybody to accurately modeled classified stuff.

So unless we get an alien invasion and humanity unites with no need for war and conflict, I doubt any of these will see a license and declassification for the consumer market soon.

Just my two cents.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So unless we get an alien invasion and humanity unites with no need for war and conflict...

Such a sad irony here, as what would unite all to end the need for war and conflict would be... war and conflict.

"War to end all wars" as the WW1 was called, which apparently proved so popular the sequel came about two decades later. So I guess even an alien invasion wouldn't end conflict.

Anyway, got mighty off topic here... :D

Apache would be cool though :p...

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Already used for training military, unfortunately military is a bit picky when it comes to access for anybody to accurately modeled classified stuff.

So unless we get an alien invasion and humanity unites with no need for war and conflict, I doubt any of these will see a license and declassification for the consumer market soon.

Just my two cents.

actually Oleg himself has stated that TBS itslef its not classified. Military users can modify some code themselves for their personal needs to add in stuff, or adjust performance of weapons they wouldn't want to share in the vanilla download product coming from ED.

I hope youy arent implying US F16 and F18 are classified, and thus cant be made for DCS, but could be for TBS? please.....

There is a certain 3 lettered F16C Sim out there that is a high fidelity functioning aircraft of multiple block versions . the F/A18C is being developed and made available for DCS. Straight of Hormuz map, also WIP. coming to DCS for civilian Consumers. Ah64, also is something ED or BST would like to do. ( it doesnt say which versions anyhow)

I also wouldn't see why we coudlnt get a those other maps listed. Theyd be Great to have as well.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Other upcoming modules include a pink pachyderm, and a porcine advanced flight modelling project.

Alternatively, we can instead rely on the 100% accurate announcements made by ED themselves regarding what is and isn't in the pipeline.

and? many of the bolded aircraft are Planned, or at least on a to do list ( in case of F/A18 and straight of Hormuz map are confirmed and under development), save for maybe the other maps.

Dont be so dismissive. speculating and rumors ( these aren't out of the blue) can be rewarding if it turns out to be correct or confined eventually. ;)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hopefully we get that F-16 after the F-18 since a lot of the systems are similar :)

The Apache would be nice too as well as the Afghan and Syria maps.

Sorry guys, VEAO will not be developing the Apache for public release.

We are still aiming to develop a military version pending contracts and future military development for DCS.

Can't go into reasons due to NDA's sorry.

Thanks,

Chris.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2193455&postcount=649

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

i wasn't referring to veao. something BST wanted to do along with other rotries like the cobra or Mi24. Besides Veao is busy with quite a bit of other projects. so no surprise they had to slim down thier WIP/ to do list. Thier a small team. it was more due to lack of manpower.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158039

Plus there are many versions of the Apahce. Its pretty vague when they did not say which version, but AH64A may be a possibility.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Well,yes, you are obviously right.

ED is working on this for public release, since over ten years, and seems to simply forgot to announce any of these on their roadmap.

I will now wait eagerly for the release of the F-16, an AH-64 Apache and the Syria map... ;)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

i wasn't referring to veao. something BST wanted to do along with other rotries like the cobra or Mi24. Besides Veao is busy with quite a bit of other projects. so no surprise they had to slim down thier WIP/ to do list. Thier a small team. it was more due to lack of manpower.

Plus there are many versions of the Apahce. Its pretty vague when they did not say which version, but AH64A may be a possibility.

BTW did Chris tell you that's the reason, or did you make a wild guess?

...why would a company producing military simulations cut down on consumer products, other than the lack of developers.

Oh and how many small team(s) does VEAO have? My info might be outdated, so if you know details, feel free to give me an update.

Shagrat

actually Oleg himself has stated that TBS itslef its not classified. Military users can modify some code themselves for their personal needs to add in stuff, or adjust performance of weapons they wouldn't want to share in the vanilla download product coming from ED.

Correct. That does not imply the usable modules are. As maps and World in DCS are not necessarily part of contracts, or negotiations with the military, either.

I hope youy arent implying US F16 and F18 are classified, and thus cant be made for DCS, but could be for TBS? please.....

There is a certain 3 lettered F16C Sim out there that is a high fidelity functioning aircraft of multiple block versions .

First the original 3 lettered F-16C sim (commercial product) had just one version, lot of things nerfed and or different for the same reasons. The main problem here, I guess, is to acquire the license from the aircraft manufacturer, but that's just a guess.

the F/A18C is being developed and made available for DCS. Straight of Hormuz map, also WIP. coming to DCS for civilian Consumers. Ah64, also is something ED or BST would like to do. ( it doesnt say which versions anyhow)

I also wouldn't see why we coudlnt get a those other maps listed. Theyd be Great to have as well.

Maps seem to be a possibility, depending on contracts. If e.g. the XYZ military is paying for a 100% accurate war zone map it might not want/allow the company building it to resell it otherwise?

The Apache was included in a video of TBS showing JTAC training, that is as old as the A-10C Beta. My guess is, it is certain systems, weapon systems etc. that need permissions and clearance.

I remember the Laser-Maverick variant being deleted, even as a mod, for contractual reasons.

So a lot of this is not "can it be done", but "are we allowed to do it". :dunno:

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Hopefully we get that F-16 after the F-18 since a lot of the systems are similar smile.gif

The Apache would be nice too as well as the Afghan and Syria maps.

Sorry guys, VEAO will not be developing the Apache for public release.

We are still aiming to develop a military version pending contracts and future military development for DCS.

Can't go into reasons due to NDA's sorry.

Thanks,

Chris.

I was replying to Kayos about the AH64 and possible reasons it's not being done now, all good Kev2go.

Anyway, if anyone has already talked to the military/Boeing about doing a consumer version, it may be dead in the water then? Not a good idea to keep bugging them with multiple 3rd parties asking if they can do it.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Items listed on the Military/Professional/Contractor Website are not directly tied into the Consumer Side.

It's been repeated numerous times already.

Just because it's listed there does not mean it's coming to DCS World.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Correct. That does not imply the usable modules are. As maps and World in DCS are not necessarily part of contracts, or negotiations with the military, either.

First the original 3 lettered F-16C sim (commercial product) had just one version, lot of things nerfed and or different for the same reasons. The main problem here, I guess, is to acquire the license from the aircraft manufacturer, but that's just a guess.

Maps seem to be a possibility, depending on contracts. If e.g. the XYZ military is paying for a 100% accurate war zone map it might not want/allow the company building it to resell it otherwise?

The Apache was included in a video of TBS showing JTAC training, that is as old as the A-10C Beta. My guess is, it is certain systems, weapon systems etc. that need permissions and clearance.

I remember the Laser-Maverick variant being deleted, even as a mod, for contractual reasons.

So a lot of this is not "can it be done", but "are we allowed to do it". :dunno:

That 3 letterd Sim was not a Commercial product. Last time i checked even before the 3 lettered mod that modernized it and made it full fidlety sim, it was still a consumer based flight sim/game according to the company, and the way it is sold. ANd yes to date it is hands down most authentic simulation of the F16C block 42/50/52 to date. ( praised by rl pilots of the respective airframe in the same way DCS A10C was, at it release)

well then certain aspects of the map can be simply taken out that a military may not want. . otherwise... google earth ( or other public sourced satellite images to base map design on )

barely developing countries like Afghanistan, i wouldnt expect them to change much in a couple years, so i don't think the latest possible Imagery from this given year wouldn't be necessary imo.

And yea the laser maverick ( agm65E) was removed from the A10C, but such an agreement in the contract only applied to the A10C. In the F/A18C chit chat thread, Oleg confirmed the AGM65E is planned for the F/A18C, but simply not at early access release.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3130286&postcount=2350

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

A-10C 1.1.1.x Came from a Entertainment Version Branch off of the USAF Desktop Trainer,

Whether or not that was a specific version or another name for TBS i cannot say.

That being said, there's no indication that any Aircraft listed on TBS' in dev list is coming to DCS World Officially (outside of the F/A-18C).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 year later...

yeah but apparently most of the content will sooner or later come to the pubblic again, just see f18, f16, syrian theater etc :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

yeah but apparently most of the content will sooner or later come to the pubblic again, just see f18, f16, syrian theater etc :)

That is not Skate's point. You are assuming that because it has happened every time thus far, but that is by no means a guarantee for the future. Looking at it this way avoids dissappointments and can only bring good things :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

...and keep in mind, contracts, disclosure of military stuff and legal issues, most often have nothing (!) to do with logic and even less with the personal wishes of some Sim freaks on the globe.

Even if a couple billion people petition to make it happen, it may not.

Shagrat

Or not, remember the "huge" quantity of Theatres we never see on DCS but was builder to the military / training market by Avia Ltd as Baku, Fort Rucker, Corsica, Bagram Air Base or Debre Zeyit, Ethiopia.

The TBS webpage has 2 years outdated

© 2016, The Fighter Collection & Eagle Dynamics, Inc.

And I think some of "planned" about DCS was changed or depleted as the "Crimea" Theatre or on the "unknown" as the Afghanistan Theatre. Of course, as SkateZilla talk, today has a senseless a list appears of a military products as "reference" to DCS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• 7 months later...

Who cares. They have, supposedly, built lots of stuff that we will never see. Seriously irrelevant.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Who cares. They have, supposedly, built lots of stuff that we will never see. Seriously irrelevant.
May be for DCS, but in "The Battle Simulator “ thread and to showcase how companies like Avia TS create professional products from the same base of software/graphics engine we get to use in DCS is impressive.

And when I first saw DCS 2.0 with the massive buildings, the birds circling over the Lake it was so obviously what I've seen in the "Corsica" video, already years before. So just maybe, we can get a glimpse of what is possible with EDGE in the future.

Shagrat

Don't worry SD, I care, and think it's cool ;)

+1 :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com