New to this, need help

Malacoda

Hello everyone, first time here, I have downloaded the "bare bones" of DCS and trying to learn more about it. Right off the start I am in trouble, when I click on the full screen field in settings I do indeed get a full screen, but my mouse or cursor seems to be in window mode and nothing is aligned. can anyone help? thanks in advance..... Malacoda

Match screen resolution with game resolution?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hello everyone, first time here, I have downloaded the "bare bones" of DCS and trying to learn more about it. Right off the start I am in trouble, when I click on the full screen field in settings I do indeed get a full screen, but my mouse or cursor seems to be in window mode and nothing is aligned. can anyone help? thanks in advance..... Malacoda

Been so many posts about this and I’m really surprised it hasn’t been fixed by now.

I seem to recall if you alt-tab out, click on desktop, then click back on DCS it solves the problem. Something like that anyway. I run DCS at my native 4K now, so I don’t have the issue.

It’s not always convenient or desirable to have to lower your desktop res to match what you have DCS set to.

Never happened in any other game, ever.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thank you Chic for the help, I am too old for the new technology, I will have to learn how to implement your instructions. :) .

Thank you imacken, most of what you said is obscure to me, so limited is my knowledge of computers. I did press alt-tab and it is working now as it should. Thank you both again.... Malacoda

Wow you have a long learning curve ahead of you. Take it easy and enjoy the ride!

Can't stress the point more that you should try and benefit from all the learning that the community has already performed before you. Chuck's guides or YouTube can be helpful first steps when something seems a bit difficult to figure out. Prepare to read the manuals though :smilewink:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

.......thank you all. Yes I can see I am in for some nose bleeds with this study sim. I hope that my questioning will not be much of a bother, I am starting the training with the Su-25T , I have searched for a pdf file on the different cockpit instruments on operation of this plane but could not find any. could anyone point me in that direction? Much obliged :) Malacoda

Well done! :)

You may sometimes feel like getting stuck with this sim, but feelings often are illusory and don't reflect true reality... Try and work different angles of approach when the slope rises... like weapons - sensors - navigation - free flight or just different aircraft. Learning with someone else may be of assistance as well.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

:cry: is there a keyboard layout for the Su-25T ? thanks in advance.

I used this crib sheet when starting out with the Su-25T,

09-23-2012, 11:34 AM #2

159th_Falcon

Posted this a while ago somewhere else, hope it helps.

Additionally, when carrying the MPS-410 Jammer pods (need both)

you can use E to activate the jammers. (warm up time 15 secs i believe, once warmed up flashing green light in the RH console wall will burn steady)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 159th_Falcon

Needed for Start Up

===================

RSHIFT+L = Start APU (put electrical power on, whatever)

L = cockpit instrument lights (for when its dark obviously)

Ctrl + C = close/open canopy

Right Ctrl + L = Navigation lights (steady, alternating Left/Right, off)

Right Alt + Home = Start ENG #1

Right Ctrl + Home = Start ENG #2

Right Alt + L = taxi/landing lights (take's a while to move down from stowed position under the wingtip speed brakes

W = Wheel Brake

Needed for Take-off

===================

# (uk), \ (usa) = com's menu - "F1=Request Taxi, Request Takeoff"

1 = select navigation mode

F = Flaps (cycles between fully retracted and down one "notch" is for take-off)

G = Landing Gear (retract/extent)

Ctrl + ` = cycle waypoints, or cycle airfields when in Return/ILS mode nav mode

Shift + ` = previous waypoint/airfield

Needed for Flying

=================

Assign your axis!!!

` = AP override (is the key left of the 1 on your keyboard)

Alt + 1 = AP Attitude Hold (maintains bank and pitch angle)

Alt + 2 = AP Altitude and Roll Hold (maintains altitude and bank angle)

Alt + 3 = AP Transit Level Flight (panic button, returns aircraft to straight and level flight)

Alt + 4 = AP Barometric Altitude Hold (can still roll the aircraft)

Alt + 5 = AP Radio Altitude hold (can still roll the aircraft, follows terrain, Alt THERE ARE SLOPE LIMITS believe max 5 degrees up)

Alt + 9 = AP Disengage (disengage whatever autopilot mode was selected)

A = Auto Pilot on in selected NAV mode (meaning fly's to next waypoint, fly's to return point, fly's ILS approach, or when in Air to Ground mode and any targeting device lock it will fly to the locked target at the present altitude)

Rctrl + . = Trim UP

Rctrl + / = Trim Right Roll (right wingtip down)

Rctrl + ; = Trimp Down

Rctrl + , = Trim Left Roll (left wingtip down)

B = Air Brakes Extend

Ctrl + B = Air Brakes Retract

Needed for Landing

==================

F = Flaps (cycles between fully retracted and down one "notch" is for take-off, landing and manovur)

Shift + F = Flaps 2nd position (Full for landing)

Ctrl + F = Retract Flaps Fully

G = Landing Gear (retract/extent)

W = Wheel Brake

Needed for Air to Ground

========================

7 = select Air to ground mode

Shift + E = activate rear hemisphere IR jammer (should help against heat seaking missiles, don't expect magic though)

Space = Launch/fire selected weapon (gun/rockets/bombs/missiles)

Ctrl + V = Salvo Mode (launches selected weapon in salvo, for example 4 rocket pods at same time)

D = Cycle weapon stations

Right Ctrl + O = Mercury LLTV (low light version of Skhval, only if fitted)

C = Select Canon

i = Select Fantasmagoria (needed to lock and launch KH-25MPU and KH-58 Anti Radiation Missiles)

Insert = deploy chaff (only good against radar guided missiles)

Delete = deploy flares (only good against Heat Seaking missiles)

for both, DONT EXPECT MAGIC!

O = Uncage/Cage skhval

; = Skhval UP

/ = Skhval Right

. = Skhval Down

, = Skhval Left

(these also work for the ELINT and LLTV target designators)

Ctrl + W = Jettison Weapons (start whit A-G weapons, outter pylons first working inwards, then continues whit A-A weapons outter pylons first working inwards, pods/jammers can NOT BE JETTISONED)

Enter = Lock Target

Alt + R = Jettison External tanks (also in pairs, outboard stations first then inboard)

V = cycle ripple interval

Ctrl + Space = Ripple quantity

That's just about it i guess, you can download my profile here;

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.ph...9&d=1270665727

(both for SU33 and SU25T profile is bit dated so some things may not work anymore)

~S~

***EDIT***

Forgot the following

In options, controls, axis assignments look for I 251 zoom this is zoom of the Skhval and can be bound to a rotary/slider or other axis

Also look for "target box size, gun funnel size, gunpod elevation" this can also be bound to an axis.

=================================================

11-05-2012, 04:29 PM #2

PE_Tigar

On Su-25T brakes - toe pedals do not work by design, because on the real airplane the breaks are on a stick (a lever I guess, or a button). Differential braking is achieved by using rudder input+the brake command. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the link to 159th_Falcon 's original post.

Apache600's Su-25T checklist is also an invaluable addition to your kneeboard (Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\Su-25T)

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080