Start Up Training Mission Error

mytai01

The "Start Up Training Mission" won't progress past the the "HUD Turn On Procedure." Even though I turn on the HUD (one or two clicks on the switch and the radar alt to H) the mission doesn't progress...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I didn't have this problem. Perhaps it requires you to press space bar? I know it's confusing in this mission, sometimes you have to, sometimes you don't.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I didn't have this problem. Perhaps it requires you to press space bar? I know it's confusing in this mission, sometimes you have to, sometimes you don't.

I did press the space bar. Many times. I pressed all the buttons it asked for many time. No Dice! The mission also doesn't explain what position the three position HUD Power switch needs to be in since you can't see any markings for it...

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I did press the space bar. Many times. I pressed all the buttons it asked for many time. No Dice! The mission also doesn't explain what position the three position HUD Power switch needs to be in since you can't see any markings for it...

That's explained in the user manual, that you are supposed to read before the mission ;)

6. POWER SWITCH. Used to power up the HUD. It has two positions: normal operation (right - click once) and test mode (accessible after second right - click).

I don't know which version you were using back then, nor which mission that was (NTTR or Caucasus), perhaps try again? All I can say is that I did both, Caucasus months ago, and NTTR right now, and that was fine. Sometimes the missions break with some versions of the beta DCS.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

That's explained in the user manual, that you are supposed to read before the mission ;)

6. POWER SWITCH. Used to power up the HUD. It has two positions: normal operation (right - click once) and test mode (accessible after second right - click).

I don't know which version you were using back then, nor which mission that was (NTTR or Caucasus), perhaps try again? All I can say is that I did both, Caucasus months ago, and NTTR right now, and that was fine. Sometimes the missions break with some versions of the beta DCS.

The mission is at Batumi airport and I've tried both positions. It's not my error...

I realized that what I was missing was one of the switches on the HUD. I thought and only noticed two switches needing to be turned on. I didn't realize there were THREE switches that needed to be turned on. I might be nice if the high lighters were different colors...;)

Hey! Sorry, no way to change the colours AFAIK. And in general training missions are there to teach, but after you get a grasp of the manual and when possible cross referencing things - especially switches etc. Hope you'll enjoy rest of the training and then the campaign (which is also designed as a training exercise evolving into something bigger). Cheers!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey! Sorry, no way to change the colours AFAIK. And in general training missions are there to teach, but after you get a grasp of the manual and when possible cross referencing things - especially switches etc. Hope you'll enjoy rest of the training and then the campaign (which is also designed as a training exercise evolving into something bigger). Cheers!

No problems! I really like the M2000C. It's a fantastic module and aircraft!