DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sry for the confusion silver, i meant will the A8 get the sound from the real A8 xD

There is only one Focke Wulf with the Orginal BMW 801 Engine left, all other are Replicas, Build by Flugwerke called A8N with ASch-82 Russian Build Engine.

Fw-190A5 is in the US, Flying Heritage Collection dont how difficult or cost effective is to record this.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

after watching this youtube my ears are bleeding

i changed my mind i want p-51 sound in fw190

this one is much better in first one mic is totaly oliterated by sound level

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

after watching this youtube my ears are bleeding

i changed my mind i want p-51 sound in fw190

To be fair didnt watch the Video before it posted this here...hell yea Record a BMW Engine with a Smartphone...this Video should be banned from Youtube...huh.gif

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 5 weeks later...

Muffled weed whacker. Sound mod engage. My BMW GSA sounds more impressive. Do they not know these warbirds are the hot rods of the sky and are loud and manly.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

It's awesome to have these unexpected releases :punk: .

Sometimes I have said maybe these modules might be closer than we thought, others I thought that would be more my will than reality. But here they are :beer: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Will it come with the new DM?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice..

But will we see any LW pilots climbing up to intercept B17s online (like ont he video) . . or will they all remain down at low altitudes?

You mean the ghost ships?

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Nice..

But will we see any LW pilots climbing up to intercept B17s online (like ont he video) . . or will they all remain down at low altitudes?

You can't intercept those bombers at low altitude.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

After it will be officially announced, as always..

I gues.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Looks superb! I am very much looking forward to this one.

I wonder if it will be possible to arm it with bombs. The scene at 1:58 in the official trailer suggests maybe, although none of the A-8s are shown with bombs. Or maybe that is waiting for the real gem... the F-8.

as far as i know f-8 and a-8 had the same weapons like bombs rockets atc but f-8 had losts of aditional armor protecting plane and pilot from ground fire

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

That was unexpected. D-Day anniversary release, nice!

Maybe we get also the new DM as well! Been waiting to fly DCS WWII modules until that happens.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

as far as i know f-8 and a-8 had the same weapons like bombs rockets atc but f-8 had losts of aditional armor protecting plane and pilot from ground fire

Yes, the F-8 had additional armour... and that will certainly be appreciated! But some variants of the F-8 carried additional ordnance on wing pylons and a larger variety of weapons, than were deployed on the A-8. Additionally, there were modifications made to the injection on the supercharger for low-altitude performance. The posts from Coyote (see refs) suggested that at least the ECT50 mounts would be added. The F-8 would therefore represent a better ground-attack aircraft... at least for those of us who prefer ground attack, and I concede that many do not.

References